Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Area Knowledge Test Wexford

Options
  • 19-08-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi there,

I am planning on applying for my SPSV Licence in Wexford in the coming months. In order to prepare for the exam though, I am just wondering does anyone have any tips on the type of questions that come up?

While I have already began looking at things for the Industry Knowledge element of the exam, can anyone provide me with any information I could be looking at for the Area Knowledge element of the test? What material should I be looking at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Are you mad have you not looked around Wexford the business is dead.The other towns in the county well some dont even have Taxis only Gorey has a rank outside Wexford town and that can be used at any time as any taxis there have more or less given up.I really hope for your own sake you dont pass the test most of us want to get out of it the first job that i can get im out of here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hi there,

I think in terms of area knowledge, what you need to know is the names of the different quays in Wexford (i.e. Paul Quay and Crescent) and all the different streets that lead off the main street.

I'm not a taxi driver but I get them very frequently, was chatting to a guy about the requirements are just a few nights ago. But as the person above said, there is a seriously seriously serious lack of business in Wexford. You've got a better chance with a Wicklow license working up in Bray I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

i passed the waterford area knowledge test a while back- generally you'll have to know what street/quay all main hotels/tourist offices/hospitals/museums/churches/libraries/rail and bus stations are located on.

that was for the areas of waterford/dungarvan and tramore so you may have the same with wexford/gorey and new ross perhaps?

you will also have to know all key national and regional roads in the county and where they lead to etc.

the names of big housing estates will be asked and what road they lead onto eg. what road does richmond drive lead onto?- r733

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daveyt

Dont forget to brush up on the smalltalk...

Think weather, lack of business for ya, emigration/immigration

Advertisement