Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

And JonathanAnon; who was this Ms Dragged the hedge backwards you were talking about there in Prime Time?

Clare Daly... She was debating with Lucinda Creighton

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Both sides are lying through their teeth it seems.
    We will have to read it ourselves.
    Noonan comes across like the school-yard bully in fairness. He does the "Yes" side no favours at all as he antagonizes people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

This is the very first time I've seen Ursula Halligan on this programme. Her performance so far anybody on her analysis on the debate?

Just another Government cheerleader,similar to David Davin Power.
    The longer the present status quo remains in tact the longer the gravy train rolls on for her and her ilk. Never forget people like her are civil servants at the top of the tree,like Pat Kenny,Marian Finucane,Joe Duffy etc. Does anybody seriously believe these shower will rock the boat.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I thought Ganley was gonna say "Is Enda Kenny gonna...grow a pair". :D
    Also, why is Eamon Ryan on again. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Ganley is a rich man he can up and leave if Ireland sinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Both sides are lying through their teeth it seems.
    We will have to read it ourselves.
    Noonan comes across like the school-yard bully in fairness. He does the "Yes" side no favours at all as he antagonizes people.

Don't be so childishly sensitive. As an adult I found Noonan's statement and warning perfectly reasonable and rational.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

washman3 wrote: »
    Just another Government cheerleader,similar to David Davin Power.
    The longer the present status quo remains in tact the longer the gravy train rolls on for her and her ilk. Never forget people like her are civil servants at the top of the tree,like Pat Kenny,Marian Finucane,Joe Duffy etc. Does anybody seriously believe these shower will rock the boat.;)

How exactly is she a civil servant?. Silly comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_Halligan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Excuse my dumbness, but I missed this. I've seen comments saying Inda Kinny won't go near VinB. What's his beef with him? If it's simply that he can't hack Vinnie's persistent and nail-on-head questions, then he should just suck it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

I thought Ganley was gonna say "Is Enda Kenny gonna...grow a pair". :D
    Also, why is Eamon Ryan on again. :mad:
    What the f/ck is Ryan on the telly for again. He's like a spoiled brat that can't get it that he lost his seat and his party annihilated in the last election. He is arrogant and living in denial about his contribution in the last government. Why can’t he just f/ck off and go back to chasing butterflies. Maybe he's a buddy of Vincent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Did anyone watch that BBC documentary on Cardinal Séan Brady?

Unfortunately, I didn't see it as I don't have BBC 1.

IMO he should resign as it should be a wake up call for those in the hierarchy as these laws and guidelines are not fit for purpose in the current church.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I dont think he's a bad man or that he significantly contributed to any of the abuse being prolonged, but I think he just needs to quit because of the aesthetics of it... His "I was obeying orders at all times without question" line is kind of pathetic, though maybe he was instructed to use that excuse by Benedict (shur didnt his lot use the same excuse in the 1940s.. :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I dont think he's a bad man or that he significantly contributed to any of the abuse being prolonged, but I think he just needs to quit because of the aesthetics of it... His "I was obeying orders at all times without question" line is kind of pathetic, though maybe he was instructed to use that excuse by Benedict (shur didnt his lot use the same excuse in the 1940s.. :pac: )

"Aesthetics" - did you watch the programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I really think this is the week where the Catholic Church has lost the final wave of support from 'Middle Ireland':

Censorship of Brian D'Arcy and others
    Teenage girl being banned from school coming to national prominence
    BBC doc, and more importantly Brady's desperate media response

Disagree if you want, but it feels like a seminal week.

I really think this is the week where the Catholic Church has lost the final wave of support from 'Middle Ireland':

Censorship of Brian D'Arcy and others
    Teenage girl being banned from school coming to national prominence
    BBC doc, and more importantly Brady's desperate media response

Disagree if you want, but it feels like a seminal week.

The moderate Catholics must be getting tired of this kind of thing.

Marie Collins is spot on - Brady kept his mouth shut so he could climb the ladder. And it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

he'll have to go anyhow

these fellas are all sorry for themselves not the victims

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I would have thought Vincent or his researchers would have known about this
    priests history of abuse before asking him on. Especially if someone was convicted for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

M cebee wrote: »
    he'll have to go anyhow

these fellas are all sorry for themselves not the victims

Due to retire in 2014 anyway :mad::mad:

I think that priest must be completely brainwashed.

I think all priests are completely brainwashed TBH

• Advertisement

Brady would have been quick to ring the police if he heard about someone selling condoms in the 1970s.

Who's arm is that eh?!

I wonder what John Charles McQuaid would say about the abuse scandals if he was a more younger man in 2012. I'm thinking about what would have happened if he made the church a whole lot worse today rather than in the past.

Would he have censorsed the young people of today right to the core in issues such as Alcoholism, Drug Use etc? We are very lucky not to hear his opinions at all. He would have gave most young people today no positivity or love, which would be sad really.

Ahh the bold Niamh (Lyons) ;)

EDIT - is it really worth her while coming into studio at 23.50 for the sake of a few 7 to be precise minutes? Crazy show altogether, crazy show.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

she's lookin' well

€400,000 is something to look forward to for the Vita Cortex workers in this long hard recession.

Well done to Them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Lapin wrote: »
    I would have thought Vincent or his researchers would have known about this
    priests history of abuse before asking him on. Especially if someone was convicted for it.

I don't believe he was abused. My instincts tell me this guy is just a convenient spokesman for the church. In my opinion, anyone that badly abused wouldn't be so defensive.

I think that priest must be completely brainwashed.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    I think all priests are completely brainwashed TBH

I think followers of any religion are brainwashed but thats for another day.

Word to Vinnie - Stop trying to catch Elaine out.

She knows her stuff.

Even to the point of knowing where the word "Locked" originates !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Dunno who the guy on the left is but decent enough panel tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement