Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The people is struggling !!

That's mental, so it is. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

The Tall Poppies ... don't you just love Vinnie :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

RayM wrote: »
    I do wish she'd stop saying "that's mental".
    "The people is struggling" !!
    RayM wrote: »
    That's mental, so it is. Mental.

To to be fair to her, she is probably not used to speaking on the telly box. I reckon we mightn't be any better if we were on the show. It must be nerve wrecking enough if you are not used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

MrsD007 wrote: »
    To to be fair to her, she is probably not used to speaking on the telly box, I reckon we mightn't be any better if we were on the show. It must be nerve wrecking enough if you are not used to it.

Yes, I'm being unkind. I'd be a mumbling, trembling mess and would probably forget to breathe for the duration of the show.

I should add that she's infinitely more eloquent than at least two former Taoisigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Lapin wrote: »
    The Peoples front of Judea.

Or should that be the Judean Peoples Front ?

;)

SPLITTERS

• Advertisement

Tony Williams (Solicitor) is dressed like a head boy. Vinny on the other hand is wearing a really nice suit this evening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The topic tonight is televising the court sittings in Ireland.

A new topic here, however, this has already been done in the UK.

I understand the Sky News website provided coverage to the UK supreme court. Has that stopped now?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,707 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Are we going to get our own Judge Judy?

She really knows how to cut through the crap and get to the core of an issue. It is a shame she wasn't presiding over our tribunals, she would have saved us a fortune :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

We already have her. Check out Portlaoise DC any Thursday or Friday.

• Advertisement

Yvonne Daly has some pair of arms on her. I wonder is she into weightlifting? Nice looking lady though.

Shane Coleman looks like he is wearing his Confirmation suit :eek:

I think the concerns around witnesses "starring" in big cases is legit.

Eoghan loves the sound of his own voice :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

2 and a half times more time devoted to religion that to science in primary school's in Ireland :eek:

woodoo wrote: »
    2 and a half times more time devoted to religion that to science in primary school's in Ireland :eek:
    Most of our primary schools are under the patronage of the Catholic Church so I presume that's the reason why 10% of school time is spent on religion.

On that topic that they were on about just there now, the bankers owe an explanation to every man, woman and child in this country and all these people wont all fit in a courtroom so yes i think that certain cases should be televised such as that one which concerns huge public interest.

The whole celebrity argument the lad on the far right of the table made is totally ridiculous and as for protecting the jurors sure the people currently on jury's run the same risk of going home to find their other half, etc reading about the case on the daily papers that they are sitting on the jury of. Nor is our friend really concerned with the poor man in the dock not getting a fair trial because if people could view it on tv rather than read about it in the newspapers, internet etc then they will have all the facts as opposed to second hand sensationalism. Bang goes that argument. Same as for his argument about the risk of the trial losing integrity and becoming more about the suits, lawyers are wearing etc. Please try harder my good man

Browne let him off far too easy in my opinion. The main reason this guy doesn't want trials, cases, etc, to be televised is because it might highlight the little inconsistencies in the final judgements that are made by our great overpaid boys with the wigs and hammers.

His arguments against televising cases had absolutely no legs whatsoever and were a cop out and while Vincent counter-argued him a sharper host would have roasted him.

Ireland needs transparency more than ever and personally i would be all on for televising court cases and trials. The pro's far outweigh the cons which to be honest are not really cons but incredibly petty arguments

The big deal made about religion in my school was unreal and it not even an exam subject (or at least in my school back in 2001 anyhow)

Schools really have their priorities all wrong. Their task is to develop our skills for the working world and that means keeping their ears to the ground and being aware themselves of where the future of jobs lie in the big bad world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

The big deal made about religion in my school was unreal and it not even an exam subject (or at least in my school back in 2001 anyhow)

Schools really have their priorities all wrong. Their task is to develop our skills for the working world and that means keeping their ears to the ground and being aware themselves of where the future of jobs lie in the big bad world.
    I wouldn't agree on you about the schools priority being to develop your skills for the workplace, that should be mostly for third level.
    A schools job should be to prepare you for life and how to cope with it and how to progress. Of course a lot of this will have relavence to the workplace having a good broad range of skills.
    10% on religion is a load of bollox and Im presuming that its mostly catholic religion. Question, does it go into the history of religion.

Awful, awful shirt Vinnie. I wouldn't wear it to a dog fight (if I was ever going to a dog fight).

• Advertisement

Awful, awful shirt Vinnie. I wouldn't wear it to a dog fight (if I was ever going to a dog fight).
    Good Evening!

Vinny is going for the pink J-Cloth look :D

3190020.jpg

Good Evening!

Vinny is going for the pink J-Cloth look :D

3190020.jpg

Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I reckon he borrowed that from Peter Matthews.

Brilliant.
    The German lad's shirt is pretty yucky and I'm not very keen on Pascal's tie either :eek: Gok Wan would have his work cut out for him with this panel :D

The German lad's shirt is pretty yucky and I'm not very keen on Pascal's tie either :eek: Gok Wan would have his work cut out for him with this panel :D

It goes to show the lack of interest in the discussion.
    Does your wan look a bit like Angelina Jolie might look in 15 years time?

It goes to show the lack of interest in the discussion.
    Does your wan look a bit like Angelina Jolie might look in 15 years time?
    lol :D, I'm bored rigid by the discussion this evening. I'm hanging in there so I can hear all about the new iPhone 5. I really wish Vinny would give more time over the newspapers too, he is always rushing through them :(

That girl is very pretty alright but I'd say she is younger than Angelina (37) ;)

lol :D, I'm bored rigid by the discussion this evening. I'm hanging in there so I can hear all about the new iPhone 5. I really wish Vinny would give more time over the newspapers too, he is always rushing through them :(

That girl is very pretty alright but I'd say she is younger than Angelina (37) ;)

That phone is 18% slimmer. Looks nice.

Yipee!!!

Downton Abbey is back next Wednesday, I can't wait :)

That phone is 18% slimmer. Looks nice.
    I only got an iPhone 4 a few months ago so I won't be changing again for a while :(

• Advertisement

I only got an iPhone 4 a few months ago so I won't be changing again for a while :(

Might get this one. Screen only 4" though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement