Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I only ever watch when Vincent isn't presenting. I thoroughly enjoyed Fintan presenting :) No condescending carry on

Ten Hail Marys and Five Our Fathers....................(and a Glory B)

Thats a Mortaler!...............:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Ten Hail Marys and Five Our Fathers....................(and a Glory B)

Thats a Mortaler!...............:eek:

If we all liked the same thing, we'd still have only one channel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

If we all liked the same thing, we'd still have only one channel ;)

Amen.....:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Tuned in to watch Tonight with Vincent or whoever it is this week and thought for a moment that J.R. Ewing was the guest presenter. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Is jr getting blamed for selling our invisible oil?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I'd be guessing that the tonight ad which came up before seconds before the actual programme was a technical error.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,721 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Who is yer wan ?

I'd be guessing that the tonight ad which came up before seconds before the actual programme was a technical error.

Seemed a bit odd all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Who is yer wan ?

Noirin Hegarty. She was recently appointed as an editor of independent.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

she has Bobby Kerr's presenting style

• Advertisement

Who is yer wan ?

Biog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Noirin Hegarty has the look and demeanour of a Substitute Teacher.

I hope she keeps asking Sarah Mc Inerney all the questions. I could look at her all night.

I hope she keeps asking Sarah Mc Inerney all the questions. I could look at her all night.

I would be very happy if it was 'Tonight with Sarah McInerney' every night :).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

We could do with more consultants like John Crown in this country.

3000+ on over 200k per year. Madness in such a small country but Reilly would rather hit the old and the sick instead of them.

MrsD007 wrote: »

Anyone I know who has dealt with Prof. Crown has nothing but praise for him.

And he seems to talk a lot of sense about the problems with the Health Service.

Who appointed him to the Seanad ?

Who appointed him to the Seanad ?

He was elected by the NUI Graduates.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0428/seanad.html

Skid wrote: »
    He was elected by the NUI Graduates.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0428/seanad.html
    Professor Crown donates his entire Seanad salary to Cancer Research.
    'I make good money from my medical practice, I’m on a public salary… I made a decision at the time I was running for the Seanad that it would not be appropriate for me to accept two public wages'.

http://www.thejournal.ie/senator-donating-entire-seanad-salary-to-cancer-research-222630-Sep2011/

• Advertisement

I have sympathy for James Reilly. It is a very difficult job and he is handcuffed by the Croke Park Agreement which exempts 70% of his Budget from cuts until 2014.

On the other hand, he has left himself with nowhere to go by complaining publically about his difficulties. It wasn't a great move.

Skid wrote: »
    I have sympathy for James Reilly. It is a very difficult job and he is handcuffed by the Croke Park Agreement which exempts 70% of his Budget from cuts until 2014.

On the other hand, he has left himself with nowhere to go by complaining publically about his difficulties. It wasn't a great move.
    I think Dr. James Reilly is making exactly the same mistakes as Brian Cowen, he is a very poor communicator. At the first sign of trouble he goes to ground and leaves the dirty work to his civil servants and spin doctors.

The caption on screen named John Crown as 'John Crowne' earlier.

Hey TV3, just because Vincent spells his surname with an e at the end, doesn't mean everyone else does too :)

I think Dr. James Reilly is making exactly the same mistakes as Brian Cowen, he is a very poor communicator. At the first sign of trouble he goes to ground and leaves the dirty work to his civil servants and spin doctors.

He was communicating very well when he was looking for our votes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

anyone know when vincent is back on the show, havent watched in a few weeks

thanks

To be honest, I don't know if it is a communication problem. He just doesn't seem to be able to impose his Authority on the Health Department. It is very like 'Yes Minister' where the Civil Servants and vested interests are one step ahead of the Minister most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Some of John's Crown went missing earlier whatever way the backdrop is working tonight. TV3 working their magic as usual:rolleyes:

He was communicating very well when he was looking for our votes though.
    Ah yeah, he had plenty to say when he was in Opposition but hey, don't they all!

You would be forgiven for thinking that Micheal Martin was new politics the way he goes on these days, he is trying to distance himself from his role in the last government :mad::mad::mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Noirin hegarty has a face on her like a whipped trout. Bring back fintan.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, he had plenty to say when he was in Opposition but hey, don't they all!

You would be forgiven for thinking that Micheal Martin was new politics the way he goes on these days, he is trying to distance himself from his role in the last government :mad::mad::mad:.

None of that crowd deserve votes. We should be rid of them for many years to come. The only pity is that we seem to have got a Mk 2 variety now. Different Govt, same policies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement