Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Dunno who the guy on the left is but decent enough panel tonight.

John Devitt

CEO, Transparency International Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

It's the Elaine show tonight!....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Defamatory, Elaine.
    Not deflamatory :pac:
    And she's got a PhD! :p

I thought Vinny was gonna burst not being able to mention the person suspected of insider trading. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

It's the Elaine show tonight!....

Herself and Vinnie should swap seats and throw Cooper an odd bone.

Is John Devitt still there ?

• Advertisement

A Cassie-worthy replacement here? :pac:
    Edit: maybe not
    Sorry, i'm bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Lapin wrote: »
    Herself and Vinnie should swap seats and throw Cooper an odd bone.

Is John Devitt still there ?

Who?....oh, the guy in the corner.....:D

Vincent enjoying the papers.....:)

The Interview with Eamon O'Cuiv @11.35 is probably a repeat VB style of what happened on Prime Time. I expect pretty much the same from that interview.

The Solicitor acting for Fr Kevin Reynolds should be interesting IMO at what he can say about the report itself. This is my first time ever hearing him on this programme as I have not heard him anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tom Savage was once a priest himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The story The Thornbirds is based on himself and Terry Prone...

The ex head of RTE Bob Collins, now head of the BAI, investigating all his old buddies... This whole thing smells of the old boys club looking after each other and hanging Aoife Kavanagh out as the only scapegoat..

• Advertisement

:eek:

WHAT he is married to Terry Prone? You have got to be kidding me. What does a director of SW in an archdiocese do anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Savage_(Irish_media_figure)

Now I know it is true. http://www.rte.ie/radio1/miriammeets/2009-09-27.html

Cannot believe it.

The Interview with Eamon O'Cuiv @11.35 is probably a repeat VB style of what happened on Prime Time. I expect pretty much the same from that interview.

Richard Crowley gave him some going over... I couldnt help laughing at it..

EOC: "something similar happened in the 1980s when Dessie O'Malley left FF".
    RC: "so you're comparing Michael Martin to Charlie Haughey"..

:pac:

How would Fr Reynolds be on "tenterhooks"... I mean you kind of know yourself whether you've got a girl pregnant or not..

Complete fcuk up by R.T.E. I wonder how much it has cost them in damages.

O'Cuiv is a watery old fcuker. Never liked him. Just looking for notice it seems. Wants to run Fianna Fail in my opinion but is too stupid.

Dev involved in another split over a treaty... I hope Micheal Martin isnt going home through Beál Na Bláth at the weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

O'Cuiv such a waffler, he talks loads and says nothing.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

O'Cuiv is some clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

How would Fr Reynolds be on "tenterhooks"... I mean you kind of know yourself whether you've got a girl pregnant or not..

Well, I think thats where the basis of the story comes from. Not that I'm suggesting anything whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Dev involved in another split over a treaty... I hope Micheal Martin isnt going home through Beál Na Bláth at the weekend..

Did you hear Richard Crowley's quip about the anti-treaty side ... I nearly fell off the sofa :)

O'Cuiv now looks like The Grand Old Duke Of York .... led them up to the top of the hill & led them down again. I'd say the penny dropped over the w'end that SF wouldn't touch him with a barge pole :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Callan57 wrote: »
    O'Cuiv now looks like The Grand Old Duke Of York .... led them up to the top of the hill & led them down again.

That was the same phrase I was thinking of... I mentioned the Crowley interview on the previous page... I thought his attitude was dismissive, almost mocking, as if to say "ah shur, you're only looking for a bit of attention really arent ya"... but it was hilarious..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Richard Crowley gave him some going over... I couldnt help laughing at it..

EOC: "something similar happened in the 1980s when Dessie O'Malley left FF".
    RC: "so you're comparing Michael Martin to Charlie Haughey"..

:pac:
    I saw that!! "charlie haughey???....do you want to go back to those days?"

Earlier than usual show tonight at 10:45pm due to the showing of the Europa League Match between Athletico Bilbao and Aletlico Madrid this evening.

Did anyone watch it?

Greek Crisis, Fiscal Treaty and Spain's financial problems all up for discussion tonight.

I cant imagine Lucinda gets much media training, she ticks nearly every box for what would really annoy the punters..

Vinny's just getting started on Lucinda.
    Should be good watching her flounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Lucinda is a clown and so patronising....id love to knock her out...Voting No for sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

I rate Lucinda highly. She's cool and intelligent - well able for Vinnie's bullying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Willie O'Dea has sneaked back onto the FF Front bench like nothing ever happened.

After his perjury and defamation antics, he should be joining his buddy Cuiv on the backbench (and preferably out of Politics altogether)

Was Willie looking for a banking transactions tax ? The little prick was part of the crowd that caused the problem. How can anyone listen to him suggesting how to solve it. He should be put out on a deserted island with the rest of his crew and left there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Good loser wrote: »
    I rate Lucinda highly. She's cool and intelligent - well able for Vinnie's bullying.
    Think its called journalism not bullying..about time someone called the bluff on our 'politicians'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement