Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Boombastic wrote: »
    Anyone know what date the meeting was in December 2011, I have the minutes of some meetings here the Ming attended?

And what are you thinking of doing with them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

But the sergeant can't wipe them off. It must be a higher officer. You or I wouldn't get it done but the politicians and judges seem to be able to plus that councillor.

Senior officers are political appointments (cabinet) from Superintendents upwards, it's a huge flaw IMO and means the government of the day control their promotion prospects and that's not good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The "Tweet Machine" Does NOT Exist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Lapin wrote: »
    And what are you thinking of doing with them ?

Having a read of them

Ming has balls to appear on the show all the same - right or wrong - all others would run for the hills and hide for a week or so (take Michael Lowry for example)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,883 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Senior officers are political appointments (cabinet) from Superintendents upwards, it's a huge flaw IMO and means the government of the day control their promotion prospects and that's not good!!

Yes. The Garda Commissioners should not be political appointments. They are just puppets. Shatter seem to have the s*** scares out of the present Commissioner. He's like a little lapdog.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ming has balls to appear on the show all the same - right or wrong - all others would run for the hills and hide for a week or so (take Michael Lowry for example)

It could finish him though. Guts or stupidity?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shaneob86

If the sergeant said don't cut turf would he lay down his slain!
    You should text this in

I think both

6,400 staff from bailed out banks earn over €100,000.00 per annum !

Brilliant

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    I think both

I'll settle for brass neck.

And I say he is no different than the other 165 members of the dail

This problem in this country is that people don't see corruption as corruption, a wink and a nod is the way things are done sadly, very sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Or arrogance !?!?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Moral hazard lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Remuneration not renumeration, Lydia.
    /flashback to that dope Richie Boucher stonewalling at that Oireachtas committee enquiry a few months ago. The head of a financial institution repeatedly referred to pay as "renumeration" in his defence.
    I understood there and then why the country is fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Poor auld Ming, what happens when you walk in the door of the Dail does it make it instantly fine to be corrupt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It won't finish him. If the Independent wants to destroy him, they'll need to find something less trivial than penalty points. This whole thing is mildly entertaining, but it's a non-issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

RayM wrote: »
    It won't finish him. If the Independent wants to destroy him, they'll need to find something less trivial than penalty points. This whole thing is mildly entertaining, but it's a non-issue.

Corruption - and being party to it, no matter what level, is a non-issue ? No wonder this country is forked ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Of course it's a issue. Everything the ming stood for was honesty and transparency. Did you hear him before the indo leak?

His credibility has been destroyed. He now looks like a clown. How is the penalty points issue "trivial"? People are killed on the roads because of speeding and drivers not concentrating. Using a phone while driving is pretty lethal.

It probably wouldn't be an issue, if he was so vocal on the matter himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Stop digging Ming.
    No! keep digging Ming(in') mouth almighty, just keep digging that hole, you're doing yourself and your voters proud:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

In the context of things that are currently happening in Irish politics, it really isn't a big deal. And it certainly doesn't merit the sort of coverage it's getting. This sort of story serves no purpose, other than giving the government parties a quick breather. Far from finishing him, it'll be forgotten about within weeks.

In the context of things that are currently happening in Irish politics, it really isn't a big deal. And it certainly doesn't merit the sort of coverage it's getting. This sort of story serves no purpose, other than giving the government parties a quick breather. Far from finishing him, it'll be forgotten about within weeks.

It highlights the corruption is ongoing, nothing we didn't already know about, but it gives them a chance to proactively change it. Sadly they won't and you are probably right it'll all be forgotten about tomorrow :(

If only they had the will to change things

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Boombastic wrote: »
    It highlights the corruption is ongoing, nothing we didn't already know about, but it gives them a chance to proactively change it. Sadly they won't and you are probably right it'll all be forgotten about tomorrow :(

If only they had the will to change things

If only WE had the will to change things .... we get the politicians we deserve :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ain't nepotism great? Helen McEntee will probably sail in, and Fine Gael will use it as a lame reason to tell us that the electorate are satisfied with their governance. So much for the new politics they promised us. I hope the people of Meath East will wake up to this bullshyte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Good to see thomas byrne getting he's arse handed to him on a plate!

Bloody fiana failers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ain't nepotism great? Helen McEntee will probably sail in, and Fine Gael will use it as a lame reason to tell us that the electorate are satisfied with their governance. So much for the new politics they promised us. I hope the people of Meath East will wake up to this bullshyte.
    She sounds clue less, now she's playing on her fathers death. She will go far in politics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

VB: Why should we vote for you?

Miss McEntee: because I'm 26 yrs old:rolleyes:

Why should people vote for you?
    I'm 26 years old

What could you do for the people of east meath?
    I'm 26 years old

What is your name?
    I'm 26 years old

:pac:

Howjoe1 - you bet me to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

A 26 year old crony, holy lord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

She hasn't a clue. Fine Gael are a cynical bunch of shysters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement