Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I can't believe people are swallowing this shít. Even if 100% of the people paid the Household Charge, there would still be cuts to local authority funding.

If everyone paid their Household charge there would be far less cuts. There is no getting around that, regardless of the rights or wrongs of the charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Another with a yuppy double-barreled name. God she looks to have aged since that photo was taken and put on a ton too.
    Was thinking the same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

le la rat wrote: »

You'd think she could afford a bottle of Clairol Nice'n'Easy on her humongous TD salary? Knowing that lot, they could probably claim it on expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The handling of the Household Charge from the beginning has been appalling. People should have been given the option of paying this in their local Post Office. I received my second warning letter today even though I paid the charge before the deadline :mad:

They know you now and have you on record. You should pay it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

You'd think she could afford a bottle of Clairol Nice'n'Easy on her humongous TD salary? Knowing that lot, they could probably claim it on expenses.
    Ah, that is a bit unfair, perhaps she is happy with the grey look.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Love how they spin the stats.

61% of people have not paid the household charge. 61% of people have REGISTERED.

Who would be the people most likely to register? Those with properties that are exempt.

Skid wrote: »
    If everyone paid their Household charge there would be far less cuts. There is no getting around that, regardless of the rights or wrongs of the charge.

Yeah right :rolleyes:
    Is it only people who are mortgaged to the hilt that use services?

If that "everyone" included people living in local authority housing, I might be inclined to agree with you. Everyone avails of parks, libraries, street lighting etc. The Household Charge was nothing more than Big Phil's stupid attempt to compile a register of property owners. Thankfully over 40% of the population managed to see through this pathetic stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Niamh Lyons.

Yeah right :rolleyes:
    Is it only people who are mortgaged to the hilt that use services?

Nothing whatsoever to do with who has or hasn't paid.

Council revenues are down on the expected totals, so their expenditure will have to fall too.

Simple maths.

• Advertisement

Council revenues are down on the expected totals, so their expenditure will have to fall too.

Simple maths.

That's not what I asked.

What do people think about the John tierney situation?

That's not what I asked.

What you asked had nothing to do with my original point. You are talking about a completely different point to the one I raised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Niamh Lyons is quite hot...

Simple maths.
    This year, Clare Co. Co sent their Head of Finance on a programme at the John F Kennedy School of Government at Harvard (from June 4 to June 22 and July 9 to July 27). I'm thrilled that my Household Charge was used for this purpose :rolleyes:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/taxpayer-foots-250k-bill-for-harvard-course-199874.html

What you asked had nothing to do with my original point. You are talking about a completely different point to the one I raised.

They were cutting long before these charges came in. If they told the truth instead of lying through their teeth they might have had more success.

That millisecond of silence after the eoin fella laughed at the grey haired woman was epic!

Ms. Double-Barrel surname is so smug. I hope the people of Laois-Offaly are taking notes.

That guy will the glasses reminds me of an older Ben Mitchell :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    This year, Clare Co. Co sent their Head of Finance on a programme at the John F Kennedy School of Government at Harvard (from June 4 to June 22 and July 9 to July 27). I'm thrilled that my Household Charge was used for this purpose :rolleyes:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/taxpayer-foots-250k-bill-for-harvard-course-199874.html

I don't disagree that most Councils have ridiculous outgoings. But you can't say I don't like how they spend some of their money, therefore I won't pay the charge.

Local services will suffer because an significant number of people are not paying their household charges. That is a fact.

• Advertisement

It is amazing how they never answer the question they are asked

Ms. Double-Barrel surname is so smug. I hope the people of Laois-Offaly are taking notes.

She is typical F.G. i.e. arrogant to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Does anyone in Eoin's whimsical attempt to bring back our finances to stability?

I am not convinced his party have a clue what they are saying.

Fidelma Healy Eames ?? Another double-barreled arrogant politician.

GOOD WOMAN NIAMH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Niamh Lyons is quite hot...

and very tall too. I saw her in town there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Neeson wrote: »
    What do people think about the John tierney situation?

What is the John Tierney situation?

I don't disagree that most Councils have ridiculous outgoings. But you can't say I don't like how they spend some of their money, therefore I won't pay the charge.

Local services will suffer because an significant number of people are not paying their household charges. That is a fact.

That might be a fact but I bet we'll still see plenty of local councillors going off on junkets next Patrick's Day to their "twinned cities", and plenty of them will still be travelling to "conferences" up and down the country, paid for with the monies from the Household Charge. The Lord Mayor of Cork decided to refurbish his offices a couple of years back at a ridiculously high cost, at the same time that funding for community groups was being cut. It's about time that people woke up to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

Much as I enjoy VB's show, it's a huge weakness that the stand-in presenters are all drawn from the clique-y Dublin media village.

Completely undermines the credibility of the show when someone who may have been a contributor one week arrives as the presenter the following week.

Much the same as the recent RTE Olympic coverage fielded a team that is heading towards senility like Bill O'Herlihy, Jimmy Magee, Tony (Athletics) O'Donoghue, etc, TV3 has become a hiring fair for media & ex-politicians who who fancy a prestigious 'nixer'.

Given Browne's own political views, it's a shame he can't create one job with an enthusiastic, young deputy presenter who would welcome a 'break' in getting exposure on national TV...

• Advertisement

What is the John Tierney situation?

He gets a load of money, some say he gets paid as much as the Taoiseach. Others aren't so sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement