Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Skid wrote: »
    It is more complicated than that. Pro-Life views extend far beyond members of the Catholic Church. And many agnostics and atheists would class themselves as anti-choice.

And to be fair to Enda Kenny, he has spoken out against the Catholic Church in the past.

Sure his advisers wrote that for him. Convinced him it would be a good way to convince people that he wasn't a nonentity. I wonder does he still remember what he said? Certainly didn't appear to even know where he was that time he was trying out his new iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

While the prayer said at the start of business in the Dail and Seanad is a Christian prayer it is not exclusively a Roman Catholic prayer.

(Direct, we beseech Thee, O Lord, our actions by Thy holy inspirations and carry them on by Thy gracious assistance; that every word and work of ours may always begin from Thee, and by Thee be happily ended; through Christ our Lord. Amen.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There should be no prayer at all regardless of faith.

Our bull**** divorce rules.

Well, as divorce is contrary to the laws of the RC Church and as we have, in fact got civil divorce in this country, the RC Church does not appear to have had much influence in this area.

Bodhran wrote: »
    Well, as divorce is contrary to the laws of the RC Church and as we have, in fact got civil divorce in this country, the RC Church does not appear to have had much influence in this area.
    They have influence at the ballot box. The catholic church directs its followers through its churches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Enda is in hiding.

The only time I see him is climbing C/Patrick.......:mad:

Would be great craic if he got to the top of it one day and Vincent was waiting at the top with a microphone.

mikom wrote: »
    Would be great craic if he got to the top of it one day and Vincent was waiting at the top with a microphone.
    I would pay good money to see that.

There should be no prayer at all regardless of faith.

Well that's a different argument entirely. You were saying that the (Roman Catholic) church had too much influence over government and instanced the fact that a prayer was recited in the Dail. I was just making the point that the prayer wasn't exclusively a catholic prayer but a Christian one. There is very little evidence that the RC church exercises any influence over government - certain nothing like the extent it exercised control in the time of Archbishop John Charles McQuaid.

They have influence at the ballot box. The catholic church directs its followers through its churches.

But that is not the same as influencing government. Any church is entitled to direct or instruct its followers in relations to matters about which it has particular rules e.g. marriage, abortion, divorce etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

There's no right winger on tonight - meaning less entertainment.

I wouldn't be surprised if James Reily steps down over this.

An Irish politician falling on his sword? That'll be the ****in day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Vinny has invited members of the Opposition parties into the studio to put forward their budget proposals.

This is a right fairy story from SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He never said " .. and they all lived happily ever after".

Look at the state of Jim 'Soft Landing' Power, I suppose I shouldn't slag him off for doing his bit for Movember but a tache doesn't suit him :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

This is a right fairy story from SF.
    Grizzly Adams seems to favour fairy-tales too. Trouble is, he expects us to believe them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Look at the state of Jim 'Soft Landing' Power, I suppose I shouldn't slag him off for doing his bit for Movember but a tache doesn't suit him :eek:

That's not for Movember. That's actually a disguise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Poor offering when he's had a month to grow it. He's no Willie O'Dea!

Sell your expensive houses!

Poor offering when he's had a month to grow it. He's no Willie O'Dea!
    I'd imagine if Pearse started not he could have a tache by 10am tomorrow :D

Pearse is a good talker and has a good presence for t.v. in fairness.
    He comes across very well.

• Advertisement

Pearse is a good talker and has a good presence for t.v. in fairness.
    He comes across very well.
    Certainly no complaints here, he is the other Mr. D in my life :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Certainly no complaints here, he is the other Mr. D in my life :pac::pac::pac::pac:

God i'm so sick of men on this show being objectified. :pac: :p

God i'm so sick of men on this show being objectified. :pac: :p

You remind me of this lad ;)
    j3.gif

The two lads are obviously pissed at each other over the suits.

Token female silent so far.

Pearse, Please say 'sit-e-ation' and I'll go to bed happy :D

Bling Bling!

Token female silent so far.

Wait for it ....

Vaccinated with a gramophone needle.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Funnily enough, I like Pearse Doherty. But why the fcuk is he with the Shinners?

• Advertisement

"don't interrupt me please".
    WTF.
    Is Power going through a mid-life crisis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement