Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,902 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well like Leo Varadkar said with Marion yesterday... Referenda usually just become an opportunity to kick the Government and the issue gets lost...

Sorry what issue, I was looking at Karen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Well like Leo Varadkar said with Marion yesterday... Referenda usually just become an opportunity to kick the Government and the issue gets lost...

Was there not something about septic tanks in that quote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ah this one from Germany gives me a pain in my goo... wayyy too much smiling

Is she related to the one off top gear who drove the van around the nurburbgring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Enda will do his best to avoid a referendum. He's scared of looking bad going back to Angela with his tail between his legs.

This isn't Enda's decision, he's merely a representative at this level as it's beyond his remit. The Attorney General will have the final call in deeming this Treaty as either in compliance with the constitution or requiring rattification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Jess16 wrote: »
    If this policy doesn't warrant a referendum, then I think serious questions need to be asked regarding our constitution and how it serves to safeguard sovereignty

Hopefully someone will take a case (and win it) and force a Referendum on this.

If nothing else it will give us a small bit of bargaining power on the Anglo Promissory Note. For the last time ever.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is Vincent drunk?

Usually.

This isn't Enda's decision, he's merely a representative at this level as it's beyond his remit. The Attorney General will have the final call in deeming this Treaty as either in compliance with the constitution or requiring rattification.

And who keeps an eye on that lad to see that he's not got at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

nudger wrote: »
    Is she related to the one off top gear who drove the van around the nurburbgring.

Sabine Schmitz's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Dan O'Brien is kicking Vinny's ass tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I think the Supreme Court would have the final decision, although Lionel Hutz would know more than I do about the Courts.

• Advertisement

ambid wrote: »
    Dan O'Brien is kicking Vinny's ass tonight.

He needs a kick in the nuts 'cos he isn't giving Karen a chance to talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I like that German woman :D Its funny when she says. "You know the way" before anything she says.

Skid wrote: »

If nothing else it will give us a small bit of bargaining power on the Anglo Promissory Note. For the last time ever.

Only problem is that a large section of the Irish people never read up about the reasons behind a referendum and vote no if in doubt or they depend on what the man in the pub says or The Star. If it can't be explained in a Twitter message these days people switch off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Wote.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Karen is like a young Tracy Austin. Grrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think the Supreme Court would have the final decision, although Lionel Hutz would know more than I do about the Courts.

I'm sure some Trinity academic will take a case all the way to the Supreme Court, will probably lose it (but gain lots of attention for themselves), and the judges will decide that the case was taken in the interest of the common good so the taxpayers should foot the bill...

that's the way these things usually work..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

He needs a kick in the nuts 'cos he isn't giving Karen a chance to talk.

Ah ha Tayto lover - you got beer :P:P

woodoo wrote: »
    I like that German woman :D Its funny when she says. "You know the way" before anything she says.

She would wote "yes" in the referendum anyway.

Only problem is that a large section of the Irish people never read up about the reasons behind a referendum and vote no if in doubt or they depend on what the man in the pub says or The Star. If it can't be explained in a Twitter message these days people switch off.

sorry, couldnt read all of this, I switched off after 128 characters..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Last week it was the US and A. This week it's Dubai. Dempsey must be coining it in with these ads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

Unfortunately it'll give us no bargaining power as the Germans will happily proceed without us. It's our problem now not the EU's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

The Attorney General is basically the government's chief legal adviser and bound by Bunreacht na hÉireann. It would be highly unlikely and possibly unprecedented for an Attorney General to act unlawfully, though if she did (Máire Whelan is the current AG) commit an unconstitutional act that would be then regarded a criminal offence and be referred to the DPP, who acts independently to both the government and the office of the Attorney General.

EDIT: And ultimately end up in the Supreme Court, as Skid said

Enda should have ducked and hit him with a straight right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I don't like to stereotype a whole nation but those German newspapers look exactly the way I'd expect them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

German on TV3 either its a takeover or TV3 werden immer mehr von einem öffentlich-rechtlichen Rundfunkanstalt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

That's the most animated i've ever seen Danno.

Enda should have ducked and hit him with a straight right.

More likely drown Nick with drool.

Ends thinks he is a cute hoor but he is just a plank.

• Advertisement

I googled to try and find that picture of Enda Kenny and this was all I could find:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Rdea65-9m9ohA3yQfKUmWCCVVzef5y-AfC71rj9C_-79aIDjCvhHrVVlPw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement