Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    “Fan-dabi-dozi”.

Harry, I had to google The Krankies and their catchphrase as they were way before my time;)
    The small fella was really a woman and he/she is married to yer man
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The small fella was really a woman and he/she is married to yer man
    :eek:

It is surprising that they are one of the few 70s/80s TV Stars whose reputation hasn't taken a tumble recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I forgot about that, I have horrible memories of Jedward coming back to me. :(
    Ah they were priceless as was Vinny's reaction to them. The most unfunny thing on the show that night was Ray D'arcy.

As ever, It is a shame there is no Senior Government Representative on the Panel to debate with these commentators.

It would be interesting to compare the frequency of Fine Gael and Labour Ministers appearances on the show before and since the last Election.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why do Jedward have shaving brushes on their heads. Is it a new fashion?

• Advertisement

Don't know about ye lads but I'm finding tonight's discussion riveting.

Skid wrote: »
    As ever, It is a shame there is no Senior Government Representative on the Panel to debate with these commentators.

It would be interesting to compare the frequency of Fine Gael and Labour Ministers appearances on the show before and since the last Election.
    But Vinny said he wanted the view of outsiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Don't know about ye lads but I'm finding tonight's discussion riveting.

I can't understand much of it either. You're not on your own.

I can't understand much of it either. You're not on your own.
    Ah here, I didn't say I didn't understand it Tayto :mad::mad::mad::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

K4t wrote: »
    It's not hard to argue your view when it is set in stone and completely unaccepting to any possible change.

Remove religious ideologies completely from the argument and we might begin to get somewhere. As the news reporter before Vincent came on mentioned, "lawyers, medical experts and religious groups will all be heard before the committee"

He came across very well, the best from anti choice people I've heard. 4 against one wasn't very fair either.

• Advertisement

But Vinny said he wanted the view of outsiders.

Fair enough, they are good commentators but I find the debate somewhat abstract when there is no-one present from the Government to answer the valid points being raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The Mail really has it in for Hogan!

Ah good, it's the weekly Daily Mail non-story about Phil Hogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm having one of those...

"JESUS, that's what he looks like"

moments..

I'm having one of those...

"JESUS, that's what he looks like"

moments..

The face doesn't fit the voice for me.

The face doesn't fit the voice for me.

I'll text the show tomorrow and let him know that we're not happy .... Collectively we feel deceived :(

I'll text the show tomorrow and let him know that we're not happy .... Collectively we feel deceived :(

I have never heard him from outside the Opera Lane Studios before. I know he is always there because he mentions it every hour without fail.

Reilly is a cute hoor. Telling yer man to eat lots of bread and butter so he'll probably have to pay a visit to his GP within 6 months with high cholesterol, at €60 a pop for the doctor ;)

Massacre In Rome is on TG4 if anybody wants something to ease them off in to sleepy time..

Vinny is being really OTT tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

I thought Fr Doran was going to walk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I love Vinny. :D:D
    "The big pontificator... is Eamon Gilmore".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

What Brady did was wrong 30 years ago however it doesnt mean what he is saying is wrong. I attended a doctor for years who smoked alot, he advised me to stop smoking as this could eventually kill me. A bit rich i thought coming from him. However essentially what he was saying was correct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭mix_up

ivana bacik hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

AK333 wrote: »
    I thought Fr Doran was going to walk

Yeah, he was taken by Vinny's manner at the start. Surely he would have been briefed about Vinny's style before going on the show? It was obvious that he was going to start the discussion in that manner.

How come the only people who are given airtime on this subject are the extremists... Can all reasonable people not just agree that :
    a) if a baby is dead in the mother's womb, then a DNC should be permitted and b) if a pregnant mother's life in danger, then the doctor should be able to do whatever is necessary to save her life. (I thought this was covered under the hippocratic oath anyway?)....

A referendum could get both of these through easily... Any other hard cases (such as potentially suicidal mother) could be addressed/debated etc AFTER making changes to take care of the situations above...

But what's the Irish solution .. Give airtimes to whackjobs like Father Tom, Ivana Bacik, Breda O'Brien, Ronán Mullen etc etc who really dont represent that the views of many people..

Vinnie is just using this as a platform to attack the Catholic Church. He probably can't believe his luck that he's got two clergy members on tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A referendum could get both of these through easily... Any other hard cases (such as potentially suicidal mother) could be addressed/debated etc AFTER making changes to take care of the situations above...

There have been four. All ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

If you had reasonable people making reasonable argument, and agreeing on a reasonable way forward, they wouldn't be on tv?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭mix_up

How come the only people who are given airtime on this subject are the extremists... Can all reasonable people not just agree that :
    a) if a baby is dead in the mother's womb, then a DNC should be permitted and b) if a pregnant mother's life in danger, then the doctor should be able to do whatever is necessary to save her life. (I thought this was covered under the hippocratic oath anyway?)....

But what's the Irish solution .. Give airtimes to whackjobs like Father Tom, Ivana Bacik, Breda O'Brien, Ronán Mullen etc etc who really dont represent that the views of many people..

i think the media is in general , disproportionatley pro choice , i wouldnt call breda o brien or david quinn extremists

extremists are the kind of people in america who seek out doctors and hurt them

btw , i wouldnt call ivana bacik an extremist either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement