Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

I thought it was refreshing in some ways. That was a complete moral capitulation up on stage there. Whereas a Brian Hayes or Damien English would have tried to bluster and bamboozle. Vinny got the last word for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The ECB guy was like a school child asking the teacher to make the bad man go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The Press Conference was great, but now we are going to have the same discussion on Bonds with the same people on The Panel yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I find is disgusting that teachers use kids, protesting out in the cold, to defend their jobs..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Avril = fail....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I find is disgusting that teachers use kids, protesting out in the cold, to defend their jobs..

Ah sure they be busy on the golf course ya know....

I thought she looked ok...................until she started speaking..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

RTE not going to rock the boat here by showing Vinny's attack on that guy.
    not after what Eamon "invisible" Gilmore is trying to do for them now!!
    €25million extra coming in every year.
    anyone know who that clown of a woman sitting at the top table with the troika was?? trying her best to shut out Vinny in case he would embarass the government.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ha. Avril the FF cretin is as dumbstruck as that ECB lad.

Not a bad days work for Vinnie. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Skid wrote: »
    The Press Conference was great, but now we are going to have the same discussion on Bonds with the same people on The Panel yet again.

Averil power.......not the worst lookin bird ive ever seen....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

LOL at Averil's face dropping at Vincent's unexpected attack.
    It's so repetitive in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

coup1917 wrote: »
    Averil power.......not the worst lookin bird ive ever seen....;)

She's up there though. Scary, scary eyes...:(

washman3 wrote: »
    RTE not going to rock the boat here by showing Vinny's attack on that guy.
    not after what Eamon "invisible" Gilmore is trying to do for them now!!
    €25million extra coming in every year.
    anyone know who that clown of a woman sitting at the top table with the troika was?? trying her best to shut out Vinny in case he would embarass the government.:mad:

She sounded Irish infact, haven't a bog who she is, she probably doesn't either :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jonny, what do you mean? In many cases the Department of Education have cut Resource Teacher positions, How is that the fault of teachers?

telekon wrote: »

And a voice to pierce glass :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Is Whelan another useless Keynesian advocate? He comes across like he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

telekon wrote: »

well i suppose she wouldnt be a politician if there wasnt something wrong....

Is Whelan another useless Keynesian advocate? He comes across like he is.

Is he losing weight or is he thinner looking because I'm looking at him in 4:3 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

shes not the worst looking
    she wouldnt make vbs top ten totty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Jonny, what do you mean? In many cases the Department of Education have cut Resource Teacher positions, How is that the fault of teachers?

Teachers got big increases during the boom... They are still well paid by international standards.. It's a job for life, and you cant get fired unless you actually kill one of the kids...

If they are not happy with the job, then do something else.... instead they cynically push the kids out holding posters that they probably dont really understand the meaning of.. They should leave the kids out of it, it's nothing to do with them..

• Advertisement

"Hey Teacher.. Leave them kids alone"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Teachers got big increases during the boom... They are still well paid by international standards.. It's a job for life, and you cant get fired unless you actually kill one of the kids...

If they are not happy with the job, then do something else.... instead they cynically push the kids out holding posters that they probably dont really understand the meaning of.. They should leave the kids out of it, it's nothing to do with them..
    Jonny, the children that are affected most by the cuts are children with special educational needs and those in disadvantaged areas, in many cases they are not being given SNAs or access to a Resource Teacher, I can't see how teachers are to blame for that. If a Resource Teacher or SNAs are not given to schools that isn't the fault of teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

It might be argued that teacher to pupil ratios, or special resource teachers, do affect the pupils in ways that are more than tangential, JonathanAnon.

If the parents consent to their children joining the protests, I don't see the problem. It's not pay increases that's the main message of these protests: is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I have never before heard Vincent trailing the Papers with a promise of a Simon Cowell story. Is he turning this into Xpose Extra?

Skid wrote: »
    I have never before heard Vincent trailing the Papers with a promise of a Simon Cowell story. Is he turning this into Xpose Extra?

Maybe he has an extra number with the ECB, lol.

It's not pay increases that's the main message of these protests: is it?

That'll be next month :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Ah good auld Vinny, he has the horn tonight :D Real glint in his eye from that interview!

Think he did a great job. We need more journalists like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Jeez that Averil Power is surely a scary cartoon phantom.Hope she disapproves of Bertie's grubby plans for our forests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

themadchef wrote: »
    Ah good auld Vinny, he has the horn tonight :D Real glint in his eye from that interview!

Think he did a great job. We need more journalists like him.

It's anything but journalism......real journalism gets answers. Vinny is just a hysterical mouthpiece for the masses I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Is that significant? LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement