Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

God that shinner is one smug git.. spinning round on the wheely chair with his hands in his pockets , smiling like the cat that got the gelignite cream..

Even by SF standards he is an odious g1t. Why does he keep on smiling?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

COYW wrote: »

Because Sinn Fein members couldn't give a toss about the people that were killed by the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Noel Whelan loves the sound of his own voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Lot of praise for Ian Paisley

Likeable
    Anti Church
    Held Office
    Can work with anyone

Shame the Nominations deadline has passed, he almost sounds like the man for the job :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Because Sinn Fein members couldn't give a toss about the people that were killed by the IRA.

Of course, as a decent human being, I keep forgetting that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

While you're down there Mary.. ;)

That's yesterday's paper ffs..

Wow, serious pressure on Norris ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

COYW wrote: »
    maybe he has a gun in his pocket? (course, he could just be glad to see Vincent...)

He just avoided the questions...VB is a former Northern correspondent in the 1970s and knows a lot about the North.
    (though acted rather than real)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Why on earth isn't Dana's eligibility being scrutinised? This woman has a bigger neck than the rest of the candidates put together and as far as I can see, has absolutely nothing to offer in terms of being a credible president

• Advertisement

Jess16 wrote: »
    Why on earth isn't Dana's eligibility being scrutinised? This woman has a bigger neck than the rest of the candidates put together and as far as I can see, has absolutely nothing to offer in terms of being a credible president
    I assume cos she's being dismissed. a horrendous creature.

Why are the panel also afraid to bring up Mary Davis' numerous board appointments?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

That's yesterday's paper ffs..

Wow, serious pressure on Norris ...

And about bloody time too.

He has gotten away far too lightly up until now.

Maybe the media, as a whole, will grow a pair and report on this the way it should have been reported on. They've been too afraid of the possibility of being seen as homophobic, had they criticised him.

She's not being taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Is Vincent doing his own Presidential debate?
    Wouldn't mind seeing him trying to making sense of the Norris letters issue.

Is Vincent doing his own Presidential debate?
    Wouldn't mind seeing him trying to making sense of the Norris letters issue.
    next tue or wed. tue i think

nummnutts wrote: »
    And about bloody time too.

He has gotten away far too lightly up until now.

Maybe the media, as a whole, will grow a pair and report on this the way it should have been reported on. They've been too afraid of the possibility of being seen as homophobic, had they criticised him.

The media has been fixated on the Norris issue, they've talked about nothing else in the last two months!

I don't think people will be happy until Norris goes into exile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

ArtSmart wrote: »
    I assume cos she's being dismissed. a horrendous creature.
    She's not being taken seriously.

I suspected as much but part of me still wants her to be exposed by the media as the complete chancer she is

noel-whelan-poster.jpg

I find his air of authority very off putting as well... I mean can we completely forget that he ran for FF?

noel-whelan-poster.jpg

I find his air of authority very off putting as well... I mean can we completely forget that he ran for FF?

I remember him arriving on my family's doorstep in 1997, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Always get the feeling he loves enunciating whatever he has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

The media has been fixated on the Norris issue, they've talked about nothing else in the last two months!

I don't think people will be happy until Norris goes into exile.

It died down when he withdrew, and only started again when he considered re-entering the race - though it was still fairly soft touch criticism.

noel-whelan-poster.jpg

no FF lover here, but he did speak with sense. strange for a FFer

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

The issue of clemency letters for a statutory rape case and membership of the IRA aren't on her CV.

Perhaps you could enlighted us to something from her past that sells papers/fills airtime that the established media have missed out on?!

mossyc123 wrote: »
    The issue of clemency letters for a statutory rape case and membership of the IRA aren't on her CV.

Perhaps you could enlighted us to something from her past that sells papers/fills airtime that the established media have missed out on?!
    any clip from her Christian Show 'Say Yes and We Are One Body.' would do.

anyway, bedtime for me. nite all.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    any clip from her Christian Show 'Say Yes and We Are One Body.' would do.

So being Religious is an innapropriate characteristic for a Presidential candidate.

Quite a narrow-minded attitude tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Read his post again. She is not questioning Dana's history. She is saying she has sweet f.a. to offer the office of the Irish Presidency.
    She is correct.

So being Religious is an innapropriate characteristic for a Presidential candidate.

Quite a narrow-minded attitude tbh.

The rationality of the candidate is perfectly appropriate to discuss. If a person is religious and believes in things for which there is no evidence, then the rationality of that person comes into question.

This is why prospective American presidents get asked about their belief in creationism - it's a method of getting at their rationale.

Zamboni wrote: »
    Read his post again. He is not questioning Dana's history. He is saying she has sweet f.a. to offer the office of the Irish Presidency.
    He is correct.

I understood his post perfectly well.

I was giving him an answer, maybe it wasn't the one he wanted to hear. :)

The reason that Dana (or indeed Mitchell/MD/Gallacher/Davis) aren't being scrutinised as much is because of the furore about Norris and McGuiness and their past indiscretions.

The candidates "history" is what is being discussed.

In terms of electoral success she has more of a right then some of the candidates to be there.

One-term MEP is arguably a greater electoral achievement then Norris' cushy number as TCD Senator.

Davis & Gallacher have no electoral/political experience.

What she has to offer the Presidency is a matter of opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

The rationality of the candidate is perfectly appropriate to discuss. If a person is religious and believes in things for which there is no evidence, then the rationality of that person comes into question.

True, and the speeches would be fvcking awful...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement