Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Richard Boyd Barrett is going for the Lumberjack look this evening.

1063579-lumberjack_large.jpg

RBB is a bit of an ass, if his parents were taxed as he suggests himself, he just wouldn't know who the heel Vincent Browne is, he'd have to work like the rest of us!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Min wrote: »
    Wealth is not something bad like RBB makes it out to be.

Wealth a problem I'd love to have. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I'd be a lot wealthier if I hadn't to pay tax too.

Tax exiles are one story but someone like Michael O'Leary pays millions every year in taxes.

Tax exiles are one story but someone like Michael O'Leary pays millions every year in taxes.

He is (or at least was) Ireland's highest taxpayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Neeson wrote: »
    What did jim power do wrong?

Jesus, dont get me started will you.. :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

LMAO
    Vinny: "Richard. Richard, may i say something without you interrupting?"
    *Vinny looks like he's about to speak.
    Silly bint on left: "Blah, blah, blah"
    Vinny: *look of disgust.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭bull_ring

Seeing Jim Power on TV spouting his bullsh*t really boils my blood. He has zero credibility considering his carry on during the "boom".

bar morgan kelly , what economist has any credibility prior to the crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Of course there is nothing wrong with it.

However, she clearly stated that she resigned from DCU so she could concentrate on her role as a Senator. She made it sound like she made a huge sacrifice for the Irish people. I'm just wondering if she availed of an early retirement scheme. If she did, it is hardly a big sacrifice.

I'm sure she did receive a pension, but not sure, she is just winding down her work a bit and giving the new job a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Unlike JP Mc Manus, Bono and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Unlike JP Mc Manus, Bono and others.
    Very true.

However, JP McManus is treated like a God in Limerick because he donates money to lots of charities.

The love for McManus in Limerick is similar to the love the Cavan people have for Quinn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

bull_ring wrote: »

George Lee. I can remember him, years before the economy went tits-up warning against the cheap money and the massive level of personnel debt in the country. Nearly everything he forecast has come true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It must be nice being a recreational politician and paid loads for it.

George Lee. I can remember him, years before the economy went tits-up warning against the cheap money and the massive level of personnel debt in the country. Nearly everything he forecast has come true.
    He was ridiculed at the time too. He was seen as a "Doom & Gloom Man" in the same way as Morgan Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Browne had his troll-face on there at the end. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

bull_ring wrote: »

David McWilliams, and every ordinary person who took a step back and had a good look at what was happening and didnt listen to the propeganda spouted by the likes Jim Power....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

washman3 wrote: »
    David McWilliams, and every ordinary person who took a step back and had a good look at what was happening and didnt listen to the propeganda spouted by the likes Jim Power....

Yeah, that's why i'm so reluctant to dismiss his weekly doomladen stuff in the SBP and Indo. He's kinda staked his reputation on the Euro falling apart at this stage. Wonder if he will be proven right.

So called tax exiles -

In fairness, they pay tax in Ireland on their income generated in Ireland.

Why pay tax here for income earned abroad if our government is only going to píss it away.

I don't blame them for proctecting their financial assets in a sensible manner.

I await lark about money for hospitals and schools - spare it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Does Bono pay any tax in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Very true.

However, JP McManus is treated like a God in Limerick because he donates money to lots of charities..

I'll bet the money he donates to charities is a lot less than his tax bill would be. The people are easily fooled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Does Bono pay any tax in Ireland?

Most if not all in Holland afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

washman3 wrote: »

But McWilliams was saying it back around 2000 or 2002 - which means his 'warnings' were no use to anyone.

Tonight Vincent interviews Sean Quinn (it's a pre-record).

Tonight Vincent interviews Sean Quinn (it's a pre-record).

I think he said yesterday that it would be.

I wonder will this be a whole "woe is me" jobby from Quinn!? Can't see it being much else, tbh.

nummnutts wrote: »
    I think he said yesterday that it would be.

I wonder will this be a whole "woe is me" jobby from Quinn!? Can't see it being much else, tbh.
    I just heard a tiny extract from the interview before the break and Sean Quinn was going on about his new daughter in law, Karen and all the media attention she has to deal with.

My heart goes out to her, imagine receiving €320,000 from mystery Russian firms, it's very tough alright :rolleyes:

Actually, she seems to be dealing with the media attention and new celebrity status pretty well.

Some edits?

Anybody else thinking Homer's interview with Rock Bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Vincent is not letting up.

I'd love to see VB interviewing Bertie Ahern the little snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

So Quinn got loans illegally so doesn't owe back that money. Oghhh jesus he's stubborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

This is pathetic, I didn't borrow the money, Quinn borrowed it, they were illegal loans, no resposibility to pay them back. Oh, hes said its the Dublin media and keeps going on about his kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Were the assets collateral for the loans or not :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Quinn's head is up his hole

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement