Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 snails_pace

Audience very skewed, seems to be only working class people on benefits and none with jobs or on the other side wealthier commentators, what about some working class people with regular jobs and middle class people with modest incomes to ie people I know or meet everyday? Very odd.

the media in this country secretly despises the working stiffs in the centre , the ultra rich can buy all the influence they need from politicans or anyone else

the poor have the left wing media who never tire of hardship cases

the hated middle class have no voice

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Or be let die in a hospital while pregnant:rolleyes:

Not an economic issue, and doctors can get things wrong in any hospital all over the world.

There's your :rolleyes: back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Considering the day that was in it, tonight's show was a bit shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Yeah, Vinnie looked like he was going through the motions for some reason, no real fight in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Agreed, people who think they are owed living by the state are not a good cross section of society to provide a balanced debate.

• Advertisement

Very annoyed at someone coming on a national tv show and saying a huge lie like half of Irish workers are employed by multinationals shes at least 50% out, you'd think they could have got someone more competent than her.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agreed, people who think they are owed living by the state are not a good cross section of society to provide a balanced debate.

yet this section of society features in media reports far more than anyone else , the silent majority in the middle are largely ignored with the exception of the pensioners who even they were very wealthy while working , are deemed poverty stricken once they hit 66 - 70

Not so much the "owed a living by the State" line, just that Vinnie's focus was far too narrow tonight.

Very annoyed at someone coming on a national tv show and saying a huge lie like half of Irish workers are employed by multinationals shes at least 50% out, you'd think they could have got someone more competent than her.

she,s usually very good , patricia callan , farmers daughter from delvin co westmeath

vinnie put her off with his endless number of loaded questions

Typical of the representatives you'd see from IBEC, ISME, SFA etc. They make up the figures to suit their agenda.

• Advertisement

Not so much the "owed a living by the State" line, just that Vinnie's focus was far too narrow tonight.

Also when your woman said that US tax was 90% in the early 50's he said "what was wrong with that ,they were still a wealthy country?" Thats bonkers talk, sometimes I think he's losing it, 50 - 55% on earnings over 50K for a single person is fair I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Maybe your means are better and you don't have children that rely on you to provide for them?

I've never had children I can't afford.
    And I do have my own income. Because I work.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Going off topic

Question for you Rodin

Did you get your username from Rodin, the sculptor?

Yes

Rodin wrote: »
    I've never had children I can't afford.
    And I do have my own income. Because I work.

I just mean that its admirable of her going back to full time education to better herself, people like that with children should be supported by the state in doing that.

Go to a country like Liberia where there are no hospitals to treat a broken le, that's my point.

I think the flight would probably give me a DVT

Good Lord Harry, Nanci is about 20 years older than Patricia :eek:
    Ah, I mean when Nanci first became famous MrsD :D

Nanci+Griffith.jpg

Nanci Griffith or Patricia Callan?? :confused:

I just mean that its admirable of her going back to full time education to better herself, people like that with children should be supported by the state in doing that.

I'm also trying to better myself, but I've to pay for it out of my own pocket, as well as pay for hers and others like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

Isn't there a rule of thumb which estimates that each job created by a multinational, [or indeed any employer] creates at least one other job down-line?

Overall Vinnie is better in the studio when he can be a dictator over a small panel, Pat Kenny is much better at dealing with bigger audience type deals like tonight.

Also when your woman said that US tax was 90% in the early 50's he said "what was wrong with that ,they were still a wealthy country?" Thats bonkers talk, sometimes I think he's losing it, 50 - 55% on earnings over 50K for a single person is fair I would say.

that period of american history was an anomoly

europe was in tatters after WW2 and japan was not much better , no other economies were anyway relevant , america was always going to boom regardless of their tax rate , was akin to the industrial revolution in britain two hundred years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Rodin wrote: »
    Yes
    I've been to Musée Rodin lots of times, it is one of my favourite places to visit in Paris.

Nanci+Griffith.jpg

Wow! that is unreal, they are so alike!

Is that real or did you photoshop it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Typical of the representatives you'd see from IBEC, ISME, SFA etc. They make up the figures to suit their agenda.

Not fair and not correct.

The usual whingefest from Vinnie after a budget. See how pleased he was to turn from the complainers with 'do you think that's fair?' Why not the neutral 'what do you say to that?'

He never returned the compliment.

The real question of course should have been 'We have 10 social welfare cuts/changes proposed; which 5 do you favour?'

I've been to Musée Rodin lots of times, it is one of my favourite places to visit in Paris.

Never been. I just like my silent n's. ;)

Wow! that is unreal, they are so alike!

Is that real or did you photoshop it? :D

I can't afford Photoshop! :D

Isn't there a rule of thumb which estimates that each job created by a multinational, [or indeed any employer] creates at least one other job down-line?

"Employment in foreign-owned multinationals accounts for about 9.5% of private sector employment in Ireland"

Feb 2009 figures from here:
    http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/eiro/studies/tn0904049s/ie0904049q.htm

Your one was a million miles off by anyones standards:

Nanci+Griffith.jpg

PatriciaCallanSFA.jpg

Harry, the trip to Vision Express did you good ;)

she,s usually very good , patricia callan , farmers daughter from delvin co westmeath

vinnie put her off with his endless number of loaded questions

I don't care if she's the Queen of Sheba's daughter, she's a dingbat.

Good loser wrote: »
    Not fair and not correct.

The usual whingefest from Vinnie after a budget. See how pleased he was to turn from the complainers with 'do you think that's fair?' Why not the neutral 'what do you say to that?'

He never returned the compliment.

The real question of course should have been 'We have 10 social welfare cuts/changes proposed; which 5 do you favour?'

Well, if you were to believe the people in IBEC etc, social welfare rates should be cut to shreds cos they reckon everyone on welfare is on the gravy train, yet a recent ESRI report found that the vast majority of people on welfare would be financially better off if they were in employment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

superior ones to here but in sweeden everyone pays a significant chunk of tax , here those earning below thirty thousand pay bugger all

So you think we pay bugger all tax then do you?

Maybe we pay less tax because we earn a lot less than the likes of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement