Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

woodoo wrote: »
    That has to be a piss take. The big bold writing is all most people will see. :D

Yeah that's from a few elections back, 2007 or 2002 I think... And ye in other constituencies think ye have single issue candidates... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

:(

No Lucinda meltdown to ameliorate the misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Communion Grants??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

This show is like the Dail. You never get answers to interesting questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

I wasn't aware there was a flippin communion grant! We are doomed as a people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Skid wrote: »
    It's a real one alright, sure you couldn't make it up (or you would be sued)

Surprisingly, he didn't get elected.

Very Brass Eye alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Yeah I thought we lived in a republic, ya know no preference to one religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Just watching Mickey Martin barking at the government on Oireachtas Report.
    He's got a cheek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

DEVEREUX wrote: »
    I wasn't aware there was a flippin communion grant! We are doomed as a people.

Yeah what the hell is that about? Over to After Hours DEVEREUX and start a thread on it :D we need to open a can of whop ass on that.

Yeah I thought we lived in a republic, ya know no preference to one religion.

Not even that, so much. My nephew made his Communion last year and they all wore robes given to them by the school so that it wouldn't turn into a fashion show. I wonder how much of the "Communion Grant" goes into the pub tills afterwards??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sardonicat wrote: »
    :(

20120202-r8qqkf5r2mdgyn99t79cg7aqky.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Not even that, so much. My nephew made his Communion last year and they all wore robes given to them by the school so that it wouldn't turn into a fashion show. I wonder how much of the "Communion Grant" goes into the pub tills afterwards??

I don't think schools should have anything to do with communions, let the parents do all the religious stuff with them if they want to.

But I know I'm in a minority on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Just looking at that clip from the Dáil, I can't see Peter Mathews staying in Fine Gael much longer.

He seems to be approaching the point at which forbearance ceases to be a virtue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

George Lee part 2 ? I dont know why PM joined them or any party anyway.He will just be tainted.But somehow I doubt he will leave them though.Lucinda was defending the indefensible with all that guff coming out of her."The unemployment figures are coming down though", yes they are love :rolleyes:, because the people are running out of the place, and not because of anything you or your poxy Government are doing:mad:

Skid wrote: »
    Just looking at that clip from the Dáil, I can't see Peter Mathews staying in Fine Gael much longer.

He seems to be approaching the point at which forbearance ceases to be a virtue.

I was listening to Liveline today and I heard a caller who described our political representatives as a bunch of morons; which some cynics might say represents the populist opinion of your average Liveline caller, but I reckon this caller might have a very good point if you look at the fact that most of our TD's are nothing more than career politicians - very good at pressing the flesh and getting the medical card pushed through here and there etc. but when it comes to the pure ecomonics of this country they haven't a fecking bull's notion.

We all know that George Lee was muscled out of Fine Gael because of petty jealousies of other party members, and we also know that Richard Bruton (the most obvious and qualified candidate for Minister for Finance after the last election) was denied the post because he launched a failed leadership challenge against Edna. So, what does Dame Edna do, but appoint an ex-schoolteacher Michael Noonan as our Minister for Finance; a heartless bastard who threatened to take the family of Bridget McCole to the Supreme Court, all because they wanted answers into why that poor woman contracted Hepatitis C as a result of infected blood products.

Peter Mathews was also the subject of a put-down by Noonan last year when Noonan made a disparaging remark about Mathews's practical ideas about alleviating our debt crisis. It's quite obvious that Peter Mathews is going to suffer the exact same fate as George Lee, a man who's bursting with worthwhile ideas but finds himself stymied at every turn by jobsworths and jealous pricks in Fine Gael who resent the fact that this man, who has obvious expertise, didn't have to do the rubber chicken circuit that most of those career politician morons had to do. This is why we're in this mess folks; it's because at least 90% of our TD's in the Dail are winging it on pure and unadulterated bullshyte, and relying on their so-called charm that they use to get themselves re-elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Millions of jobs for Irish people - I feel safe in her hands.

http://twitpic.com/8ejayq

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i think it's getting to matthews too.

if he does chuck the towel in i hope he doesnt do a george lee and resighns but crosses the floor instead and hooks up with donnolly.

they'd be the only blokes in the dail who know WTF is going on and can explain it.

lucy couldntve dug a bigger hole for herself last night if she had an excavator.

mother of god SHE'S minister for europe and batting for us out there ?

someone better frisk her everytime she goes to make sure she hasnt got the deeds of the country !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,902 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

i think it's getting to matthews too.

if he does chuck the towel in i hope he doesnt do a george lee and resighns but crosses the floor instead and hooks up with donnolly.

they'd be the only blokes in the dail who know WTF is going on and can explain it.

lucy couldntve dug a bigger hole for herself last night if she had an excavator.

mother of god SHE'S minister for europe and batting for us out there ?

someone better frisk her everytime she goes to make sure she hasnt got the deeds of the country !

Lucinda knew very little about what Enda policies are or even what he says in the Dail. The party seem to be splitting just like FF did at the time the Troika first appeared about the bailout. There are those in the know and those left outside I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 oxymoronist

I was listening to Liveline today and I heard a caller who described our political representatives as a bunch of morons; which some cynics might say represents the populist opinion of your average Liveline caller, but I reckon this caller might have a very good point if you look at the fact that most of our TD's are nothing more than career politicians - very good at pressing the flesh and getting the medical card pushed through here and there etc. but when it comes to the pure ecomonics of this country they haven't a fecking bull's notion.

We all know that George Lee was muscled out of Fine Gael because of petty jealousies of other party members, and we also know that Richard Bruton (the most obvious and qualified candidate for Minister for Finance after the last election) was denied the post because he launched a failed leadership challenge against Edna. So, what does Dame Edna do, but appoint an ex-schoolteacher Michael Noonan as our Minister for Finance; a heartless bastard who threatened to take the family of Bridget McCole to the Supreme Court, all because they wanted answers into why that poor woman contracted Hepatitis C as a result of infected blood products.

Peter Mathews was also the subject of a put-down by Noonan last year when Noonan made a disparaging remark about Mathews's practical ideas about alleviating our debt crisis. It's quite obvious that Peter Mathews is going to suffer the exact same fate as George Lee, a man who's bursting with worthwhile ideas but finds himself stymied at every turn by jobsworths and jealous pricks in Fine Gael who resent the fact that this man, who has obvious expertise, didn't have to do the rubber chicken circuit that most of those career politician morons had to do. This is why we're in this mess folks; it's because at least 90% of our TD's in the Dail are winging it on pure and unadulterated bullshyte, and relying on their so-called charm that they use to get themselves re-elected.

Oh dear, you make yourself sound like some man holding forth in a public house somewhere.

We are in the mess we are in because we are badly led by politicians that we vote into power. Our politicians capitulated to the EU and turned the private debt of the banks into the public debt to be shouldered by us all individually, so that the largely continental banks would not lose out. Shame on our politicians for agreeing to that. Add to that the bloated public sector and the huge waste, and thats why ireland is the most indebteded country in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The programme is about NAMA if anyone is watching it tonight.

• Advertisement

Anybody want to hazard a guess at which side of the Communion Dress Allowance debate Vincent will be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I love when Peter Mathews is on the show :)

ah I hope he's not gonna spend the night trying to get a rise out of Peter Matthews... for fk sake...

fk sake, even the Ceann Comhairle didnt bother showing up..

Oh Vincent is hitting at Peter Matthews over his so-called 'wobbly'.

His time is running out in FG as we all know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

He's already started:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Certainly a snazzy dresser is Mr Matthews. I thought it was Eamon Gilmore dressed as a pimp there for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,902 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I love when Peter Mathews is on the show :)

He seems a decent enough sort of person. You would wonder why he got involved in politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I think he says an awful lot about nothing, like Pat Kenny, say

• Advertisement

I heard somewhere that he is an accountant. Does anyone know where he works?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement