Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

None of that crowd deserve votes. We should be rid of them for many years to come. The only pity is that we seem to have got a Mk 2 variety now. Different Govt, same policies.
    If there was an election in the morning, I'd really be struggling to find a party or candidate to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    If there was an election in the morning, I'd really be struggling to find a party or candidate to support.

I now have nobody to vote for either. We need a brand new party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

I now have nobody to vote for either. We need a brand new country.

FYP

Skid wrote: »
    I have sympathy for James Reilly. It is a very difficult job and he is handcuffed by the Croke Park Agreement which exempts 70% of his Budget from cuts until 2014.

On the other hand, he has left himself with nowhere to go by complaining publically about his difficulties. It wasn't a great move.

I have zero symapthy

He is a poor communicator, a poor leader and a poor businessman..... so he has found his perfect career IMO.. except he is also a poor politician

Handcuffded by the CP agreement. Gimme a fuckin break. Tear it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

D1stant wrote: »

So how would that work exactly? :rolleyes:

James Reilly cannot just unilaterally 'tear up' the Croke Park Agreement. The Government are committed to it until 2014. He has no authority to alter it and would be sacked immediately.

• Advertisement

James Reilly cannot just unilaterally 'tear up' the Croke Park Agreement. The Government are committed to it until 2014. He has no authority to alter it and would be sacked immediately.

No he doesn't. But the government does. At least he had the honesty ( political inconpetence? ) to call it the elephant in the room.

Maybe the elephant is the vast majority that accept that this cant be changed and bow their heads? Tis a legal issue you see.... unlike Oct 2008 when there was no consultation or legal fretting when the country was pawned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Where is Vinny B gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭Goose81

goz83 wrote: »
    Where is Vinny B gone?

Dunno but I doubt he will last much longer on tv3, these days he has been reduced to a bumbling moron who's sentences sound more like drunken rants.

goz83 wrote: »
    Where is Vinny B gone?
    He is on holidays, he will be returning to the show next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

MrsD007 wrote: »
    He is on holidays, he will be returning to the show next week.
    Jenny Bond is a mod now??? How'd that happen? and why wasnt i asked? and what's the pay?

• Advertisement

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Bond is a mod now??? How'd that happen? and why wasnt i asked? and what's the pay?
    Hey Art, You better behave when you're in Clare or I might have to haul you in for questioning ;):D Will you be joining us on Friday night for the LLS or will you be watching the western over on TG4?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Mary Lou had a good Summer by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Brian Hayes is on without wearing a tie tonight.

I think he is better without a tie, it makes him more casual for a weeknight.

Brian Hayes is on without wearing a tie tonight. A little unusual.
    Blame it on the FG cutbacks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lapin wrote: »
    Mary Lou had a good Summer by the looks of things.

Summer comes in a bottle or in a spray on form ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jesus christ talk about filler, are the panel going to say anything tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Finally, they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That Margaret Kennedy sounded British or at least spent the best part of her life there, plus she has been annoying me on all the broadcasts today as she kept hanging the tricolour the wrong way and she had desicrated it with blurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

calex71 wrote: »
    Summer comes in a bottle or in a spray on form ;)

Oompa loompa dickity doo.....

And no real need for any of it, now that the government have done a u turn since those interviews were recorded.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Oompa loompa dickity doo.....

The Great Wall of China and Mary Lou are the only things that can be seen from space.

Lapin wrote: »
    And no real need for any of it, now that the government have done a u turn since those interviews were recorded.

They might not have done so without the protest though. Scandalous to do it in the first place.

They might not have done so without the protest though. Scandalous to do it in the first place.

Oh of course.

Couldn't agree more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yer wan's breathing is scaring me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Jaysus Darth Vader is on tonight

Senan Maloney is fairly getting stuck into the Govt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

It's the usual ploy, do a u-turn on some of the cuts and damp down the general protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Jaysus this hegarty one has a puss on her like a battered cod. The worst of all guest presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

D1stant wrote: »

Yes he can tear it up. It's real simple: stop borrowing for a deficit position, and then tell them the way it actually is: theres no money in the account, and it's cut pay AND cut numbers. Numbers of Admin staff to get the axe, all increments stopped dead, everyone above 45k gets capped to 45k. Don't like it ? 100% cut, and there's the door. Time for CPA to get with real world.....like the rest of us.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

She's gasping? Not gasping to get her word in.

Gasping to breath with the size of the chin on her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement