Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2012/0119/media-3172722.html#

^^ In case you didn't want to hear more about bondholders and community projects in the North Inner City (of Dublin) and wanted to get straight to the red meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Plautus wrote: »
    Oh, and there was Gwen Halley's little piece from 2005 - http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/browned-off-with-sexist-twofaced-village-mentality-474322.html - If he's sore about that I wouldn't blame him. She was allegedly* a vindictive little cow, and is now wife of *gulp* Eoghan Harris.
    As we are talking about wives, Aengus Fanning's second wife, Anne was previously married to Eoghan Harris.

*Lets keep the lawyers happy :D

Should be a good show tonight lads...

Just listening to Vincent Browne on DriveTime there getting really stuck in to that new IMF guy earlier today.. asking him did he think it was right that they should force us to inflict severe austerity measures our own people (who had nothing to do with Anglo Irish Bank) to pay back unsecured bondholders...
    Plautus wrote: »

Vincent appears in all his glory 18 mins 14 secs into the clip... Go Vinny go :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

I listened to Vincent on Matt Coopers show and he had Brian Hayes on and Matt played the tape of Vincent and said to Hayes how do you respond to that and off Mr Hayes goes on a waffle filled rant and Matt just sat back and listened, Jasus Matt you could learn a lot from the likes of Vincent Brown.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Should be a good show tonight lads...

Just listening to Vincent Browne on DriveTime there getting really stuck in to that new IMF guy earlier today.. asking him did he think it was right that they should force us to inflict severe austerity measures our own people (who had nothing to do with Anglo Irish Bank) to pay back unsecured bondholders...

Philip Boucher Hayes then followed up by querying both the IMF and ECB separately as to what their responses would be if Ireland decided to default on some of these unsecured bonds...

I heard that on my way home too ... Vinny did his usual soapbox rant & was brushed off but PBH actually got answers. As PBH said 'more than one way to skin a cat'. Go PBH ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Thank god we have Vincent to remind these guys that the whole scam is a crock of poop.

The guy remembered Vinnie from 2 years ago :D he will be scanning the room anymore to see if the bould Vinnie is there. Or more EU like he may be banned in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Typical RTE, not showing Browne haranguing yer man in their report.

I agree, it probably had something to do with the big TV3 mic he was holding :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I agree, it probably had something to do with the big TV3 mic he was holding :D

Interesting that the RTE reporter, Sean Whelan, was sitting beside him.

Wonder if they get on, or not?

Interesting that the RTE reporter, Sean Whelan, was sitting beside him.

Wonder if they get on, or not?
    To be honest, I'd say most journalists have respect for Vinny. Who will ever forget when he asked Mr. Haughey where he got his money from, he has always been a bit brazen :D

• Advertisement

To be honest, I'd say most journalists have respect for Vinny. Who will ever forget when he asked Mr. Haughey where he got his money from, he has always been a bit brazen :D

He just happened to find it in the back garden of Kinsealy. :D

He just happened to find it in the back garden of Kinsealy. :D
    Under the Ben Dunne Money Tree :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Under the Ben Dunne Money Tree :pac:

That would have been funny if so many supposedly sane people were happy to believe it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

In fairness though, why would they? RTE have the whole thing up on their player and at the end of Vinny's haranguing he makes reference to his show so why would RTE promote a competitor? I doubt TV3 will be showcasing any questions made by other reporters on the VB show tonight.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    In fairness though, why would they? RTE have the whole thing up on their player and at the end of Vinny's haranguing he makes reference to his show so why would RTE promote a competitor? I doubt TV3 will be showcasing any questions made by other reporters on the VB show tonight.

They are the State broadcaster, and don't like 'troublemakers' like Browne. Instead, we get clueless lapdog interviewers like Miriam O'Callaghan

Remember when they cut off their coverage off just as Browne was grilling Cowen at that infamous conference, while SKY stuck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

BaZmO* wrote: »

Perhaps, but they have previous form on this. Vinny launched into a brilliantly indignant tirade against Bertie Ahern at the 2007 Fianna Fail launch for the General Election and RTE didn't cover it.

More recently they cut away from Vinny again when he asked Brian Cowen if he felt any responsibility for 'screwing up the country' at the Bailout Press Conference in 2010. Even the BBC carried that, but not RTE.

There's not promoting the competitor alright, but it's more likely to do with Vinny's abortive stint at Prime Time and his criticism of RTE's market dominance. And Vinny had a nice dig at them last night over the new universal broadcasting charge. You could even see the veins in his neck :P

Mind you, the problem with the TV3 model of broadcasting is that Vincent cuts to a 10 minute ad-break right after opening the show ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lads, I agree with ya a 100% but I'm just saying that it's hardly surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Not flippin showing on TV3 live player :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

good man Vinny,this needs to be said.I was enjoying the grilling he gave them, until it was cut.Hopefully we will get the full amount on the show tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MungBean wrote: »
    Not flippin showing on TV3 live player :mad:

Try it here http://www.aertv.ie/

• Advertisement

LOL :D He remembered Vinny, I'm not surprised, he probably has had nightmares ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

The bould Vinny.
    Some good material for Miriam Lord behind him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Go Vincent, kick some Troika ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Vinny is looking old... This is great TV though..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Go Vinny!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sock it to 'em, Vinny!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Vincent Browne one of the few who people who sticks up for his country!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What a feckin legend!! :D

Vinny is looking old... This is great TV though..
    Ah, it's just that he wasn't wearing his make-up earlier today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Go VB.
    Heard that on the radio coming home tonight - the guy's non-response spoke absolute volumes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement