Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Neeson wrote: »
    Jaysus this hegarty one has a puss on her like a battered cod. The worst of all guest presenters.

In fairness to her, she's not nearly as bad as that smug dragon one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Well said Suzy. They should keep playing that clip of Leo Varadkar's "not a red cent more to Anglo" speech, just to show up this lying, cowardly, hypocritcal excuse for a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well said Suzy. They should keep playing that clip of Leo Varadkar's "not a red cent more to Anglo" speech, just to show up this lying, cowardly, hypocritcal excuse for a government.

Not to mention the needless give away of another 600 million to bondholders this week. How many hospitals and disabled people would that look after?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

God isn't it funny that that's her favourite story!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Not to mention the needless give away of another 600 million to bondholders this week. How many hospitals and disabled people would that look after?

534252_10151374290831102_728950691_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

We give €600m and we get €2.6 bn. Seems a fair trade to me.

Plus the subsidised money to the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

God isn't it funny that that's her favourite story!
    She's gasping? Not gasping to get her word in.

Gasping to breath with the size of the chin on her.
    Jaysus this hegarty one has a puss on her like a battered cod. The worst of all guest presenters.
    Noirin hegarty has a face on her like a whipped trout. Bring back fintan.

Nearly all of your posts are critical of guests' appearances (and strangely fish-related). Please post like an adult (without slinging insults), or don't post in this thread at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Hey Art, You better behave when you're in Clare or I might have to haul you in for questioning ;):D Will you be joining us on Friday night for the LLS or will you be watching the western over on TG4?
    Em that won't involve strapping me onto a table and pointing a laser my direction, would it?

(please say yes...)

can't really handle the smug stick insect/ robot anymore, so probably not - a lot depends on the western....

Good loser wrote: »
    We give €600m and we get €2.6 bn. Seems a fair trade to me.

Plus the subsidised money to the banks.

We will be paying ALL of it back. You get nothing for nothing in this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Count Constantine returns to give us an update on how fúcked we are.

One billions, two billions, three billions!

count-the-count.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Not a good idea for Nora Hegarty to talk about cuts affecting the poor and living beyond our means while waving her hands about so we get a good view of her hands dripping with enough jewelry to feed a family of 4 for 6 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

Kurz wrote: »
    Count Constantine returns to give us an update on how fúcked we are.

One billions, two billions, three billions!

count-the-count.jpg

Boyd Barrett is on too, God help us all....

ncdadam wrote: »
    Boyd Barrett is on too, God help us all....

Which Muppet would he be?

Kermit? Look at his little face....
    Or one of the hecklers, can't think of their names...

Has to be Oscar

oscar.jpg

Kurz wrote: »
    Has to be Oscar

oscar.jpg

Sounds about right.:D

Muppet.wekia
    Oscar's mission in life is to be as miserable and grouchy as possible, and pass that feeling on to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Jesus, Richard Boyd Barrett really doesnt have a clue

Raise the corporation tax and get people back to work
    Is that not an oxymoron?

All of them

No idea who the first lad is but sure we wouldn't want to leave him out

Beaker.jpg

if fairness she isnt the worse Norin, surprisingly enough.

mind you good panel, BBB is coming across as a clueless dick, which he may well be. Mary vg, and the count, mwha (that's a kiss)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I was watching United 93 on RTE One a few minutes ago. Good Movie.

Then I descended into this and IMO it didn't look good when watching RBB.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Sponge25

Is it just me or does Vincent Brownes whinging do your head in?

I'm not saying it's not valid or anything but he seems to be very negative and depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Sponge25 wrote: »

I'm not saying it's not valid or anything but he seems to be very negative and depressing!
    Wheres Vincent?

Sponge25 wrote: »

yes, VB's whinging does, but he has other qualities. however, that wasnt him tonight. (i dont think so anyway...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

No he's off

pity RBB hung out with the loud and the dumb so much - at least i assume he has. that old fashioned check shirt working man rhetoric goes down with no one, 'cept maybe a few nutters.

me, i despise the bank and how they hoodwinked the govt into underwriting their greed driven gambling. and also hate a system which allows a private business hold the govt and its citizenry under its control - ie banks, but RBB needs to up his gamew. big time. less shout, more IQ please.

it worth putting this bit in capitals.

BANKS ARE DEEMED TO BE THE MOST VITAL ELEMENT IN A COUNTRY'S WELL-BEING. YET THEY ARE PRIVATE BUSINESSES, WHOSE OBJECTIVE IS TO MAXIMUM SHARE VALUE AND GIVE A DIVIDEND TO ITS SHAREHOLDERS. (IE MAKE A PROFIT)

SO A COUNTRY'S MOST VITAL SERVICE IS IN THE HANDS OF A PRIVATE BUSINESS.

IF THE COPS, FIREFIGHTERS/ PRISONS/ ETC WERE IN PRIVATE HANDS THERE WOULD BE UPROAR. WEIRD HUH?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

We will be paying ALL of it back. You get nothing for nothing in this world.

That's a strange, or confused, comment. You imply we shouldn't be paying back the €600m bond (we borrowed) and then that we shouldn't take the €2.6bn loan - as it will have to be repaid!!
    Do you understand that we mighten't have got the €2.6bn if we hadn't paid the €600m?
    Do you even know when the €600m bond was borrowed?

That's a strange, or confused, comment. You imply we shouldn't be paying back the €600m bond (we borrowed) and then that we shouldn't take the €2.6bn loan - as it will have to be repaid!!
    Do you understand that we mighten't have got the €2.6bn if we hadn't paid the €600m?

That €600 million bond was taken on by anglo irish bank.
    They ****ed up and now we have to pay.

That is morally wrong if nothing else.

It appears you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jaysus a motley crew tonight:mad:

Thomas Byrne
    Fionan Sheehan Fionnan Sheahan - Beaker would have to spell his name as awkwardly as Terry Prone speaks
    Liam Twomey
    Terry Prone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement