Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Glenna Lynch is on later to review the papers,

I dont know Mrs D, it doesnt sit easy with me that she's been catapulted in to a job following her appearance on that Presidential debate.. The accusation about Gallagher receiving the cheque, which was untrue.. the fake twittering... and Glenna, the supposed independent, non political business woman... I'm still not 100% convinced that she's not a sleeper cell for one of the political parties..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

This is more of a review of the content of John Bowman's book, than a substantive discussion of RTE's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Is she not a plasterer ? She fairly plastered Sean Gallagher.

Interior designer? I dunno.
    Joe the plumber was the (kinda apt? :P) reference FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

irishh_bob wrote: »
    wouldnt be surprised to see her run at the next local elections , shes a labour party member , something she denied around the time of the presidential election

she,s got all the crudentials , middle class south dublin socilist and all
    Wow :eek: She denied being a member of any political party everytime she was asked (prior to the presidential election).

I dont know Mrs D, it doesnt sit easy with me that she's been catapulted in to a job following her appearance on that Presidential debate.. The accusation about Gallagher receiving the cheque, which was untrue.. the fake twittering... and Glenna, the supposed independent, non political business woman... I'm still not 100% convinced that she's not a sleeper cell for one of the political parties..
    Something doesn't add up alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,887 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

wouldnt be surprised to see her run at the next local elections , shes a labour party member , something she denied around the time of the presidential election

She denied that on the Pat Kenny radio show. Can you prove that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

shes a labour party member and has been for a long time , not only is she a natural public speaker , she has labour party written all over her

That is correct, she also denied it when she was asked by Vinny too.

yeah , i have a page in tommorrows indo and times

shes a labour party member and has been for a long time , not only is she a natural public speaker , she has labour party written all over her
    Have you a link???

• Advertisement

There has been no evidence in the Media that is now, or has been in the past, a member of Labour or any other party.

You can't just say 'she has labour party written all over her'

vinny about to suggest that rte is right wing , i guess when your as far left as vinny , even rte appears to the east

Sorry Bob, you're gonna have to back that up... It would certainly make sense, but she VEHEMENTLY denied that she was a member of any party as she drove the last few nails in to Sean Gallagher's campaign on Pat Kenny's morning show (the day after the Presidential debate).

Skid wrote: »
    There has been no evidence in the Media that is now, or has been in the past, a member of Labour or any other party.

You can't just say 'she has labour party written all over her'

ive said it once , il say it again , she smacks of labour , middle class socilist speak

ive said it once , il say it again , she smacks of labour , middle class socilist speak
    Bob, the game is up, you're bullsh1tting...

Sexism is less of a problem than nepotism in RTE...

Sexism is less of a problem than nepotism in RTE...

rte is a centre left outfit , its alot of things but biased against women , nonsense , i know vinny isnt a liar so he must be deluded

Vincent is talking b*ll*x... The BEST person should be on the panel, not a woman just for the sake of having a woman... Bowman is right, that is just tokenism.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,887 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Seems pretty clear from reading the above that you said she WAS a Labour Party member. Now you say you believe she is.

The brawl between Dromid and Derrytresk players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

rte is a centre left outfit , its alot of things but biased against women , nonsense , i know vinny isnt a liar so he must be deluded

I think Vinnie has it in for RTE ever since they dropped his nightly radio programme. It seems to happen with everybody who leaves RTE for commercial TV/radio. They always seem to have a grudge.

I think Vinnie has it in for RTE ever since they dropped his nightly radio programme. It seems to happen with everybody who leaves RTE for commercial TV/radio. They always seem to have a grudge.

might explain his off the wall irrational charge that rte are right wing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Can you blame him and others? That Late Debate that replaced it is mediocre current affairs personified.

The "On The Ball" program.. irony much..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

vinny listens to off the ball, just like joe duffy then!

Seems pretty clear from reading the above that you said she WAS a Labour Party member. Now you say you believe she is.

having just listened to her clearly disaproving tones about reforming social wellfare , im more convinced than ever about her politics , wouldnt be surprised to see her heading one of those well paid poverty industry QUANGO,s sometime soon , the kind middle class socilists are drawn to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

How come that big titted bitch is still on, is got on Pat Kenny now she is never off VB, i would give her one though

vinny listens to off the ball, just like joe duffy then!

I bet the 'Off The Ball' Lads will pick up on that tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Can you blame him and others? That Late Debate that replaced it is mediocre current affairs personified.

I have to say, I gave up listening to VB's radio programme because I was getting fed up with the endless tribunal re-enactments. I didn't mind the odd one now and again when Gogarty et al took the stand but by the end, it was just plain boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Skid wrote: »
    I bet the 'Off The Ball' Lads will pick up on that tomorrow!

the jingle is probably made already!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement