Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Spoofer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

makes me sick billy kelleher givin advice

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I almost got banned when I revealed that
    Bobby had an affair with Jackie Kennedy, which the world and his wife knew already.
    Better put it in spoilers in case I get another month off ;)
    lol :D:D:D

Actually, now that I think of it Harry, it was probably you I was thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    There is only one thing scarier than Dan Boyle's singing and it is Paul Gogarty's singing. Lennon and McCartney they aint :(

Yeah, Dan Boyle and Paul Gogarty should stick to politics tweeting eh, something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

M cebee wrote: »
    makes me sick billy kelleher givin advice

The only thing remotely interesting about Billy Kelleher is the way he takes so much care over his hairstyle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

There is only one thing scarier than Dan Boyle's singing and it is Paul Gogarty's singing. Lennon and McCartney they aint :(

Two wrongs dont make a right, but two lefts make an awful racket.

The only thing remotely interesting about Billy Kelleher is the way he takes so much care over his hairstyle.
    Jaysus, Costner you're fascinated by peoples' hair styles, hair transplants, wigs etc.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Jaysus, Costner you're fascinated by peoples' hair styles, hair transplants, wigs etc.... ;)

I wonder why????? ;)

kevin_costner_2008_072508_1.jpg

^^^^:D:D:D

Poor Costner, the aging process is awful cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Rot in hell you b*stard?

What a headline that VB has to say aloud on Live TV.

And the sad thing it is not even totally his fault.

Yet again on this thread I have made my milestone 1,000th post above. Happy Days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Yet again on this thread I have made my milestone 1,000th post above. Happy Days

Congratulations dublinman1990 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Who was the F.G. man on V.B. He is as arrogant and sneery as the rest of their reps over the last few months. He even said he didn't read stuff but offered opinions anyway. Gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jeesus lads this is gonna be harrowing me thinks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

vicwatson wrote: »

Correct. :(

Is this another case of blaming the State for bad parenting? Why didnt she stop him from hanging around with the "bad crowd".. he was under their care at the time.

tbh, all of these Government are completely useless as NOBODY is ever named or held accountable... And as with everything in the public service, if nobody is held accountable, then nothing is ever done..

Yes indeed. How could anyone control an out of control, drug and alcohol using teenager who has coping problems and refuses to come under any control. Its easy blaming the HSE as much as i dislike their service but the first and primary carers are the parents. Social workers finishing work at 5.00 pm is a disgrace too and not having an out of hours service. I have worked with out of control, drug abusing youth as a volunteer in the past and it's no picnic.

Who was the F.G. man on V.B. He is as arrogant and sneery as the rest of their reps over the last few months. He even said he didn't read stuff but offered opinions anyway. Gimp.

Eoghan Murphy Dublin South East, a total shambles, didn't know an answer to most of the questions. Clown.

Is this another case of blaming the State for bad parenting? Why didnt she stop him from hanging around with the "bad crowd".. he was under their care at the time

Sometimes easier said than done Jon, poor guy was out of control.
    tbh, all of these Government are completely useless as NOBODY is ever named or held accountable... And as with everything in the public service, if nobody is held accountable, then nothing is ever done.

I agree with you, RTE news earlier said there was some members of staff slapped on the wrist - I'd love to know to what extent were they disciplined. It's one big joke this country. Meh

ah here, I'm not being lectured to about morals by an ex spin doctor and sidekick of Frank Dunlop... I'm hitting the mute button (until Psychic Wayne comes on, then it's going back up to full volume again.. :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Do social workers ever get suspended or fired? Or just moved to Liveline?

• Advertisement

Sometimes easier said than done Jon, poor guy was out of control.

I agree with you, RTE news earlier said there was some members of staff slapped on the wrist - I'd love to know to what extent were they disciplined. It's one big joke this country. Meh

You will probably find it's the lad at the bottom rung with the management dishing out the punishment and denying their own culpability.

• Site Banned Posts: 222 ✭✭bee_keeper

Do social workers ever get suspended or fired? Or just moved to Liveline?

social workers - HSE hold conferences before every single descision - change , that way if anything goes wrong , blame is spread so thick , its virtually impossible to say with any degree of accuracy as to who is to blame

pretty good systems eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I hear this FF lad's favorite things are cakes and jumpers. He also like puppies.

If Vincent's pals from Pavey Point were contributing something to the state, it might make more funding available for social workers?

bee_keeper wrote: »
    social workers - HSE hold conferences before every single descision - change , that way if anything goes wrong , blame is spread so thick , its virtually impossible to say with any degree of accuracy as to who is to blame

pretty good systems eh

You are correct to a point. Case conferences are held on nearly all out of control teenagers and a plan is put in place. BUT how do you actually control an out of control, drug/alcohol abusing teenager who has been kicked out of school for bad behaviour and who uses violence to prevent anyone, garda, social worker or parent from taking him home at night and away from his out of control friends ? I have been there many times as a volunteer in a rough area and have been assaulted several times. You take him home and a half-hour later he is gone again. It is an unwinnable situation. When the parents lose control the battle is nearly always lost.

No one has brought up this -

http://www.oco.ie/policy-and-research/areas-of-work/constitutional-referendum.html

The Ombudsman for Children has been asking for Constitutional Change for Children's right since 2005.

We were promised this to happen in 2012 by the Fine Gael Government (and by successive Governments I may add) and alas we have a Fiscal Treaty Referendum last month before this savegely more important one - therein lies the problem.

If Vincent's pals from Pavey Point were contributing something to the state, it might make more funding available for social workers?

you obviously think we need more social workers

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again.. How much does Fergus Finlay earn from Barnardos... It's important if he's gonna come on here pontificating to us, it should be made public... He's like Tom Parlon, a hired gun...

You are correct to a point. Case conferences are held on nearly all out of control teenagers and a plan is put in place. BUT how do you actually control an out of control, drug/alcohol abusing teenager who has been kicked out of school for bad behaviour and who uses violence to prevent anyone, garda, social worker or parent from taking him home at night and away from his out of control friends ? I have been there many times as a volunteer in a rough area and have been assaulted several times. You take him home and a half-hour later he is gone again. It is an unwinnable situation. When the parents lose control the battle is nearly always lost.

stick them in some kind of institution - juvenille detention centre , bypass the social workers industry , let the guards bring them to court direct , social workers are nothing but a means for the bleeding heart liberal brigade to maximise employment , they dont actually do anything bar utter empty platitudes to distraught parents while wearing their best meryl streep face

• Advertisement

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again.. How much does Fergus Finlay earn from Barnardos... It's important if he's gonna come on here pontificating to us, it should be made public... He's like Tom Parlon, a hired gun...

thats harsh , tom parlon was self employed until 2002 , finlay has been sucking at the state tit his entire life

that said , he really does have a mightily impressive beard , if i had a beard like that , id be every bit as smug as fergus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement