Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Skid wrote: »
    Just switched on, they are discussing the forthcoming referenda.

Funny vox pop recently on Damien Kiberd's radio show asking about a dozen people if they knew anything about the upcoming referenda.
    Not one knew what they were about. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Funny vox pop recently on Damien Kiberd's radio show asking about a dozen people if they knew anything about the upcoming referenda.
    Not one knew what they were about. :)

It is an unsatisfying way of doing business ... slipping in Referenda on the same day as an Election.

I suppose it saves a few quid, but the rights and wrongs of each vote have hardly been mentioned in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Howlin is in odd form tonight.. It's been so long since he was on any show, I had to think to try to remember exactly what his position was ... Very confident in confronting Vincent all the same, and caught Vincent out..

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Dunno about that Skid. The judge's pay referendum got quite some airing in the media. Opinion polls returned the most unequivocal verdict on that: 94% are in favour of pay reductions. Few other referenda have had that kind of consensus so far ahead of a vote. Then Susan Denham became Chief Justice, and reversed the line her colleagues had been towing, and said she had no problem with the referendum so it dropped out of the news cycle.

The second referendum, the so-called 'Abbeylara' referendum, however, has not been pondered that deeply. Vincenzo's doing a good job tonight of explaining how the executive could pack the oversight committees and convene a McCarthyist style star-chamber.

Howlin's been very weak on this. Did I hear him say you don't need the facilities of legal counsel if you're telling the truth? Feck off! I wouldn't trust myself to be found not guilty of murder given the way some people can manipulate testimony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Minister for Streamlined Government isnt he?

• Advertisement

oh and guess who's back manning the twitter machine tonight lads...

161959_106231236092600_3375441_n.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Howlin is in odd form tonight.. It's been so long since he was on any show, I had to think to try to remember exactly what his position was ... Very confident in confronting Vincent all the same, and caught Vincent out..

Vincent is getting all riled up about this in the same way he did with Pat Rabitte. He seems to have a bee in his bonnet for some reason.

Mick seems to be the one who is in odd form IMO, well maybe not, considering the day he just had...

If Vincent were Dana, he'd be thumping this at every public outing:
    http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bundesrecht/gg/gesamt.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Cassie is on...cue sleazy aul fela responses on here.

Plautus wrote: »
    Dunno about that Skid. The judge's pay referendum got quite some airing in the media. Opinion polls returned the most unequivocal verdict on that: 94% are in favour of pay reductions. Few other referenda have had that kind of consensus so far ahead of a vote. Then Susan Denham became Chief Justice, and reversed the line her colleagues had been towing, and said she had no problem with the referendum so the thing dropped out of the news cycle.

The second referendum, the so-called 'Abbeylara' referendum, however, has not been pondered that deeply. Vincenzo's doing a good job tonight of explaining how the executive could pack the oversight committees and convene a McCarthyist style star-chamber.

Howlin's been very weak on this. Did I hear him say you don't need the facilities of legal counsel if you're telling the truth? Feck off! I wouldn't trust myself not to be found not guilty of murder given the way some people can manipulate testimony.

Yeah, It is the 'Abbeylara' referendum I would be concerned about, rather than the Judges pay.

It just seems like bad, ill-considered law which will blow up in time to come, for the reasons you mentioned.

Also - that advert/information film about the referenda which ends with the woman ordering Ice-cream - Eh, what? :eek:

CASSIE IS BACK :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

oh and guess who's back manning the twitter machine tonight lads...

161959_106231236092600_3375441_n.jpg

Is she American/Canadian?

Pordable for twidder. :pac:
    Only joking, Cassie's great.

30% bigger ... Holy God!

Forget about the Three Player.. I just wanna look at Cassie..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Cassie is on...cue sleazy aul fela responses on here.

Phwoar! There's a woman on the telly.

etc...

Wouldn't mind him devoting a show to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Nama was established by crooks to help crooks.
    The more I watch VB, the more I fantasise of emigrating

Howlin has really honed his "what can i do about it" look.

Elaine Byrne, presumably in response to the return of Cassie (:pac:) tweets:
    Anybody else think that #vinb can be sexist and particularly condensing (sic) to female contributors?

Her and Vinny are having a tiff, aren't they? I seem to recall they fell out when she pulled him up on how he cut through the bull**** with Haughey but wouldn't with Michael Lowry.

Her and Vinny are having a tiff, aren't they?

She got Dunphy's back up on Sunday by tweeting something about him as well.. She'd want to shut down her twitter account or she'll never get asked to appear on a panel show again..

• Advertisement

Elaine Byrne, presumably in response to the return of Cassie (:pac:) tweets:

Her and Vinny are having a tiff, aren't they?

An indirect bitch about Cassie looking way hotter than her.

She got Dunphy's back up on Sunday by tweeting something about him as well.. She'd want to shut down her twitter account or she'll never get asked to appear on a panel show again..

I was thinking that. Surely it would only make sense to be publicly burning bridges like this if you knew already that Vincent et al. won't be having you back?

Cassie, are you worried about NAMA or how you'll deal with 30% extra Vincent? :pac:

Mick Wallace should ask Cassie about Hair care - he could do with a few tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Jesus, I heard it all now. Howlin a cabinet minister and in charge of public sector reform has no idea how much the jobs for the boys brigade in the NTMA and NAMA are being paid. This place will never change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Vincent needs to get Cassie back, there's potential for some Adrian Chiles / Christine Bleakley style 'would she actually do it' on-screen chemistry here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Low point for Vinnie. Now lets ask the dumb blonde what she thinks about Nama and we'll all have a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

D1stant wrote: »
    Low point for Vinnie. Now lets ask the dumb blonde what she thinks about Nama and we'll all have a laugh.

Unfortunately for her, the answer she gave did little to dispel that stereotype.
    Vincent rips it with everyone, I'm sure he was just being inclusive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Ya was funny.

Yeah I thought it was lousy as well.... (but then I've always been protective of Cassie :) )

• Advertisement

Yeah I thought it was lousy as well.... (but then I've always been protective of Cassie :) )

Yeah.
    As far as i'm concerned, Cassie did brilliantly :pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement