Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I forgot to thanks whore and say that I passed my theory test, woooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Anybody who thanks the above post gets banned.

:P

I made chocolate cupcakes. They're delicious.

I made frosting to go on the cupcakes, it was delicious, but the consistency was terrible so I binned it.

I'm still chalking this up as a success.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

<_<

Well, ye pay about as much attention to my decrees as people do in real life. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well, ye pay about as much attention to my decrees as people do in real life. :(

Ye never get any hard work to do around here. :P We need to drum up some kind of a scandal on the forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

No scandals. None. I forbid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Finally got my PS4 controller to work with my Pc. :pac:

Nothing amazing but...
    Its-something.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Just finished my last shift at work before I go interrailing for a month! Life is good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Impulse bought an Arctic Monkeys ticket for Marley Park on the 12th :)

Just finished my last shift at work before I go interrailing for a month! Life is good :D

Ooh cool!

What countries are you going to?
    You going on your own or with a group of people?

• Advertisement

Superbad on de telly, will never get old <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Ooh cool!

What countries are you going to?
    You going on your own or with a group of people?

I'm going with 9 of my mates, my stops are:

Amsterdam
    Berlin
    Prague
    Krakow
    Budapest
    Lake Bled
    Pag, Croatia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Finally 18! Last of my friends to turn 18 so now I finally won't be left out of all the nights out :pac:

That said a minor arrgghhhhh is that I have literally no plans today to celebrate but ah well
    I'm content enough :o

aleatorio wrote: »
    Finally 18! Last of my friends to turn 18 so now I finally won't be left out of all the nights out :pac:

That said a minor arrgghhhhh is that I have literally no plans today to celebrate but ah well
    I'm content enough :o

Acquire currency, consume alcohol, consort with b*tches :pac:

Ah the blissful naivety of turning 18, thinking you'll never be turned away again...

"Sorry bud, over 23's."
    "FUUUUUU-"

:pac:

Ukelele acquired, success!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

So ive actually had a good day today. first day ive been happy and genuinely felt myself. Im just on the verge of depression and its the most horrible feeling ever. the will to live is a killer. These next four days are going to be tough. But i think one thing is certain ive decided to quit my job and do another career change and i feel good about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

deise_girl wrote: »
    I forgot to thanks whore and say that I passed my theory test, woooo

To top this, I got my full license the other day :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Sometimes I look back on some times in my teenage years where I was quite unhappy and angst-ridden and in general not the biggest fan of life and then get bursts of gratitude that my life is freaking brilliant at the moment. I'm in my dream course and doing quite well with it so far, have generally fantastic friends, independence, a nice boy to do nice things with, constant fun experiences with people I love, and a bit of a steady income of course! Everything has been coming up Milhouse for me in the last year or so, and I really couldn't be much happier. :)

Now I'm off to work to deal with the next nine hours of menial customer complaints while being rather hungover. And I'm not even that bummed about this. Aaaaah life is good!

• Advertisement

I'm in a ridiculously good mood. I've lost weight over the last week (down a full number on my BMI, lads!) and I had so much fun working at Macklemore last night (even though my feet still hurt)

I want to get a tattoo, but like something really minimal or simplistic and small and somewhere fairly concealable but different, like that would make it almost irrelevant. If you get my meaning? Like on my foot or something.

This isn't really a yeahh but I'm just feeling awesome at the moment :D I dunno why but life just seems so god damn amazing at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm in a ridiculously good mood. I've lost weight over the last week (down a full number on my BMI, lads!) and I had so much fun working at Macklemore last night (even though my feet still hurt)

How about you go up a full number in your contacts list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

How about you go up a full number in your contacts list?

with regards to your signature who is michael and why should I keep fighting him

Michael Schumacher. IMO the best Formula 1 driver of all time.

And you don't fight him.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I want to get a tattoo, but like something really minimal or simplistic and small and somewhere fairly concealable but different, like that would make it almost irrelevant. If you get my meaning? Like on my foot or something.

This isn't really a yeahh but I'm just feeling awesome at the moment :D I dunno why but life just seems so god damn amazing at the moment!

I got a Deathly Hallows symbol on my ribs last summer (a year on the 3rd of July) and I still L O V E it because it's obscure enough that if you don't know HP, you probably think it's Illuminati and the Deathly Hallows story is cute (protection from Death).

And it's one of the few things I've genuinely yolo-ed and still think is the best thing ever :D

• Advertisement

I got a Deathly Hallows symbol on my ribs last summer (a year on the 3rd of July) and I still L O V E it because it's obscure enough that if you don't know HP, you probably think it's Illuminati and the Deathly Hallows story is cute (protection from Death).

And it's one of the few things I've genuinely yolo-ed and still think is the best thing ever :D

No sh*t my best friend has the same tat!! I would get it but I'd be copyin him :P It's so cool though, the way that story is shown in HP is soooooo cool!! I still don't know what I want to get though :(

My first tat will be a deathly hallows, I just need money. I'm thinking of getting it right at the base of my breastbone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Ive decided to get my star symbol. its like tribal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

three different people at work today told me I looked dapper, looked nice and smelt good, respectively.
    First time in a long time someone paid me a compliment like that let alone three in a few hours. Gave me a right confidence boost. All this jogging and healthy eating paying off.

Some dude just told me how much he liked my jacket and then asked where he might get one like it. :D

In other news, I reckon I'll only get my first tattoo after I complete my first marathon, to commemorate the achievement. That may happen this year. Time will tell.

• Advertisement

If I get a tattoo, it will be this.
    mnu-aa.png

It's part of the Man United crest and I'll get it at the top of my back.

But there's another one I will definitely get. No questions asked. It's only a word, but it has got me through a hell of a lot. Cutcake.

Now I know it sounds like a silly word to get tattooed, but anytime I was going to selfharm, I would write one letter a day on my arm instead of cutting. C on the first day, U the day after and so on. 1 week later, Cut Cake would be on my arm, so I would have some kind of treat for getting through a week without doing anything silly.

I can't imagine ever getting a tattoo to be honest. I reckon it's because I'm generally a very indecisive person, and I know no matter what I'd get I'd probably end up hating it in a year or two...

When I was an (more) angsty bastard a few years ago, I contemplated getting one of my sister's names done to remember her, but idk, everything like that seems so cheesy.

Each to their own though, some tattoos are class. Those deathly hallows ones sound cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Just weighed myself to discover that my BMI is now exactly 25%. :D

It may have something to do with being sick last week, but meh. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

My first tat will be a deathly hallows, I just need money. I'm thinking of getting it right at the base of my breastbone.

GET IT.

It was very sore because the ribs is all bony but I have never ever once gotten regretful for getting it! Investment into my happiness :cool:

Arctic Monkeys were absolutely amazing, so glad I went :D

So far Estonia is unreaaaaal

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Finally bit the bullet and treated myself to a few horsey things online, sooooooooo excited for its arrival <3

Have a ticket for the hurling quarter finals :D Cannot wait for the trip to Tipp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

1st driving lesson done and I didn't kill anyone

Only thing is we don't own a car I can practice in :pac:

HugsiePie wrote: »
    1st driving lesson done and I didn't kill anyone

Only thing is we don't own a car I can practice in :pac:

My Dad might sell you a Primera if you want? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

On the topic of driving, lesson #4. tomorrow morning and not a single incident so far. I'm quite impressed actually, even if every cyclist and wide vehicle appears to decide they own the road everytime I try to go anywhere. Came through a small part of town a while ago with Dad for the first time, encountered two sets of traffic lights successfully. Woo, success. The only productive thing I've done all summer.

My Dad might sell you a Primera if you want? :P
    On the subject of a Primera. Dad's car is a Primera and for the past two years anytime anyone has mentioned me learning to drive I've been dead set against ever being able to drive it because it's not exactly the smallest thing in the world amd I still manage to stop too far away from every line because I haven't a clue where the front of it is but still, such a nice car to actually drive. The instructor has some kind of Citroen and the clutch pedal is ridiculously high, like my toe just touches it amd half the time it's more comfortable if my jeel just floats in midair so there's less of a severe angle on my ankle. Then there's the speedometer being right in front of your eyes, everytime I see it my brain goes "Oh god, we're going 72km!Too fast!! Too fast!! Slow down!! Slow down!!Aaaaahhhhhh" Primera all the way lads <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

London Calling on the stereo, An astounding cup of coffee, Wiping the floor with every team in the airtricity league on fifa manager mode as Limerick, Few shmokes and a sunny day. Days off are bitching!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

bluejay14 wrote: »
    I see it my brain goes "Oh god, we're going 72km!Too fast!! Too fast!! Slow down!! Slow down!!Aaaaahhhhhh"

yeah I have the opposite problem, there's an ex-national road that has been replaced with a motorway at my town and any time I drive on it my mum has to remind me that the speed limit exists

BUT ITS JUST SO WIDE AND STRAIGHT AND THERE'S NO TRAFFIC

Staff party was last night. Sitting outside a pub in Limerick on a nice sunny evening, free drink, free finger food, good craic.

As people started to drift away at 11, there were four of us left, and the guys there gave us another plate of food for nothing. We sort of reckon they gave it to us to shut us up as we were being somewhat raucous, but still. :P

For part two of this story, see argh.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Wheres my argh wnolan? Where is it :pac:

It's a long diatribe of woe and misery. Enjoy.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91348773&postcount=2324

Back from Estonia, was unreaaaaal. So happy I went

DUBLIN DUBLIN DUBLIN!

Did a good deed and I feel really good. There was a church bake sale today, and I bought some cupcakes. Then I saw a homeless man, so I gave him the cupcakes.

He probably just used those cupcakes for drugs.

Way to go you enabler.

Ah well.

• Advertisement

Ah well.

I can see the headlines now. 'Mod gives drugs to homeless, shows no remorse'

Advertisement