Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Who is this man?

Balok, foe of Kirk.
    Balok.jpg

i hate this Realpolitik b*llocks, typical Barrister territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Is it because is Denis is rich? ....

why am i seeing DOB saying that in an ali G voice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

.... the EU kinda-Commission..... what's that when it's at home?

What is this fella on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Jesus, live subtitles are broadcast more eloquently than this guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

treasury holdings built a city in a lake somewhere??

i'm packing my bags!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Is this a conspiracy theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That guy might want to get himself a good lawyer
    photo-31442.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I thought I heard the name Richard Barrett sounded more of the likes of Richard Boyd Barrett there for a minute. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I thought I heard the name Richard Barrett sounded more of the likes of Richard Boyd Barrett there for a minute. :D

Yeah I keep thinking that when he says it.. but I remember his face from his contribution to the Freefall program on RTE ONE..

That's him on the right..
    ccd-6060.jpg

Given that they are in NAMA, I can only assume that the guy in the middle was giving them financial advice..

minikin wrote: »
    Jesus, live subtitles are broadcast more eloquently than this guy...

At least I don't have to press 888 as I am watching it on Saorview. Just press the subtitle button on my remote control and away it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

LOTR........I'm here........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Aww :(

I feel cheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

"Fraudian" slip?
    These guys are fcuking idiots.

I hope Bertie didn't give the Nigerians his bank account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,134 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I hope Bertie didn't give the Nigerians his bank account details.

... or Ireland's bank account details.... mind you, have we anything worth stealing by this stage???

Golly, that was a fairly abrupt end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Christ, Marc Coleman is better at constructing a sentence in one go than this lad..

That guy is trying to say what Fintan O'Toole wrote in his book "Ship of Fools" about the docklands and there is a lot of sway in it...he just can't articulate it which is annoying, I wish Fintan O'Toole was there talking about it...most of the corruption that went and still goes on is very legal, but I'm not good enough at the details to talk about it, I read it in a boook... Fintan is way better at that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Has anybody gone to politico to read Vincent's words of wisdom?
    "Fraudian" slip? These guys are fcuking idiots.

I think that statement itself (in reference to Bertie) was the Freudian slip ..:D

Conor Clear is a nice change from Martin King IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I think that statement itself (in reference to Bertie) was the Freudian slip ..:D

Yes i initially suspected this but then i thought Timmy Dooley couldn't possibly be that clever, could he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Babooshka wrote: »
    That guy is trying to say what Fintan O'Toole wrote in his book "Ship of Fools" about the docklands and there is a lot of sway in it...he just can't articulate it which is annoying, I wish Fintan O'Toole was there talking about it...most of the corruption that went and still goes on is very legal, but I'm not good enough at the details to talk about it, I read it in a boook... Fintan is way better at that stuff.

constantly amazes me that people dont cop that corruption has fup all to do with illegalities.

its about the casual abuse of power.

who gets what contract and when , who ends up on what board etc.

partnership is a pristine example of it.

look how many lads with fup all ability ended up in the central bank and the like.

all legal, but by god it set up a cozy cartel who could be relied on to move the right way when needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Where on the politico site can you see vincents response?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Where on the politico site can you see vincents response?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

constantly amazes me that people dont cop that corruption has fup all to do with illegalities.

its about the casual abuse of power.

who gets what contract and when , who ends up on what board etc.

partnership is a pristine example of it.

look how many lads with fup all ability ended up in the central bank and the like.

all legal, but by god it set up a cozy cartel who could be relied on to move the right way when needed.

I agree, but don't discussions like what just happened only serve to keep it under smoke and mirrors, VB was sitting there making him out to be a moron for suggesting it (he wasn't helping his own argument by stuttering through it and not really making the point though) , so the point was lost, it's all so muddled that the real problem is sidestepped and I thought Vincent Browne only served to promote sidestepping it favouring a pantomime for ratings instead of getting to the issue, but I do think that someone who could have got to the point better (or at all) would have delivered the message. Instead I think it went over most people's heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Better nickname: Timmy Fooley or Timmy Tooley?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was watching the repeat programme this morning and Timmy's performance was seriously embarrassing.

Here in Clare, we call him Timmy Dolittle :mad:

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I was watching the repeat programme this morning and Timmy's performance was seriously embarrassing.

Here in Clare, we call him Timmy Dolittle :mad:

Mrs D007,

Your post is off the mark, only in the sense that guys like Dooley can never be embarrassed by what they say.

Mrs D007,

Your post is off the mark, only in the sense that guys like Dooley can never be embarrassed by what they say.
    I tend to disagree, I reckon Timmy was mortified when Vinny suggested showing the clip again. Vinny must have felt sorry for him as he didn't slow the clip in the end. I really hope it ends up on You Tube though :D

Timmy has a bit of an ego and I'd say his nose was out of joint when Dara Calleary was getting lots of coverage on the day the Mahon Report was published. Dara was a wise man to leave "Tonight with Vincent Browne" to Timmy :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I tend to disagree, I reckon Timmy was mortified when Vinny suggested showing the clip again. Vinny must have felt sorry for him as he didn't slow the clip in the end. I really hope it ends up on You Tube though :D

Timmy has a bit of an ego and I'd say his nose was out of joint when Dara Calleary was getting lots of coverage on the day the Mahon Report was published. Dara was a wise man to leave "Tonight to Vincent Browne" to Timmy :D

Let them have their ego battles. It is entertaining for us, at least. Won't be voting for them in the future - like I didn't in the past - that's for sure.

• Advertisement

I just searched You Tube for a Timmy clip and I only found one, it's really bad quality but I'm sure better quality clips will materialise in the coming days :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement