Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Very amateurish to have someone on the panel chewing gum & very distracting the 'pass the bottle' game Vincent was playing. What next mobile phones being answered by panelists?

Could they not fill the bloody mugs before the show starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Greek crisis again tonight.
    Mention of Euro Bonds on the news tonight was interesting.

Edit: Your man on VB has just said these aren't real Euro Bonds. D'oh, OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Did this guy voice the audiobook "Dracula moves to Greece" ?

If one of the French or German banks (that our banks owe money to) fails, does that not mean we dont have to pay them back (i.e. on behalf of the our banks)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

The ECB needs to stop sabotaging itself and completely overhaul its repayment policies before it results in the total annihilation of the common currency and the countries using it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

If one of the French or German banks (that our banks owe money to) fails, does that not mean we dont have to pay them back (i.e. on behalf of the our banks)

no, someone will always buy the debt.

Whether it's a liquidation sale event, or a Debt/Equity swap or whatever, the outstanding loan is an asset, and will always be picked up another entity.

Dracula guy is totally right, the impact of all of this debt could be lessened with restructuring but Mrs Merkel just enjoys controlling the political purse strings too much

lol .. at the count interrupting Peter Browne..

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

The Count Mk II is a bit of a grim b*stard...

The upcoming crises will "Liquidate the hopes of everyone in the Eurozone"

:eek:

mossyc123 wrote: »
    The Count Mk II is a bit of a grim b*stard...

The upcoming crises will "Liquidate the hopes of everyone in the Eurozone"

:eek:

He's telling it like it is -would you rather he lied?

I like him -who is he? :)

• Advertisement

This guy makes Constantin look like a pussycat.

Good discussion tonight, I thought.

Mainly Peter Browne and the Greek Count.

Pearse Doherty was unusually quiet, I think he realised the others knew more about the topic than he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

roddy collins? :eek:

is my internet streaming going messy???

*enter stage left... eh ... Roddy Collins!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Skid wrote: »
    Pearse Doherty was unusually quiet, I think he realised the others knew more about the topic than he did.

They could have battered him with jargon if he piped up. So he kept his mouth shut.

That new man was a grim fecker.

roddy collins? :eek:

is my internet streaming going messy???

LOL.
    Discussion getting more and more involving.
    Then... eh... Roddy Collins

Jess16 wrote: »
    He's telling it like it is -would you rather he lied?

I like him -who is he? :)

No such thing in the world of Economic prediction.

Just another interpretation.

Some Greek fella I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jesus that was so good i didnt even get a chance to post !

:)

unusual to see peter browne thrown by someone but that greek lad knew his stuff (former adviser to the greek prime minister IIRC, he's been on sky news's business show earlier on in the week talking about how whats going on could fup up the entire banking system of europe) .

i cant belive browne hasnt heard the idea that germany might leave the euro.

it buggering off with holland finland and a few others is actuall leagally possible within the treaties.

unlike eurobonds which barroso was banging on about tonight on the news which would face a rake of referendums, none of which would probably pass and only needs one to fail to scupper the whole plan.

ssshhhh.... The Rod speaks!!!

Edit: Jesus, he did well... got a lot out in 60 seconds!

VB always seems too short or something- always rushing to get the stuff in at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jaysus just as well shamrock rovers is just down the road from TV3 !

The lad was bearly there before the show ended.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Why is The Sun so obsessed with Sinead O'Connor? Surely most people couldn't give a flying fcuk about her? Most of their headlines over the past week or two on Vinnie Browne's show have involved "Sinead going to Lisdoonvarna", "Sinead wanting a man", "Sinead fancying Ryan Tubridy" etc.etc. She's as mad as a box of frogs and I don't think too many people out there give a toss. I certainly don't. It staggers me that The Sun think that people will buy their rag because there's a (non)story about her on the front page. :rolleyes:

Vinny is a brave man treating Roddy Collins like dirt.

He introduced him, then went to a break.
    Then he was drooling over the Greek Count for ages, then a minute before the end Vinny goes 'Oh yeah, very quickly, The Papers, Roddy' lilke he had forgotten about him

If he is going to get someone in to do the papers, he could at least give them a decent bit of time.

They also failed to plug TV3's coverage of the Shamrock Rovers Europa League game - Schoolboy Error !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

LOL.
    Discussion getting more and more involving.
    Then... eh... Roddy Collins

roddy has more strings to his bow than shouting abuse at refs from the sideline , top geezer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Maybe they should have had him with the other Collins sham discussing the tinkers. That would have been interesting. BTW, that Greek count or **** was an advisor to the greek pm? doesn't that say it all about him + the fact that he was in Ireland on the invitation of Sinn Fein. Now he scares me with what he knows........Not.

Talking about suicide tonight, just to cheer everybody up after all the discussions on the economy.. Apparently, Vincent will be interviewing somebody who "survived suicide"...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jesus.. Vincent is pushing these questions a bit much. It's good to talk and all, but..

http://www.kevinhinesstory.com/
    The intro on his website is pretty cool...

He says that every one of the 33 people who jumped off the bridge and survived said they regretted doing it, AND that only 2% of them can walk now (due to the injuries resulting from jumping).. I thought this would be a no brainer?

Jesus.. Vincent is pushing these questions a bit much. It's good to talk and all, but..

I dunno.
    The frankness is refreshing.
    I'd imagine he probably went through the questions with him before he went on.

• Advertisement

When Vincent said "when was the last time you thought about killing yourself".. I was sure he was gonna say "while watching The Late Late Show last Friday night"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement