Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ends thinks he is a cute hoor but he is just a plank.

Bonjour mon petit chiot, oui vous êtes un bon Premier ministre, permet désormais de voir le taux d'intérêt, oui Google translate n'a pas me faire justice!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It says

Hello my little puppy, yes you are a good prime minister, now lets see the interest rate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭squonk

The show last night was a complete shambles. One of the worst I've ever seen (and that's saying something). Vinny didn't let Karen Devine finish her points, which were informative. Frau Tipp was was also making a few good points which he didn't elaborate on and Dan O'Brien was sort of just there. Frankly Vinny just seemed to stop short of dong the Basil Fawlty goose step. The notion that the passage regarding further funding being dependant on us passing the current treaty being a lie was all Vinny kept reiterating and the notion that our lot got it put in there to scare the electorate seemed a bit far fetched if the document is legally binding. If true it'd be troubling in that it would demonstrate that the government was acting for the benefit of outside influences above it's own people. That may be the perception but if it was proven to be true then there would be some very serious consequences. I think someone should have tackled Vinny on that point. It's one thing being anti-FG, we're all entitled to hate parites for various reasons, but to accuse a government of setting out with a plan to intentionally mislead it's electorate at the level of an international treaty seems a bit OTT imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

squonk wrote: »
    The show last night was a complete shambles. One of the worst I've ever seen (and that's saying something). Vinny didn't let Karen Devine finish her points, which were informative. Frau Tipp was was also making a few good points which he didn't elaborate on and Dan O'Brien was sort of just there. Frankly Vinny just seemed to stop short of dong the Basil Fawlty goose step. The notion that the passage regarding further funding being dependant on us passing the current treaty being a lie was all Vinny kept reiterating and the notion that our lot got it put in there to scare the electorate seemed a bit far fetched if the document is legally binding. If true it'd be troubling in that it would demonstrate that the government was acting for the benefit of outside influences above it's own people. That may be the perception but if it was proven to be true then there would be some very serious consequences. I think someone should have tackled Vinny on that point. It's one thing being anti-FG, we're all entitled to hate parites for various reasons, but to accuse a government of setting out with a plan to intentionally mislead it's electorate at the level of an international treaty seems a bit OTT imho.

i often have visions of vinny being asked by his fish monger as to whether he wants cod or haddock , Q , a big long winded speech by browne about how everything is a big capitalist conspirocy , to which the monger replies, whats that got to do with the price of fish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,902 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

squonk wrote: »

I am always impressed with Karen's "points".

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Vincent's a legend...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

So Enda was having a bit of crack with Sarkozy.

Big deal. Gerry Adams and Joe Higgins must have little else to be bothered about at the moment.

And Vincent - less of the Joe Duffyesque sighing in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm getting a bit tired of Vincent smarmy, jocose attitude to everything about Enda Kenny. Gerry Adams was just disrespectful today, and should be made apologise...

Sarkozy was a smart little boll1x, I'm sure he knew that the physical interaction between then would cause hassle for Enda Kenny... I mean it was him that initiated the gesture, Enda didnt approach him with open arms..

Mick Wallace captured my feelings every time I hear Joe starting to speak...

wallacedail.jpg

He completely misquoted Leo Varadkar, who made a reasonable point on Sunday about how referenda are always just an opportunity to kick the Government, and are never really about the issue that is being voted on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I'm getting a bit tired of Vincent smarmy, jocose attitude to everything about Enda Kenny. Gerry Adams was just disrespectful today, and should be made apologise...

Vincent is coming across as quite petty with his Enda Kenny thing alright.

Sarkozy was a smart little boll1x, I'm sure he knew that the physical interaction between then would cause hassle for Enda Kenny... I mean it was him that initiated the gesture, Enda didnt approach him with open arms..

No Enda was doing his little lapdog act. Its time he grew a pair and starts doing what he is supposed to be doing over there ... getting us a better deal.
    Its actually getting a bit embarrassing watching him suck up and being treated like a novelty act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Mick Wallace captured my feelings every time I hear Joe starting to speak...

wallacedail.jpg

Seriously though what is Wallace up to there.
    Surely Joan Collins doesn't smell that bad.
    Or is he just after getting more bad news about his properties.

adams was just plain rude today , calling the leader of the country an eejit , despite his past , he is usually respectfull in how he engages in discourse

Or is he just after getting more bad news about his properties.

The phone rang and the screen read "ACC"

irishh_bob wrote: »
    adams was just plain rude today , calling the leader of the country an eejit , despite his past , he is usually respectfull in how he engages in discourse

I don't care much for Adams but when we acted like Enda and Nick in school we were told to stop acting the eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

I wish Vincent would let the man talk, way over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

In fairness he said what the vast majority of Irish people no doubt thought when seeing those pics of Enda.

Its bad enough we are the laughing stock of Europe without having a dancing clown for a leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Yeah but does anyone really care what Adams says nowadays. I heard him speaking in Irish today, does he do that a lot? What's the point of that.

I don't care much for Adams but when we acted like Enda and Nick in school we were told to stop acting the eejit.

you dont think the leader of your country should be spoken to a little bit better than a student in school by a surly headmaster

• Advertisement

MungBean wrote: »
    In fairness he said what the vast majority of Irish people no doubt thought when seeing those pics of Enda.

Its bad enough we are the laughing stock of Europe without having a dancing clown for a leader.

who says we are the laughing stock of europe ?

you dont think the leader of your country should be spoken to a little bit better than a student in school by a surly headmaster

You not think the leader of your country should act a bit better than a student down the back of the class ?

If he didnt act like an eejit he wouldnt be called an eejit.

I expect the leader of the country to behave in a way that he does not draw unwarranted attention on himself.

MungBean wrote: »

I agree that the pictures of Kenny looked really bad, but it reminded me of when Paisley was walking down the Garvaghy Road in triumph, when David Trimble grabbed him by the hand (thus claiming some of the glory and prominence for himself) and marching on. Same as Enda Kenny, he probably wanted to punch the man in the head, but it would have been inappropriate.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

75% of the population want a referendum - enough said.

who says we are the laughing stock of europe ?

Enda Kenny.

I expect the leader of the country to behave in a way that he does not draw unwarranted attention on himself.

wasnt a flattering photo but worse stills have been shown of politicans down the years , president bush ( the first one ) once puked in the japaneese prime ministers lap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Lasers. Is there *anything* they can't do!

I agree that the pictures of Kenny looked really bad, but it reminded me of when Paisley was walking down the Garvaghy Road in triumph, when David Trimble grabbed him by the hand (thus claiming some of the glory and prominence for himself) and marching on. Same as Enda Kenny, he probably wanted to punch the man in the head, but it would have been inappropriate.. :)

pretty poor analogy , that footage of trimble and paisley dancing down the garvaghy road , plays well with unionists voters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

75% of the population want a referendum - enough said.

Will 75% even vote? I highly doubt it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement