Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

If they thought they had a problem understanding McCreevy in Brussels just wait 'till Enda lets Damien loose on them ....

His surname must be someone's idea of a joke because whatever he was talking last night it wasn't English!
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Please nothing about the economy, banks or the Euro tonight, please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Please nothing about the economy, banks or the Euro tonight, please!

Saw a promo earlier, Vinny said he's had enough of people not taking the recent crisis seriously, that Ireland NEEDS for it to be sorted and he's gonna chair the debate between the relevant parties tonight... Either way, Brian Kennedy and Paul Martin are not leaving the studio until they are friends.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I'd wonder what Browne will say about Aengus Fanning tonight. Hmm........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I'd wonder what Browne will say about Aengus Fanning tonight. Hmm........:D

Fastest obituary in history and he forgot to mention the gutter press standard of journalism at the Sunday Indo under Aengus Fanning.

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/nov2011/sunind_30oct05.jpg

Not fit to wrap chips in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

More waffle by the lefties that haven't really got a f*cking clue what they are talking about.

No answers from any of them.

This O'Donovan lad is busier now than he ever was when he was working for the IMF... The day they came in to the country he must have said "Ca chinng" to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Waste of time clicking on a link with indymedia in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

nummnutts wrote: »
    More waffle by the lefties that haven't really got a f*cking clue what they are talking about.

if he's saying that the debt is unstaintable which i think he is then it's not really waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

These EU loving die-hards remind me of those brainwashed beaten spouses on the Jeremy Kyle show. We're getting pushed around and they're too afraid to stand up to it because they don't know any better. Depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

nummnutts wrote: »

And Damiken wfrteg English had last night ?

Donal O'Donavan, the former deputy director of the IMF, has said the debt is quite fragile for Ireland. Vincent Browne is saying paying the debt is blackmail.

Who do you think is right? Donal or Vincent?

My Guess is Donal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

It certainly seems unsustainable, but we know that already. How many groups do we need to tell us we're screwed?

None of them have answers.

It's so easy to be in opposition. I think I might give it a go myself someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

it's not our government that's done this. is she for real?

Who is John Bissett, this community worker from Dublin and where did he come from?

Is he a member of a political party or what is the story?

I've never seen him before on television either RTE/TV3 in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

bluefinger wrote: »
    it's not our government that's done this. is she for real?

I'm sick and tired of FG/Lab blaming the previous Government. They've been in power for almost 12 months now. It's about feckin time that they started taking responsibility for their actions. Sometimes I wonder why we had an election in the first place.

Who do you think is right? Donal or Vincent?

I think Vincent is right.. The EU are happy with Ireland, the "best boy in the class", because we are saving the French and German banks.. When realistically we should be defaulting on a substantial amount of the private banking debt...

We are saving them from having to bail out their own banks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Vincent objects to blackmail yet he wants to blackmail the EU re the Anglo Irish (now Govt) debts.

Vincent has no idea how power works and how power can be used. Subtlety is beyond him.

Who is John Bissett, this community worker from Dublin and where did he come from?

"Community worker"

I wonder if he's related to Jacqueline Bissett??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Like his views or not, it is good to have someone else outside of that small clique (Prone, Power, Waters, etc) that dominate TV/radio panels in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Just watching this and reading today stuff like the University heads snubbing any request to cut pay. Hard to reconcile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Christ almighty, ian dempsey looks like he's been dragged in early on a monday after a weekend binge for that ad

D1stant wrote: »
    Did anyone notice what looked like text in blue ink on Damien's left hand?

I will forever wonder what it said. Something profound for sure

He was using his crayons to colour the back of his "Special K(enny) box earlier.

The Government needs to cut hell out of the 20 Billion on Department Of Social Protection... Paying for single mothers to have houses so that they dont have to live with their parents? Dole payments higher than some low paying jobs???

Yet another waste of time watching that rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The Government needs to cut hell out of the 20 Billion on Department Of Social Protection... Paying for single mothers to have houses so that they dont have to live with their parents? Dole payments higher than some low paying jobs???

Great idea, slash the dole and finish off the retail sector completely and, of course, jobs would miraculously appear overnight like mushrooms. You must really miss the PDs. :rolleyes:

We badly need something similar to the Child Support Agency here. Fathers should be financially responsible for their kids, not the State. If the father happens to be on the dole, then deduct a portion of it, and make the payment to the mother as part of her single parent allowance. If they refuse to state the name of the father, give them a vastly reduced rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Fastest obituary in history and he forgot to mention the gutter press standard of journalism at the Sunday Indo under Aengus Fanning.

When I was watching the repeat this morning, I thought it was very strange how Vincent dealt with the item on Aengus Fanning, he didn't even ask the panel to make a comment like he would usually do in these situations.

I was also wondering why the SINDO would agree to send someone to appear on the programme and then for that individual to drop out???

The SINDO is one of the few newspapers that Vincent hasn't worked for so perhaps there is some history there......

Should be a good show tonight lads...

Just listening to Vincent Browne on DriveTime there getting really stuck in to that new IMF guy earlier today.. asking him did he think it was right that they should force us to inflict severe austerity measures our own people (who had nothing to do with Anglo Irish Bank) to pay back unsecured bondholders...

Philip Boucher Hayes then followed up by querying both the IMF and ECB separately as to what their responses would be if Ireland decided to default on some of these unsecured bonds...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

I think Vincent did actually write for the Sindo, however briefly, back in the 80s, Mrs. D. It's just that, like some of us, Vinny might think it's a god-awful heap of **** that launches itself on tedious 'It's PC GONE MAD!' type panics.

You can't even say that Muslims aren't welcome here any more, or that the gays (asylum seekers/single mothers/civil servants) have an agenda. Tsk!

Oh, and there was Gwen Halley's little piece from 2005 - http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/browned-off-with-sexist-twofaced-village-mentality-474322.html - If he's sore about that I wouldn't blame him. She was a vindictive little cow, and is now wife of *gulp* Eoghan Harris.

Anyway, tonight, Vincent appears to have been let into a press conference with representatives from the IMF and European Commission to harangue them. I'm not joking. Mudder of Jaysis . . .
    gavreilly Gavan Reilly
    If you didn't watch that Troika presser, tune into #vinb tonight - himself was in flying form, as per

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement