Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

"Android is more open".
    I like that German fella even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I rarely agree with Paschal Donohue but I wish they would decide on a location for the National Children's Hospital and get on with building it !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,707 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I rarely agree with Paschal Donohue but I wish they would decide on a location for the National Children's Hospital and get on with building it !

I wonder if the money has indeed been put away for this project. Hope it's not squandered.

I wonder if the money has indeed been put away for this project. Hope it's not squandered.
    This is how the new hospital will be financed.
    20. WHAT IS THE COST OF THE NEW CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OF IRELAND?

The total capital cost of the new Children's Hospital of Ireland at Eccles Street, and the A&UCC in Tallaght, is estimated at €650M, which is €100M less than planned 18 months ago. This is primarily due to the current market conditions and progression of the designs. This capital cost includes facilities funded through non-HSE or Exchequer funding streams.

21. HOW WILL THE NEW CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL OF IRELAND BE FUNDED?

€400M has been allocated by the Exchequer through the HSE Capital Development Plan. €50M is also being provided by the HSE for the development of the A&UCC in Tallaght.

Breakdown of funding & sources:

Source Cost - € millions % of total capital cost

Exchequer - 400 million (61.5%)
    HSE /A&UCC - 50 million (7.7%)
    Car park, research, education, hospital school, retail units, private clinics 90 million - (13.8%)
    Philanthropy, fundraising, financing - 110 million (17%)

As with all other hospitals, car park, research, education, retail units and private clinics are funded from sources other than the HSE or the Exchequer.

Internationally, all children's hospital building projects run a capital campaign attaching philanthropic funding to enhance the hospital's facilities. The three children's hospitals in Dublin have successfully attached funding for capital projects in their hospitals. The Development Board will run a capital campaign to attract philanthropic funding for the new children's hospital.

http://www.newchildrenshospital.ie/index.cfm/page/faq1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Good loser

Vincent loves his democracy and the way the Germans run their parliament.

But if that same parliament blocks our rescue money might he revise his opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ncdadam

Might get this one. Screen only 4" though.

You can't be splashing out on iPhones tayto. The PT crowd won't be happy....
    Still, gonna get that one myself when it's out, got my upgrade set up already:p

ncdadam wrote: »
    You can't be splashing out on iPhones tayto. The PT crowd won't be happy....
    Still, gonna get that one myself when it's out, got my upgrade set up already:p

We'll be able to answer them twice as quick.

Good Evening All :)

I'm not a fan of Leo Varadkar at all but I will give him credit for being one of the few FG Government Ministers who has the b@lls to appear on the show.

Just switched over. Who is the guy on the left?

Just switched over. Who is the guy on the left?
    John McHale, Chairman, Irish Fiscal Advisory Council.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

VB should mention to Boy Barrett that Europes richest person has applied for Belgium citizenship because France has imposed a 75% tax rate on the rich.

VB should mention to Boy Barrett that Europes richest person has applied for Belgium citizenship because France has imposed a 75% tax rate on the rich.

They will be better off without him too. Why shouldn't the people who can afford to pay not be taxed? They are fast enough raising mine and I can't afford it.

John McHale, Chairman, Irish Fiscal Advisory Council.

These so-called economists should not get air time. Where were they with their predictions from 2000 to 2007? They should all have been sacked.

They will be better off without him too. Why shouldn't the people who can afford to pay not be taxed? They are fast enough raising mine and I can't afford it.
    I agree with you to a point, but a 75% tax rate is just ridiculous :eek: There has to be some incentive for entrepreneurs otherwise they just feck off and become tax exiles :mad:

These so-called economists should not get air time. Where were they with their predictions from 2000 to 2007? They should all have been sacked.
    With the exception of Morgan Kelly, George Lee and maybe a couple of others but no one wanted to listen to their less than cheery message at the time.

I agree with you to a point, but a 75% tax rate is just ridiculous :eek: There has to be some incentive for entrepreneurs otherwise they just feck off and become tax exiles :mad:

Maybe but where is the incentive for the ordinary worker who is left with nothing at all? The report from the League of Credit Unions was conveniently ignored.

With the exception of Morgan Kelly, George Lee and maybe a couple of others but no one wanted to listen to their less than cheery message at the time.
    And they are still not listening to Morgan Kelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Have to say I'm disappointed in Rosanna Davisson... I would have expected a lot more of the daughter of Chris De Burgh..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

And they are still not listening to Morgan Kelly.

Gets no airtime at all now, same as McWilliams.
    instead that "great" government cheerleader Jim "soft landing" Power is rolled out on a weekly basis. God help those who listened to him circa 2005 :mad:

Rosanna's career should have really taken off after winning Miss World but it never did for some strange reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

washman3 wrote: »
    Gets no airtime at all now, same as McWilliams.

tbh, I think this is more down to his reluctance to appear on panels, rather than him not being asked... Or maybe he just enjoys sitting back and laughing at Jim Power..

Jesus who's the cute psychic

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have to say I'm disappointed in Rosanna Davisson... I would have expected a lot more of the daughter of Chris De Burgh..

I agree. I mean they aren't that big at all;)

vicwatson wrote: »
    I agree. I mean they aren't that big at all;)

Ye her career is really "taking off".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Rosanna's career should have really taken off after winning Miss World but it never did for some strange reason.
    Not a chance.

How many Miss Worlds could anyone name without the use of google??

Vinny has a panel on to discuss Michael O'Kane's suspension from his position as Editor of the Irish Daily Star for publishing the Kate Middleton pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

It would be interesting to know if The Star's sales went up (or down) significantly on Saturday.

I think it was poor judgement to publish the photographs. It looks like the Editor might be sacked, in order to save the Paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Could someone tweet in and ask Vincent not to mention bare-breasted again. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Is that Una Mulalley?

Lumbo wrote: »
    Is that Una Mulalley?

yep.

• Advertisement

They have gone off topic, Vincent. Get stuck into them - this is meant to be about Kate Middleton.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement