Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Fair enough. You his PA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Fair enough. You his PA?

No, I remember him talking about his skin condition some time back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

In fairness, Andrew Doyle is one of the more competent FG backbenchers - and also one of the favourites to replace Shane McEntee as a junior minister.

He was on the Frontline recently, and his "tan" was far more visible against the blue background. It's an unfortunate condition for a politician to have. If he gets promoted, he really needs to go on the Late Late Show and talk about his illness, this dispelling any rumours of sunbeds and lavish foreign holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

AK333 wrote: »
    Dont be so rude - I'm not advocating Boyd Barrett's nationwide strike - it won't happen and I don't agree with closing down businesses in this fashion. However, the point I was trying to make, if you were paying attention, was that the TD Fine Gael rolled out does not look or sound media savvy and is coming across as a dithering eegit.

Boyd Barrett is not trustworthy. When VB asked him would he call for a national strike for three weeks/a month he said he would. I don't believe he meant it for a minute.

He ranted on and on and as soon as Doyle replied he talked all over him.

Tax on high earners and more corporation tax was to pay for the property tax and ten minutes later it was to pay for the €1 bn of Croke Park 2.
    It was also to pay for all the welfare cuts in the budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I agree Barrett speaks alot of nonsense but he speaks the truth with regards what is left in people's pockets.

I'd like to hear where Doyle has ever spoken sense. It looks like he spends alot of time under a sun bed....or more likely abroad.

Am no apologist for FG but its fairly petty to presume someone with a dark complexion is on holidays abroad the whole time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Bitch fest between Vinnie and Fionnan. Its the only way this show is entertaining anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Vinny is talking about privacy laws in light of Brian Cowen's complaint about his privacy being invaded. The panel will also discuss the Patrick O'Brien rape case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Cannot stand people on tv talking with a lisp, annoying as f**k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Vinny is talking about privacy laws in light of Brian Cowen's complaint about his privacy being invaded. The panel will also discuss the Doyle rape case.

I love the way that Vinnie gets his digs in at these holier-than-thou journalists. He went to town on Fionnan Sheahan last week, and he got a sly one in there with Justine McCarthy and the fact that Murdoch is her employer :D

Cannot stand people on tv talking with a lisp, annoying as f**k.
    God, you're so tolerant, aren't you?

It is hardly their fault they've a lisp :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I was going to say something about Fergal Quinn there, but I'd better not because I'd get banned and he'd probably sue me to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The Irish edition of the Sunday Times must be the last bastion of true journalism :) Every other place is cutthroat.

God, you're so tolerant, aren't you?

It is hardly their fault they've a lisp :rolleyes:

I know that, but it is sooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying. Usually people who are so called "tolerant", are the least tolerant of other people's views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I know that, but it is sooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying. Usually people who are so called "tolerant", are the least tolerant of other people's views.

Imagine he if was representing you in case of serious sexual assault

KerranJast wrote: »
    The Irish edition of the Sunday Times must be the last bastion of true journalism :) Every other place is cutthroat.

I love the way she's trying to differentiate between the Irish Sunday Times and The Sunday Times. Whichever way she wants to spin it, she's still on the Murdoch payroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

who has a lips ??

Imagine he if was representing you in case of serious sexual assault

Good one

Are you going Harry... :pac:

I'm raging over the Patrick O'Brien case :mad:

I can't believe that the b@stard isn't behind bars this evening pending his appeal. His wife is as bad, I can't begin to understand the mentality of someone who continues to support her husband after he violated his daughter for almost a decade :mad:

Are you going Harry... :pac:

I'll be there for the beer ;)

• Advertisement

Instead of Shatter concentrating on the privacy laws, he should be focusing his attention on the lunacy of our sentencing laws.

Justice Carney is very concerned about an old man going to prison but what about the eight year old girl robbed of her childhood :mad:

"Most people who commit serious sexual crimes get long sentences"

Yeah right :rolleyes:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/businessman-gets-six-months-in-jail-for-sexual-assault-561171.html

Paul Carney likes a bit of attention and making gránde statements.. Dont have much respect for the judiciary tbh, they have a skewed view of justice in far too many cases..

God the women on aint great tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

There's more behind today's court ruling than meets the eye.

There has to be.

I hope we haven't heard the last of this because my faith in Irish 'Justice' was low enough before today.

This man should die in prison - end off.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How someone can steal the innocence from a child of 8 years just makes me want to cry. There should really be no mercy for these monsters.

Here is another example of a crazy sentence handed down by Paul Carney :mad:

He gave a three year suspended sentence to a man who broke into a house and raped a 33 year old mother of three in her bedroom.

Thankfully, the Court of Criminal Appeal increased the sentence to ten years.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1219/shannonm.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Here is another example of a crazy sentence handed down by Paul Carney :mad:

He gave a three year suspended sentence to a man who broke into a house and raped a 33 year old mother of three in her bedroom.

Thankfully, the Court of Criminal Appeal increased the sentence to ten years.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1219/shannonm.html

I think its time Carney was disbarred.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement