Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

This guy is the future of FG. :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

The Fine Gaeler should really have checked who else was on the panel tonight.

He has been ambushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Mings beard is looking the muts nuts, Peter Marks?

lol at Vincent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

None of these left wing crowd take any of the blame for the fact that their unions drove wages/pay/conditions through the roof discouraging any foreign investment .... and also pushed to drive welfare bill through the roof

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

The new James Reilly, Paschal seems to have totally replaced Reilly who lived on the show before the election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Red Right Hand

You mean Ming? Well they put Gay forward as presidential candidate. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

I think Gay Mitchell's presidential campaign is a good indicator of the future of Fine Gael rather than this speech-impeded 21 year old backbencher that they seem to send off to do the media circuit every week.

None of these left wing crowd take any of the blame for the fact that their unions drove wages/pay/conditions through the roof discouraging any foreign investment .... and also pushed to drive welfare bill through the roof

Notice how Ming says the presidential candidates should tell the truth in that they cannot do anything, then he goes on about how politicians should give us numbers of the jobs they will be able to create. :rolleyes:

Imagine a President Claire Daly :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Vincent has decided to not take any of this seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

none of them admit that life under thier policys would leave people on wellfare and wages , on a lot less , it would of course create more equality but it would be east germany circa 1970,s equality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I agree with you that the problem is the man has a serious likeability problem... But why did FG have to limit their options to Pat Fox (who would have been annihilated for his arrogance and his FF links) and the Gay Mitchell, the grumpiest man since Van Morrison..

It really is a huge pity for them that Bruton didnt want it.. I reckon he would have had a good shot...

He is a new name to me, but with three All Stars and Two All Irelands, I am sure he would be doing better than Gay Mitchell :pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Fox
    Pat Fox (born 8 July 1962) is a former Irish sportsperson. He played hurling with his local club Éire Óg] Anacarty and with the Tipperary senior inter-county team in the 1980s and 1990s.[1]

Imagine Claire and Paschal's love child. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Min wrote: »

might get her shill face and voice of the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Callan57 wrote: »
    You might not laugh so loud if you were without Electricity for a week or two

Teresa Treacy protecting what's hers isn't going to leave anyone without electricity, let's not exaggerate here

Imagine Claire and Paschal's love child. :eek:

:pac:

It would be one confused child.

Skid wrote: »
    He is a new name to me, but with three All Stars and Two All Irelands, I am sure he would be doing better than Gay Mitchell :pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Fox

Just two All Irelands.... chuckles :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Instead of the Queen of England and Barak Obama we'd be inviting Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.

Gay Mitchell's five point plan.

Point one, dye hair so people stop calling him Grey Mitchell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Nice one Ming with Kenny's nose :pac:

I thought it was an incredibly unfunny stupid analogy

That's twice today Skid... I'm sorry.. I've had to go for the nuclear option..

peopleidontlike.png

You might remember I've only kept the triple underline for one other person..

That's twice today Skid... I'm sorry.. I've had to go for the nuclear option..

peopleidontlike.png

You might remember I've only kept the triple underline for one other person..

I thought Jim Power only had two lines ? Eek :(

I paused before posting and thought ... 'I am going to regret this'.

Then I thought,'Feck it. As long as you keep feeding me this material, It would be a crime not to use it' :pac:

Loving your work really, Jonny, as you know.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I thought it was an incredibly unfunny stupid analogy
    :pac: fiannagaileralert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Ahern let that happen. Name the guilty man. He could have faced them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

finally got around to watching the presidential debate and the shows afterwards.

god its funny to see how practically everything colleran said was wrong !

:):):)

to waffle on that much about gay mitchell, big up his preformance in his papers headline the next day, and THEN see the bloke get 9% in the poll was like something you'd have to script in a movie !

i thought the debate itself was a hell of alot more fun than the LLS one and as others have said the real winner was Vinny himself as he practically LAID into all of em at some point. he was the first guy to actually hit micheal D with that question on the tax amnesty and the bloke got ratty for once. he's been getting a virtual free pass in the media so it was nice to see someone get set into him for once, no to mention the bizarre sight of him standing on a box !

but the two events of the night were the pyramid of books he produced on McGuinness and the crucifixtion of norris.

it was interesting to see the way they panned out too. McGuiness to me seemed very stiff up to that point and in a moment that really couldve bunched his chances he seemed to come to life on the back of it. even joking with gay at the end. but poor norris got hammered. it just seemed to go on for ages with no real answers. surprising as in the show afterward he said norris KNEW he'd been onto the isreali lawyers as he'd let it slip to him before the show. that immovable smile looked terrible by the end. of all the guests he came off the worst to me.

the show did lapse into chaos at times but more often than not it was fun and with the show getting 820k viewers im betting TV3 will be happy with the result.

the show with ming was great craic, good god he got up paschals nose and the lad was all over the place desperatly tryng to say his backing of gay wasnt anything other than a massive disaster.

i was really hoping claire would get him to take that bet about gay coming in fifth as its something ive been feeling for ages too and i cant help all these attacks on dana at the moment are just attempts to assure gay doesnt come in LAST.

the look on pascals face when she said fifth was just priceless. it annoyed him almost as much as ming using the word LIAR .

and for once vinny just sat back and let them at it.

great to see the show back on form. ive been letting episodes slip by lately but im glad i streamed these ones and cant wait for mon to see what he does next

roll on the new clips by mario

:)

god its funny to see how practically everything colleran said was wrong !

I really dont know why they had Ger Colleran on the show.. He's vehemently anti Sinn Féin, and no matter what McGuinness had said in the debate, he would still bring the same agenda... Also Mary Louise O'Donnell was appointed to the Senate to Enda Kenny, having sung his praises before and after the election.. So she would certainly have an FG bias.. I dont understand why two such impartial people would be brought on the show to give objective analysis of the Presidential debate...

I think I saw a different side to Ursula Halligan as well.. She was in an oddly pensive, emotional mood.. that night.. But her analysis was pretty much spot on ... And I do agree the Vincent Brown debate was far more entertaining and insightful than the Tubridy "debate"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Wonder will VB ask Howlin to name the Ministers dragging their feet on cuts.

Just switched on, they are discussing the forthcoming referenda.

Mick Wallace TD is on the panel, surprisingly, after his Court defeat today.

• Advertisement

Mick Wallace TD is on the panel, surprisingly, after his Court defeat today.

He introduced him as "Michael Wallace"... not sure if he's trying to distance himself from Wallace now that he's in trouble... I actually feel very sorry for Mick, he's a really decent guy..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement