Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Good pasty last night :)

Party*

Head isn't fully functioning today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

First Harry Potter is on, never gets old ^_^

'Yerr a wizard Harry'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I haz 1000 posts!?

omg.jpg&sa=X&ei=nr1jTvPMEcKt8gOo85GnCg&ved=0CAYQ8wc4GA&usg=AFQjCNHYwOfUJTPBVDS6hsVm62WrmJAt_g

\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Namlub wrote: »
    First Harry Potter is on, never gets old ^_^

'Yerr a wizard Harry'

Some serious dirty language in this, but its fucking Brilliant!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Some serious dirty language in this, but its fucking Brilliant!!!! :pac:

When did Harry become Scottish? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

You're are a wizard? I'm a wizud? The pronounciation alone is hilarious :D

Also, Gmod videos are awesome :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

So just sitting depressed thinking fml fml fml then wham everything sorts itself out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

My housemates are sound from first impressions \o/ haven't two of them yet, but i can live with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

My mom made me pizza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Back to college in the morning.
    Can't wait to see everyone!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I've officially moved in to my college place \o/ We're getting the proper internet sorted tomorrow[should be a 12 meg download,but We'll see]

I'm so happy to be back in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Google is currently BRILLIANT :D

Google is currently BRILLIANT :D
    Motion brought to the table, seconded, and passed. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Electric Picnic was amazing. I'm back tonight as I've to work tomorrow.. But wow. Just wow. Arcade Fire were unreal. Loads of awesome bands, both those I know well and those I'm looking forward to hearing more of.

My ears are ringing, I'm exhausted, my feet are killing me and I need to be up in about 5/6 hours - but feck all that, I had a fantastic weekend. \o/ It's good to be home all the same, but I loved every minute of it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

First day of college went better than I thought. Only had 3 lectures, finished at 12, not sure what to do with the rest of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Electric Picnic was phenomenal. Favourites included:

Arcade Fire - Got right up to the front, the atmosphere was incredible

Trinity Orchestra - Really cool, they did a set of Daft Punk stuff

The Family Stone - Funky and awesome

DJ Shadow - Best DJ set of the weekend

Tieranniesaur - Really cool, the best atmosphere in Body&Soul all weekend IMO was when they played.

And So I Watch You From Afar - Again, atmosphere was awesome. The whole crowd was just going insane.

Warpaint - Only caught a part of this set, but they were really, really good.

But the best act of the weekend for me was the incredible, amazing PJ Harvey. She was just superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I bought my mammy a netbook 'cos that way she can Skype me when she's all sad that I've left :P She is all \o/ at the moment and it's brilliant.. Albeit it was a birthday/christmas for the next 10 years combined present... :P

Electric Picnic was great as ever.

Arcade Fire stole the show but surprisingly the next-best act were Trinity Orchestra. They made me ashamed to go to college on the other side of the N11!

White Lies and Interpol also put on amazing sets. Mad I didn't get to see PJ Harvey but, c'est la vie!

My friend started pulling off very weird dance moves in the body and soul area, and myself and some friends started copying him, all in a line facing him. Soon two more people joined in and suddenly there were at least 30 people, but probably closer to 40 or 50 joining us in some kind of viral dance/aerobics spectacle. Mad altogether. Then we rushed him for a giant group hug.

My legs ache from the cycle there but I know I'll put myself through it again next year. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just ordered clothes online for the first time...never been this excited for post in my life!

Electric Picnic was great as ever.

Arcade Fire stole the show but surprisingly the next-best act were Trinity Orchestra. They made me ashamed to go to college on the other side of the N11!

White Lies and Interpol also put on amazing sets. Mad I didn't get to see PJ Harvey but, c'est la vie!

My friend started pulling off very weird dance moves in the body and soul area, and myself and some friends started copying him, all in a line facing him. Soon two more people joined in and suddenly there were at least 30 people, but probably closer to 40 or 50 joining us in some kind of viral dance/aerobics spectacle. Mad altogether. Then we rushed him for a giant group hug.

My legs ache from the cycle there but I know I'll put myself through it again next year. :D

Conor forgot to mention his real highlight of the weekend was hanging out with me. Of course. Especially going to see bands who turned out to suck live. :pac:

Highlights-wise for me:

Arcade Fire of course - was also right up front for that having stayed through James Blake and Lykke Li (she's a maaaaaad yoke on stage!). Interpol were fantastic on the first day, but they just couldn't compare. PJ Harvey was wonderful, of course. Trinity Orchestra were surprisingly awesome - like, I knew they were seriously good, but it was definitely even better than I'd hoped. Best Coast - voice was lovely, sound quality wasn't great in the tent. Foster the People - loved, loved, loved them. Everything Everything, The Drums, Beirut.. So many others. Much awesome, very little crap. \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Bits of Justice's new album are being released left, right and centre. It's purty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

I'm not lurking here anymore, I will post :D yeahhhhhhhh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

One of the lads trying to say my name makes me laugh! He pronounces it somewhere between Cara and Ciara... :P

I love this place! :D Get on great with everyone, don't know why I was ever scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Going for Scouts training course tomorrow. It's gonna be long and boring, but I'm finally gonna become an official Scout Leader :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

After 2 previous attempts I finally got to see Owl City tonight. It was awesome :) Also we went to Jimmy Chungs before and my boyfriend bought me a tshirt.

Then I got home and my mum had made bread and jam <3

Sitting in Java's...SO happy to be back! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

100% lecture attendance rate so far. :cool:

(May have only had one lecture so far..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Skintwin wrote: »
    Sitting in Java's...SO happy to be back! :D

Is it Scholars or Javas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

EP was awesome. Highlights include seeing Joffrey from Game of Thrones there, getting Adebisi Shank and ASIWYFA set lists and the bands who were awesome (DJ Shadow, Adebisi Shank, ASIWYFA, The Undertones, Arcade Fire, Pulp, Warpaint and more!).

Did anyone else see Joffrey? I think his real name is Jack Gleeson. Also, meeting Kiney was a highlight and watching Aoibheann from afar. (When she was helping Knifey put up a tent and at Tieranniesaur)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Jako8 wrote: »
    Adebisi Shank and ASIWYFA set lists and the bands who were awesome (too many to list).
    What were Adebisi like live? Want to see them so badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

OMGHFAD+FASDJADKASJBH

So like 2 months ago I went for an interview for a new pub/restaurant that was meant to be opening a while ago. The interview was meant to be for waitressing but during the interview she asked me if I'd be interested in a trainee chef job. I hadn't heard anything since so I'd pretty much dismissed it. The head chef just rang me and asked if I was around on Thursday and to call in for a chat. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Did anyone else see Joffrey? I think his real name is Jack Gleeson. Also, meeting Kiney was a highlight and watching Aoibheann from afar. (When she was helping Knifey put up a tent and at Tieranniesaur)

Ahhh, you should have come over and said hello to me! :( Next time!
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    OMGHFAD+FASDJADKASJBH

So like 2 months ago I went for an interview for a new pub/restaurant that was meant to be opening a while ago. The interview was meant to be for waitressing but during the interview she asked me if I'd be interested in a trainee chef job. I hadn't heard anything since so I'd pretty much dismissed it. The head chef just rang me and asked if I was around on Thursday and to call in for a chat. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Aw, that's brilliant. If anyone deserves an opportunity like that, it's you. Awesome, I really hope it works out. \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    OMGHFAD+FASDJADKASJBH

\o/ That is fantastic! :D Best of luck with that Thursday.

My yaah; graduating tomorrow. Told myself ages ago I wouldn't go 'cause my degree didn't go too well, but I've gotten over that now and forgiven myself. I'm actually even a little proud of myself now for making it through under the circumstances and stuff. Don't have any plans for after yet, I'll see how it goes. Should be a decent night anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

RHunce wrote: »
    Is it Scholars or Javas?

It is Javas as long as Corman doesn't hear you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Cydoniac wrote: »

Pretty good IMO, but not quite on par with the best acts. Disappointed to miss Flying Lotus, in retrospect. Chemical Brothers were quite poor, I thought. I saw Joffrey too, I've seen him in college before though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I started packing for college today!!! \o/

Never dawned on me how much stuff I actually need to take :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

My yaah; graduating tomorrow. Told myself ages ago I wouldn't go 'cause my degree didn't go too well, but I've gotten over that now and forgiven myself. I'm actually even a little proud of myself now for making it through under the circumstances and stuff. Don't have any plans for after yet, I'll see how it goes. Should be a decent night anyway. :)

I'm graduating tomorrow too!! Hope you have a good day Knifey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Cydoniac wrote: »

I thought they were amazing.

• Advertisement

I'm graduating tomorrow too!! Hope you have a good day Knifey :D

Woot! You too! :D
    *secret-graduate high five*
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    Arcade Fire of course - was also right up front for that having stayed through James Blake and Lykke Li (she's a maaaaaad yoke on stage!). \o/

Ah yes, the wonderful 3 and 1/4 hour wait. Was totally worth it though (even if my balls got quite squished against the railings at times :pac:) Being at the very front and hearing "Haiti" live will go down as one of the best moments of my life ever. :D

*momentary swoon in appreciation of Régine Chassagne*

Seriously, I'm already looking forward to EP 2012. No idea who'll be playing, if I'll be able to afford it or if I'll even be around for it....but I wanna go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 ConorFYG

"You have been asked to attend training for the Cork City development squad on Saturday. Please confirm f you can attend."

Finally, some progress. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I thought they were amazing.

I saw them a few months ago in The Button Factory for free, good gig.

Did anyone see Boys Noize at EP? I haven't seen him live since 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Started my course yesterday, seems great! I also got a free dinner in a nice restaurant provided courtesy of NUIG which was great, but does lead me to question current education spending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Started my course yesterday, seems great! I also got a free dinner in a nice restaurant provided courtesy of NUIG which was great, but does lead me to question current education spending.

Free dinners? Where do I sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Wrong forum, duh!

• Advertisement

Currently posting while wearing a fancy robe and sash thing. :pac: This whole graduate thing is nice. Shame it won't be so fancy every day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Currently posting while wearing a fancy robe and sash thing. :pac: This whole graduate thing is nice. Shame it won't be so fancy every day....

Congrats :D UCC graduates are clearly the bomb like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Registered for college \o/ If only the woman in the programme office could read her own emails,maybe it wouldn't have taken 2 hours :/ but still,all set for one more year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Haha they're so cool aren't they! Congrats as well.
    I've had a lovely day so far :) I'm quite proud of myself for sticking it out to the end and finally getting my degree. God knows it took me long enough :P And I didn't trip while up getting my scroll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Even though my shítty morning turned in to an even shíttier day this evening should be loads of fun! :D We're going to a comedy night and then coming home and watching a dvd in the common room! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement