Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Used to like Varadkar.
    Getting tired of his arrogance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ah here we go... a bit of sense at last...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I think Stephen Donnelly tried to sell me a telly in Harvey Norman once. Didn't fall for it though.

Vinny himself has advocated a No vote in his IT column IIRC.

Good man Steven. At least he tells the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Used to like Varadkar.
    Getting tired of his arrogance.

I sympathise with him though.

Some of the ignorance and pedanticness would try anyone's patience.
    Kurz wrote: »
    I think Stephen Donnelly tried to sell me a telly in Harvey Norman once. Didn't fall for it though.

Whilst he isn't saying anything groundbreaking - he is at least speaking truthfully (in my view) and without spin.

I'd buy a TV off Stephen Donnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

The government are clearly at the point where they are trying to 'enforce', not 'advise', voters on a preferred fiscal outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Leo's tone implies that he can't even convince himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

Has he got jaundice or just tangoed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Alidee wrote: »
    Has he got jaundice or just tangoed!

I'm more alarmed at his gently undulating head!

TV3 really need to sort out the backdrop thingy.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of things, this is one of the poorest performances by Varadker that i've seen. He's even getting a bit of a kicking from the Shinner.

Go on Vinny, we're overdue a Burtonesque meltdown.

I cant see Leo running for election again.. Seems like he's hugely sick of it, having to listen to the sh1te from the shinners... I'd say he'll be back seeing patients after the next election..

I cant see Leo running for election again.. Seems like he's hugely sick of it, having to listen to the sh1te from the shinners... I'd say he'll be back seeing patients after the next election..

I know who is talking more sh1te on the economy, and it is not the shinners.

I dunno. He seems quite ambitious politically. Was reading an Indo feature :oon him recently and he seemed fairly interested politically. Picture of him as a young candidate during his medical school years etc.

Anyone know if Kenny is still running scared of Vinny for the Fiscal Compact debate thing next Tuesday.

He's had his eye on the leadership of that party for years. Maybe if he realises that the gombeen rule makes him ineligable for the next forty years he'll leave the party, I doubt it though.

That printout that they have quoting three economists who actually support a "yes" vote in the election, without saying so, is completely disingenuous... Just cherry picking statements that support their own case, as opposed to being honest with the electorate... I guess having Adams as your leader doesnt set a great example for the rest of them.

That printout that they have quoting three economists who actually support a "yes" vote in the election, without saying so, is completely disingenuous... Just cheery picking statements that support their own case, as opposed to being honest with the electorate... I guess having Adams as your leader doesnt set a great example for the rest of them.

Not their finest hour, but remind me which panellist said that 'not another red cent' would go to the failed banks?

• Advertisement

That printout that they have quoting three economists who actually support a "yes" vote in the election, without saying so, is completely disingenuous... Just cherry picking statements that support their own case, as opposed to being honest with the electorate... I guess having Adams as your leader doesnt set a great example for the rest of them.

Yeah sure cherry picking isn't on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

If he can't handle sh1te, then the poor pet shouldn't have been in politics in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

He's had his eye on the leadership of that party for years. Maybe if he realises that the gombeen rule makes him ineligable for the next forty years he'll leave the party, I doubt it though.

Are Messrs Kenny and Bruton at retirement age by the time of the next elections? Thats 2 heavyweights gone out of the picture. Watch for B hayes or Leo V.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Well Jesus john if Karl whelan and co don't want people on the no side quoting them stop giving them good reasons too !

There was nothing disingenuous about that leaflet , they fecking said it.

You can bet your hole that if Adams said the treaty was brilliant but he's voting no any way Leo wouldn't STFU about it

This whole issue is complete hypocritical nonsense. ESPESCIALLY coming from any of the big 3

They've done FAR worse in the manipulation front over the years and are only sick the shinners could do it at all

Paul Sommerville

500px-Moe_Szyslak.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Is Vincent about to have a break down, think dominic is pushing him towards it.......

Could you imagine Pat or Miriam fake crying in response to a politician.
    Good man, Vinny.

All politicians in power in this country are pathetic and powerless. That labour guy is indistinguishable from every other politician when it comes to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Paraphrasing here but

Vinny: "I have never heard such waffle from anyone"
    Dominic: "I'm sure you have"

Class :D

• Advertisement

Dont always agree with him, but Marc Coleman is bang on with what he is saying about this left wing academics, who give out about the rich while they are not doing too badly themselves off the back of the private sector..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement