Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Skid wrote: »
    I wonder is Sean Gallagher's Wife restraining him from throwing things at the Screen when she appears?

So near and yet, so far, Sean.
    I'd say there is a picture of Glenna, Martin McGuinness, Pat Kenny and few more on his dart board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I bet he sent it by Ear-mail..

I hate that Truly Irish ad.

"And rashers that taste grrrrrreat"
    There is a lad speaking in that advert and he sounds like he is trying to talk with marbles in his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    There is a lad speaking in that advert and he sounds like he is trying to talk with marbles in his mouth.

I thought he had a few rashers and sausages in his mouth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I wonder is Sean Gallagher's Wife restraining him from throwing things at the Screen when she appears?

So near and yet, so far, Sean.

Haven't heard much of him since. Did he set the record straight on his creative accounting. He's going after RTE the last time i heard.

• Advertisement

Leo talking rubbish again. We all know that very little happens with the Revenue Commissioners without the approval of the Government first. Watching Enda Kenny trying to wriggle out of it was pathetic. Just as pathetic as his promise to keep Roscommon A&E services open.

I thought he had a few rashers and sausages in his mouth :D
    Here you go Harry, especially for you. "Marble Man" appears nine seconds into the video :D

I suppose if he had enough road frontage I might get over the accent :D

Here you go Harry, especially for you. "Marble Man" appears nine seconds into the video :D

It always comes down to the road frontage with ye country people ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Haven't heard much of him since. Did he set the record straight on his creative accounting. He's going after RTE the last time i heard.

Yeah, he is looking to cash in on RTE's cockup on the PrimeTime Debate apparently. I had to check his surname before I posted, strange how quickly the Election losers disappear from the Public Eye.

Over to RTE1 for the last gasp of Inglorious Basterds for me ...

It always comes down to the road frontage with ye country people ;):D

One of these nights, I'll meet an eligible woman with Dual Frontage. Ye won't see me for dust :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭srvhead

Leo talking rubbish again. We all know that very little happens with the Revenue Commissioners without the approval of the Government first. Watching Enda Kenny trying to wriggle out of it was pathetic. Just as pathetic as his promise to keep Roscommon A&E services open.

I didnt see the show or heard what was said but I can tell you for a fact as a former Revenue employee that, as probably the only government department not headed by a politician i.e. no Minister, Revenue is totally above politics, Josephine Feehily is a civil servant, not a politician. Revenue in the political sense is autonomous and does not need govt. approval or bow to politicians.

srvhead wrote: »
    I didnt see the show or heard what was said but I can tell you for a fact as a former Revenue employee that, as probably the only government department not headed by a politician i.e. no Minister, Revenue is totally above politics, Josephine Feehily is a civil servant, not a politician. Revenue in the political sense is autonomous and does not need govt. approval or bow to politicians.

So why didn't the Revenue start going after the pensioners a few years ago during the Fianna Fail regime? How come it's only happened since a new government came into being? Surely the Revenue must have known all along that some pensioners were liable for tax? Very convenient altogether that. And by the way, I don't swallow all that guff about Revenue only now being able to talk with Social Welfare.
    And no matter how much you try to convince me otherwise, we all know the way that things work in this country, so much of it is done on a nod and a wink basis. Sure, there are protocols and procedures, just like there were supposed to be protocols and prodedures in the Financial Regulator's Office ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Thats how real Irish people speak kids, not that d4 rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

You must be jokeing! Revenue comes under the Dept of Finance & he who pays the piper calls the tune .... you are beyond naive if you think otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

... I can tell you for a fact as a former Revenue employee that, as probably the only government department not headed by a politician i.e. no Minister, Revenue is totally above politics, Josephine Feehily is a civil servant, not a politician. Revenue in the political sense is autonomous and does not need govt. approval or bow to politicians.
    How come CJ Haughey was able to arrange several private meetings between Ben Dunne and the head of revenue to sort out the Dunne family trust?;)

I'm really getting sick of Vincent's left wing agenda.. Tarring all private business with the same brush, as being exploitative of their employees... I mean just because they arent mollycoddled like the public service workers DOESNT mean that they are all unfairly treated.. Where do you think the money for social welfare comes from, Vincent, it's certainly not generated by the Public Sector or the Government..

[/rant]

I'm really getting sick of Vincent's left wing agenda.. Tarring all private business with the same brush, as being exploitative of their employees... I mean just because they arent mollycoddled like the public service workers DOESNT mean that they are all unfairly treated.. Where do you think the money for social welfare comes from, Vincent, it's certainly not generated by the Public Sector or the Government..

[/rant]
    Jonny, you're all heart this evening :(

We badly need to reform Company Law in this country. There are far too many loopholes for the fatcats to use in order to evade their obligations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

They should pay the redundancy payments and be done with it.

• Advertisement

Jonny, you're all heart this evening :(

All heart every evening Mrs D... Y'know I'm just an old romantic..

nudger wrote: »
    They should pay the redundancy payments and be done with it.
    I completely agree, some of the Vita Cortex people have over 40 years service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

The 2 guys on talking to Vincent were on between €420- €550 a week after 40 odd years service, company directors are right pigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

NAMA must be worth a pretty penny now. I wonder if any of its wealth is being looked at to fulfill the sale of state assets in the bailout program.

What really pisses me off about all of this is Labour's attitude towards the Vita Cortex situation. Anyone would think they were still on the opposition benches with no power to do anything about this.

NAMA must be worth a pretty penny now. I wonder if any of its wealth is being looked at to fulfill the sale of state assets in the bailout program.

Given that Property prices have continued to crash since they paid for the loans AND they paid in excess of the Market Value of the underlying assets attached to the loans AND their salaries and overheads are excessive, NAMA is most likely going to cost us Billions. :mad:

You know there's a recession on when the lingerie shop closes..

In my opinion, they should have carried out the sit in protest while wearing their competitors lingerie.. That would have showed them...

Given that Property prices have continued to crash since they paid for the loans AND they paid in excess of the Market Value of the underlying assets attached to the loans AND their salaries and overheads are excessive, NAMA is most likely going to cost us Billions. :mad:

The only people who'll benefit from NAMA are the solicitors and accountants who work for them. The biggest joke being that some of these solicitors are on NAMA's books and some of the accountants were involved with the compiling of final accounts for our beloved banks during the so-called boom. Only in Ireland, folks. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

[/rant]

Jesus and there was me mistaken into believing that the Public Sector pay tax too. Silly me.

• Advertisement

No Irish Sun front page on VB? I won't be able to sleep a wink tonight now, not knowing what Georgia Salpa's been up to today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement