Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

They are all hopeless in fairness.

Simon Coveney is still brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sickening ad for AIB in the middle of a debate regarding another bailout... I hope the irony is not lost on anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Sickening ad for AIB in the middle of a debate regarding another bailout... I hope the irony is not lost on anybody.

'I got up and running on my business with grants.'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

What an idiot saying people are coming off the live register! They are emigrating you clown......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Jaysus, Mary Lou is the same colour as her coat.

'I got up and running on my business with grants.'

Did you see the poor lad in the ad.. He looked as comfortable as a hostage in an Al Qa'ida video...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I'd like him to ask them which if any of them have actually read this treaty now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

What a waste of time that was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

complete garbage. no-one could get a word in edgeways with those blabbermouths simon and martin

• Advertisement

Switch to RTE 1.. Mrs Dragged Through A Hedge Backwards is on... could you imagine listening to her all day...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They're all talking in ifs, buts and maybes; not one single, concrete fact was made on what the treaty is actually about - what it actually entails & what the voters are going to cast a vote over. It's all half-threats about what might happen if we vote yes/no. Pretty shameful politicking all-told really.

The treaty is a complicated & boring economic treaty yes, but that doesn't mean our elected politicians shouldn't take it upon themselves to try and educate the public. Naw, much easier to score cheap votes with some threats about closing hospitals or whatnot.

M. Martin is shocking though: loud, defensive, irritated & lacking any grace. Absolutely no change from the last time I saw him in a cross-party TV debate (the general election), he doesn't like being challenged does he.

What a waste of time that was!

Yeah it was absolutely dreadful... Very hard to have any hope for the country with that level of debate at the top. I like Enda Kenny and think he's a good guy, but it is really cowardly that he wont appear on any VB show....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Coveney was by far the best. Joe Higgins has recycled the same speech for 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Micheal Martin is a poor leader if that's the best he can do. He has no presence at all. Is Mary Lou distantly related to the Red Indian, Geronimo ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Good loser wrote: »
    Coveney was by far the best. Joe Higgins has recycled the same speech for 15 years.

Seriously???!!!!:eek:
    I think he was even worse than old Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

Since the election we now know the government and FF have lied to us in the past why should we believe them now? If they say vote 'yes' I'll do the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Mary Lou and Joe Higgins winners in that one anyway.
    Round 1 to the NO side,hands down.
    If Martin and Coveney are the best the YES side can send out then God help us all.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

washman3 wrote: »
    Mary Lou and Joe Higgins winners in that one anyway.
    Round 1 to the NO side,hands down.
    If Martin and Coveney are the best the YES side can send out then God help us all.:(

They're never the winners, as they have no idea where/how to get the new bailout funds to keep the country running.

Same old tune all the time with no substance or solid realistic answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

<Ollie> wrote: »
    They're never the winners, as they have no idea where/how to get the new bailout funds to keep the country running.

That'd be the second bailout that the govt denies will happen?

This country won't be left out in the cold when it comes to a second bailout - that's lie numero uno by Coveney & Co
    And when Spain goes (and the massive knock on from that), well that 700billion won't be enough for them, let alone us.

It's all such a massive lie and quite hopeless unless the reset button is pressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

<Ollie> wrote: »

Neither do Martin and Coveney or any of their cronies BTW.
    All just making it up as they go along.
    This treaty is a farce. Its actually dead in the water as we speak.
    Circumstances are changing so fast that the clowns running the show here are like a dog chasing his tail. We all heard Michael Noonan today,an arrogant bully doing his best to strike fear into the very people that voted him into his cushy number in Finance. What a joke.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I didn't see the debate tonight as I watching the 9 O'Clock news and Prime Time earlier.

My Mum was disappointed though as she wait a little longer for that programme Prince William and Catherine Middleton to be replaced with the OP's opinion that tonight's debate was total crap.

And JonathanAnon; who was this Ms Dragged the hedge backwards you were talking about there in Prime Time?

Michael Martin... :eek::eek::eek:

I must Eamonn ryan a message on the tweet machine, the chain came off my bike and I cant get it back on..

gambiaman wrote: »
    That'd be the second bailout that the govt denies will happen?

This country won't be left out in the cold when it comes to a second bailout - that's lie numero uno by Coveney & Co
    And when Spain goes (and the massive knock on from that), well that 700billion won't be enough for them, let alone us.

It's all such a massive lie and quite hopeless unless the reset button is pressed.

Yes, a second bailout is inevitable. You or I don't really know if we will be left out in cold or not. What is it about the new treaty you are against? Look what happen Greece (and then the rest of Euro) as a result of having no rules in place as to having a certain budgetary policy.

Independent TD Stephen Donnelly, whom has been very vocal against certain government polices is voting Yes. At least he is a realist.

Getting sick of the left loonies at this stage. They haven't got one single plan as to how to fund the county i.e. teachers, nurses, guards, roads et. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This is the very first time I've seen Ursula Halligan on this programme. Her performance so far anybody on her analysis on the debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

'Greater difference' between Labour and FG?

Ryan lives on Planet Green, alright.

washman3 wrote: »
    Neither do Martin and Coveney or any of their cronies BTW.
    All just making it up as they go along.
    This treaty is a farce. Its actually dead in the water as we speak.
    Circumstances are changing so fast that the clowns running the show here are like a dog chasing his tail. We all heard Michael Noonan today,an arrogant bully doing his best to strike fear into the very people that voted him into his cushy number in Finance. What a joke.:mad:

Yes they do. It will come from European Stability Mechanism. Why are you making stuff up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Eamon Ryan's voice is gonna break any day now.

So Ganley's voting no?
    Could be a formidable thorn in the government's side.

• Advertisement

Isn't the Greek general election this weekend.
    Christ, things are going to get really interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement