Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

i'm attacking her hypocrisy. she trots out those usual populist soundbites about the vulnerable taxpayers, who need protection from the likes of her political party. As if she has ever been in the position of holding down a normal job :) it calls into question what insight she actually has about taxpayers, or job creation for that matter.

But you're not even sure about her employment past? This is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

i'm attacking her hypocrisy. she trots out those usual populist soundbites about the vulnerable taxpayers, who need protection from the likes of her political party. As if she has ever been in the position of holding down a normal job :) it calls into question what insight she actually has about taxpayers, or job creation for that matter.

If she was a shop steward in Aer Lingus then she must have worked there. Why would you assume she didnt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

But you're not even sure about her employment past? This is laughable.

that's why i asked the question, which has yet to be answered despite your furious googling i'm sure. So... i can only assume she has no job history unless you can provide such information which i've asked for about five posts back. Ever get the feeling you're going round in circles? What did she do in Aer Lingus?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

that's why i asked the question, which has yet to be answered despite your furious googling i'm sure. So... i can only assume she has no job history unless you can provide such information which i've asked for about five posts back. Ever get the feeling you're going round in circles? What did she do in Aer Lingus?

Without getting a definite answer on her employment past, you then attacked her.

I checked nothing - I don't understand why you got personal with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Without getting a definite answer on her employment past, you then attacked her.

I checked nothing - I don't understand why you got personal with her.

if you don't understand why i took exception to her, then go back and read my post again http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76731835&postcount=3330

if it's a personal attack for calling someone a hypocrit, then i can live with that. My definition of a personal attack would be to just call her bet down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

This is painful.

You know she was a shop steward at Aer Lingus. Why assume she never worked there ? Whats it matter what she was when you know she was employed there and represented her colleagues as a shop steward ?

You have called her a hypocrite and claimed she is removed from and has nothing in common with the taxpayers. Despite not knowing anything much about her job history and the little scrap you have pointing to her being a tax paying employee of Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Can anyone explain to me why it is that Vincent gives certain government front benchers such a hard time over others. You would understand if a fella like Mattie McGrath was in cabinet, hes the kind of gombeen that VB would love to kick lumps out of. But why is it when someone like Coveney comes on and tries to explain himself in a measured way, he gets harassed for the whole show. But when Varadkar was on the previous week, he can just explain away the bondholder payout as if its small beer and all Vincent does is listen attentively!

Is it a Dublin TD v Culchie TD thing or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Agricola wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why it is that Vincent gives certain government front benchers such a hard time over others. You would understand if a fella like Mattie McGrath was in cabinet, hes the kind of gombeen that VB would love to kick lumps out of. But why is it when someone like Coveney comes on and tries to explain himself in a measured way, he gets harassed for the whole show. But when Varadkar was on the previous week, he can just explain away the bondholder payout as if its small beer and all Vincent does is listen attentively!

Is it a Dublin TD v Culchie TD thing or something!
    PMT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Right, someone get the pitchforks and I'll light the torches...
    Rabble,rabble
    wait, why do you get to light the torches??

(Art, who likes a rumble before the rumble (pre-rumblite))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Christ, Vinny has finally got the hang of the autocue.. Oh wait..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Alan Cantwell thinks it's Paddy's Day, look at his tie :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

A show on the mind of Enda Kenny..............:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Inda looking very suave at Davos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Delving into Enda's political thought's tonight.:pac:

Enda certainly made a mistake today by not saying that SOME people got greedy, and SOME people were at fault... It's been pointed out all day how his statements today are completely at odds with what he said to people here a few months back..

But Vincent has no objectivity on this matter or anything to do with Enda Kenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

A show on the mind of Enda Kenny..............:eek:

angela-merkel.jpg

Must please Angela, must make Angela happy, Angela knows best ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I knew it. An hour long rant about an 'out of context' statement by Enda.

This is gonna be a waste of one hour of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

nummnutts wrote: »

He could have discussed the new insolvency legislation coming in as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Is this an advert for the Counts Financial Services? He is starting to turn into the Irish version of the Meerkat.

I'll tell you a fact about Switzerland.

Women only got the vote there in 1971 :eek:

• Advertisement

This programme is turning into the Dragons Den :mad:

So Constantin is another economist going to be gamekeeper turned poacher...

No mention of the lack of financial regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,893 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

BANG !!! What was that ? Enda shooting himself in the foot again. " let me say to you all,you are not responsible" in his pre-budget speech but now "it is your fault because you were greedy". Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is our Enda.
    Poor auld Cowan just got drunk and sang while Rome burned but Enda keeps shooting himself in the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

So Constantin is another economist going to be gamekeeper turned poacher...

He's a German plant! We have been set up all along...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

BANG !!! What was that ? Enda shooting himself in the foot again. " let me say to you all,you are not responsible" in his pre-budget speech but now "it is your fault because you were greedy". Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is our Enda.
    Poor auld Cowan just got drunk and sang while Rome burned but Enda keeps shooting himself in the foot.

I don't believe he was necessarily talking about the average 'man on the street'. George Hook made a good point earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Suppose the five PM's in Davos including Enda includes those from the Periphery countries.

EDIT* I know I'm wrong, Angela is there, Cameron is there, the Danish PM and the Finnish PM is there too.

The French and German leaders say that the public needs to go through the austerity measures, we have definitely heard that in Ireland before some time ago. We got the message of ten years
    (or less) of more austerity, so it's no surprise there.

P.S. Why is there a picture of a woman with Vincent on the Indo front page?

Could they do the Paper review early so I can go to bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Did Fionnan get his ears lowered or sumfink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,893 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't believe he was necessarily talking about the average 'man on the street'. George Hook made a good point earlier.

Ah George Hook ??? Is he the rugby guy ?
    I'm afraid I listened to all of Enda's speech and I don't think the people are "mad" at all. Angry maybe but mad, no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement