Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Well, if you were to believe the people in IBEC etc, social welfare rates should be cut to shreds cos they reckon everyone on welfare is on the gravy train, yet a recent ESRI report found that the vast majority of people on welfare would be financially better off if they were in employment.

Damn straight, too many people listening to the eejits that Paddy O Gormon interviews on the PK show and thinking everyone on the dole are spending all their money in pubs and going on holidays from money they get off the "Community Welfare Officer".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well, if you were to believe the people in IBEC etc, social welfare rates should be cut to shreds cos they reckon everyone on welfare is on the gravy train, yet a recent ESRI report found that the vast majority of people on welfare would be financially better off if they were in employment.

Depends which revision of that particular report you choose to believe, Harry...

From The Irish Times Website: ESRI withdraws living costs report
    A study on the cost of going to work which suggested that up to 44 per cent of people with children would be better off on the dole has been withdrawn by the Economic and Social Research Institute.

The institute tonight issued a statement stating the document had been issued as a “work-in-progress document” on May 22nd and that it should “not be regarded as an ESRI report”. The "unprecedented" step had been taken because of concern the public might be "misled" by the content.

So there are two points:
    i) Harry got the second revision of the report.. :)
    ii) The ESRI are a puppet of the Government and have zero credibility..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not an economic issue, and doctors can get things wrong in any hospital all over the world.

There's your :rolleyes: back.

So can politicians who promise to keep hospitals like Roscommon open while they seek votes and then close them when elected.
    Now maybe that's an economic issue ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No FG or Labour minister on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Pearse Doherty SF (Yipee!), Liam Twomey FG and Stephen Donnelly Ind TD will discuss yesterday's budget with Vinny.

• Advertisement

Liam Twomey is FG.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Liam Twomey is FG.

It is along time since a FG and Labour Minister appeared on the show, they were hardly going to appear on so soon after the budget. They're far too gutless for that!

Brave FG man coming on tonight. He's on a hiding to nothing.
    He hasn't a chance up against Pearse and Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Twomey is a lilly livered lettuce leaf and I hope he gets hammered between Pearse Doherty and Stephen Donnelly.

Twomey is cat and has done absolutely NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH for Wexford, absolutely nothing, not even Rosslare where he has his GP practice.

He is a waste of a politician.

• Advertisement

Brave FG man coming on tonight. He's on a hiding to nothing.
    He hasn't a chance up against Pearse, Stephen and Vinny.

F.Y.P ;)

It is along time since a FG and Labour Minister appeared on the show, they were hardly going to appear on so soon after the budget. They're far too gutless for that!

Nice spelling correction there Mrs :D

vicwatson wrote: »
    Twomey is a lilly livered lettuce leaf and I hope he gets hammered between Pearse Doherty and Stephen Donnelly.

Twomey is cat and has done absolutely NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH for Wexford, absolutely nothing, not even Rosslare where he has his GP practice.

You mean Reilly didn't give him a Primary Care Centre :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Plus Twomey was voted in as an independent and because he was an independent and what did he do - jump ship into party politics and Fine Gael - like that was never the plan.

A waste of a seat for Wexford in Dail Eireann.

Then again, it's a bit like Howlin, Kehoe, Wallace etc etc, all muck and have done nothing for Wexford.

I could listen to Pearse Doherty's accent all day and all night, what a sexy accent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pearse is looking more and more like Danny Dyer every day.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Pearse is looking more and more like Danny Dyer every day.
    No, he is not :mad: Pearse is gorgeous ;)

Plus Twomey was voted in as an independent and because he was an independent and what did he do - jump ship into party politics and Fine Gael - like that was never the plan.

A waste of a seat for Wexford in Dail Eireann.

Then again, it's a bit like Howlin, Kehoe, Wallace etc etc, all muck and have done nothing for Wexford.

I don't think I've seen Kehoe giving one interview.

Jimmy Denihan is another that has effectively escaped any media interviews.

F.G. the party of the wealthy. Well said Pearse.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 door_knob

He's a GP , comes across as a dope

• Advertisement

door_knob wrote: »
    I give him credit for appearing on the programme, his leader hasn't had the guts to do it to date.

door_knob wrote: »

FG's Martin Manseragh.

FG's Martin Manseragh.
    Ah no, Manseragh was pretty funny, he was a loose cannon, he could say anything :D

I could listen to Pearse Doherty's accent all day and all night, what a sexy accent :D

I'd say you have all of wee Daniel's C.D.'s.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

do the government parties have an unofficial boycott of vincent's show? i mean sending Twomey out is taking the piss. he has no stature within FG

he was on the other day as well

I'd say you have all of wee Daniel's C.D.'s.:)
    A feck off Tayto, I'm not a fan of wee Daniel's music, he is a bit too nicey nice for me, but I do like Mr. Doherty ;)

A feck off Tayto, I'm not a fan of wee Daniel's music, he is a bit too nicey nice for me, but I do like Mr. Doherty ;)

:D:D:D:D

It's never HIS music anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Stephen Donnelly and 'Alice in Wonderland'

That's what Seamus Coffey thinks of HIS policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Mansergh was an eejit, but entertaining. Guess which one of those descriptions apply to Twomey?

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D

It's never HIS music anyway.
    I just love the way Pearse says Dáil Doll :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement