Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

I am dreading what RBB will say in front of your German one.

Made a good point about the manipulation of the word 'we', by our political class.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

whos the fruit salad with the quare accent

A german lawyer living in Ireland, she is always rolled out onto this show.

A big pain in the butt IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SkullClothing

Ask Richard what are the levels of dole and other benefits in Iceland, and what are the numbers and cost of public servants in Iceland... The guy has a completely skewed view of everything... We have our own deficit of 18 Billion before the banks are taken in to account, and nobody on the left seems to be willing to acknowledge this...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Do you think that Regina Dotherty is impressed with what RBB is saying?

I would say absolutely no way. I am glad I am not voting for him, not ever. He is just a spoofer just for political gain, no other way about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

vicwatson wrote: »
    A german lawyer living in Ireland, she is always rolled out onto this show.

A big pain in the butt IMO

I like her, gives an insight into German thinking outside whats printed in the Financial Times. Plus she pisses off the Communist on the panel.

• Advertisement

Ask Richard what are the levels of dole and other benefits in Iceland, and what are the numbers and cost of public servants in Iceland... The guy has a completely skewed view of everything... We have our own deficit of 18 Billion before the banks are taken in to account, and nobody on the left seems to be willing to acknowledge this...

Has he ever had a job outside of "community worker"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Can you tell me did Iceland have a budget deficit when it defaulted?

Why do we have to look up to the Germans all the time ?

Because they are taller!:D

Average Height of Males

Germany 177.4cm
    Ireland 175.0cm

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Regina licking up to the German one.
    Enda must be giving classes.

Regina licking up to the German one.
    Enda must be giving classes.

They send out as many lightweight backbenchers as possible. Just shows how scared they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Laughing at Regina Doherty trying to tell us that no raises in income tax was a pre-election promise! What about all their other pre-election promises that they've broken????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

well it looks like the time to welcome the 4th reich is not far off, no talk on noonan over with the bilderbergers in chantilly

I notice there are some guests that VB has a visceral dislike of, and it is very apparent after watching: Peter Matthews is one, Caroline Simons another, and Boyd Barrett I think is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Hoffmans wrote: »
    well it looks like the time to welcome the 4th reich is not far off, no talk on noonan over with the bilderbergers in chantilly

We're changing our name to the Weimar Republic of Ireland.

Ireland's Government debt is currently at 108.2% to GDP.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/ireland/government-debt-to-gdp

I think that the idea of expanding the debt over a longer period is a better way of getting growth back on control. It also creates jobs and much faster and investors will be able to get their money overtime when it grows with interest which means a much quicker way of paying our debt.

Iceland's Government Debt ratio is at 100 to GDP.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambroseevans-pritchard/100015053/icelands-viking-victory/

Even in January; the chart below defined what countries were in either good or bad GDP when you look at the economy structure of each country.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/worldeconomy/p/Sovereign-Debt.htm

We were still only slightly higher in terms of GDP to that of Germany. Will it help much in terms of getting growth back for Ireland? Probably, small glimpses of growth will come back IMO. Once our economy starts to grow again, whenever that will be; It would not be solid growth.

RBB is forgetting that because of what Iceland has done into get itself back to the markets within 3 years is that it has it's own currency, it wiped nearly all of it assets to get back to growth, it has devalued it's currency.

Iceland is definitely telling countries like Greece & Ireland that it cannot do the same thing at all. It is no surprise that the Euro in what it can do to itself. I could not see myself that the euro would be devalued in the future, which could not happen if the Fiscal Compact was ratified by the 12 countries. It is a restricted currency within it's own remit. IMO It could actually damage growth in other euro zone countries from having a recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

To answer my own question Iceland's budget deficit was about 9% of its GDP when it defaulted on its debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I notice there are some guests that VB has a visceral dislike of, and it is very apparent after watching: Peter Matthews is one, Caroline Simons another, and Boyd Barrett I think is another.
    I think he said before the last election that he was thinking of voting for RBB.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I think he said before the last election that he was thinking of voting for RBB.

Was determined not to let him finish a sentence. Does the same thing with the others I mentioned.

Was determined not to let him finish a sentence. Does the same thing with the others I mentioned.

Pretty standard behavior from Vinnie. regardless of who he has on.

Pretty standard behavior from Vinnie. regardless of who he has on.

No, it is different when he is a party hack like Pascal Donohoe on, in that he will give them enough rope before the killer question. It is more pantomime between the likes of him and Vincent.

With the ones I have mentioned though, he is a bit more of a bully boy.

Simons the other week, for example, was getting to some interesting points on the stability mechanism, but he didn't want her to finish. Of course, he tried to make RBB silly with the tax rate thing, when it was Vincent himself who did not have the right percentage.

Hope it is clearer as to what I mean, on his different treatment of guests.

• Advertisement

No, it is different when he is a party hack like Pascal Donohoe on, in that he will give them enough rope before the killer question. It is more pantomime between the likes of him and Vincent.

With the ones I have mentioned though, he is a bit more of a bully boy.

Simons the other week, for example, was getting to some interesting points on the stability mechanism, but he didn't want her to finish. Of course, he tried to make RBB silly with the tax rate thing, when it was Vincent himself who did not have the right percentage.

Hope it is clearer as to what I mean, on his different treatment of guests.
    Its something I am going to keep an eye out for.
    Sounds very unprofessional.

Its something I am going to keep an eye out for.
    Sounds very unprofessional.

He did the same technique to Eamon Ryan years ago, before their coalition with FF, on his old radio show. Think he was talking about carbon tax only for a few seconds, and Browne let out a sort of boorish 'Ah, ah', and the next guest spoke.

First time I noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭karlth

To answer my own question Iceland's budget deficit was about 9% of its GDP when it defaulted on its debts.

Iceland never defaulted on its debts. It decided not to move private banks' debts into public debt.

The Icelandic banks all defaulted but the government never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

FG have released poor oul' Peter Matthews from captivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is Enda out yet ?

yer man say Enda Kenny down at the soup kitchen the other week... The country really is gone to hell isnt it..

The Capuchin centre as I am seeing it now are doing great work. They are great ambassadors for trying to quell a horrible time been happening for attempting to save the 'new poor'.

He's about to get a hammering from Vincenzo now :D

I hate this sanctimonious crap that Vincent comes out with... Any proper journalism would not add their own strings sound track... Yer man asking how could ya live on 270 euro a week... !!! That's a lot more than some full time workers get in other European countries..

• Advertisement

See my last post :eek::eek: :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement