Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Vincent really is awful bad at judging the time... Every night he's interrupting somebody, or asking somebody a question which they inevitably dont have the time to answer... Yates was much better at controlling the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

As just posted by Declan Ganley on the twitter, you know how Thomas Byrne just said he never met Sean Gallagher ...

Gallagher an Independent? - My Arse

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Skid wrote: »
    As just posted by Declan Ganley on the twitter, you know how Thomas Byrne just said he never met Sean Gallagher ...

Gallagher an Independent? - My Arse

Interesting to see Elaine Byrne at that as well.
    Dunno how Gallagher is at 39%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

sean gallagher

has no relevant political experience to speak of.

was economic with the truth by trying to minimise his ff connections.

refused to acknowledge that ff was to blame for any of the economic and political mismanagement of the past years.

yet he leads the polls with 50% more votes than his nearest competitor?

either that poll was carried out in mr gallaghers home or this country is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

That red c poll was carried out before the debate where Sean Gallagher refused a couple of times point blank to critisize FFs policys.His handlers soon had him back on track early the next morning.He should go down big time over that and i am refusing to believe he is polling that strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

tipptom wrote: »
    That red c poll was carried out before the debate where Sean Gallagher refused a couple of times point blank to critisize FFs policys.

This point was made to Pat Leahy, who's paper commissioned the poll.. But he says that they have another one this week so we should find out more soon... I reckon Gallagher will take a hit now that people know he is the FF candidate by stealth.. And over his non repayment of money to the Enterprise Board.. he's lost my number two over it anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Fair play to Alison O'Connor for sticking her neck out on the issues of Denis O'Brien's dominance of Irish Media and Sam Smyth being dropped by Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

This programme is being rather brave tonight. There's bound to be hawk-eyed Denis O'Brien ambulance chasers watching it, and the allegations are pretty clear: media manipulation, spiking of columns, threatening journalists through the courts, flawed pedigrees etc.

But Alison still IS covering her arse. C'mon, we know the Indo covered Moriarty tribunal findings extensively but the emphasis was excessively focused on Lowry's role in the corruption. O'Brien was conspicuously absent: and it takes two to tango. One guy to make the payments and the other to accept them.

To be fair to Alison she is being critical of her employer, Denis O'Brien, it is brave considering what has happened to Sam Smyth.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    To be fair to Alison she is being critical of her employer, Denis O'Brien, it is brave considering what has happened to Sam Smyth.

I know, that's the very heart of the malaise. And what should be even more instructive about the rottenness of DOB's media empire is that Sarah Carey still has a job on Newstalk but was fired from the Times.

Hopefully someone steps up to give Smyth a job where he's free from owner interference of this scale.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Alison O'Connor for sticking her neck out on the issues of Denis O'Brien's dominance of Irish Media and Sam Smyth being dropped by Today FM.

I don't think the Independent are pulling any punches with him (at least in the last few articles i read about him there).
    He's not O' Reilly's favourite person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Denis O'Brien is the one who should be facing recrimination for his misdemeanours, not those who are simply honest enough to tell it like it is

Plautus wrote: »
    I know, that's the very heart of the malaise. And what should be even more instructive about the rottenness of DOB's media empire is that Sarah Carey still has a job on Newstalk but was fired from the Times.

Don't start me on Sarah Carey, here she is in action defending Denis O'Brien :mad:

LOL, the lawyers and PR people are watching.

DOB spokesperson writing in to remind everyone that he didn't evade that particular tax is probably the first lot of the invective which will be directed towards tonight's programme and its participants ...

Don't mention folks that DOB evades Capital Gains tax as an exile!

I just got read out from the twitter machine :cool:

You have to admire Denis O'Brien's neck :rolleyes:

A few years back he purchased a €7m four-storey mansion on Raglan Road in Dublin 4. The Revenue Commissioners claimed this was his 'principal residence' for tax purposes. It was only after he proved he couldn't live there because it didn't have a kitchen that they relented.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/obrien-makes-money-and-loses-friends-471700.html

Imagine a €7m house with no kitchen :D

Plautus wrote: »
    I just got read out from the twitter machine :cool:
    I thought I recognised the comment, well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Eamon Dunphy was giving out about Denis O'Brien on his show on Sunday morn too.

woodoo wrote: »
    Ah, Denis can't fire them all or he will end up presenting the Sunday radio slots himself :D

• Advertisement

Mary-Lou comes across every bit as aggressively as her buddy Martin

Mary Lou's 'recollection' isn't worth a tuppence - condemnation of IRA killings is a very recent development in the history of Sinn Fein.

woodoo wrote: »

I couldn't help feeling this was (at least partly) Dunphy's thinking:
    Smyth criticised DOB- he's now gone.
    I'll criticise DOB safe enough in the knowledge that a second prominent employee gone following criticism would be too much and would be a real newsstory (and even if it did happen- how bad, i'll be the centre of).

Guess who was upset at not being invited on after Vinny had kittens about Lowry the last time!
    ElaineByrne Elaine Byrne
    The #vinb discussion on Denis O'Brien, media ownership & his influence on Irish public life was a missed opportunity. Must do better #vinb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Sarah-Carey-004.jpg

What is she laughing at? Her own arrogance?

http://video.ireland.com/video/iLyROoaf8xLZ.html

"Now, we all just pretend to chat to each other". Ahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

You have to admire Denis O'Brien's neck :rolleyes:

A few years back he purchased a €7m four-storey mansion on Raglan Road in Dublin 4. The Revenue Commissioners claimed this was his 'principal residence' for tax purposes. It was only after he proved he couldn't live there because it didn't have a kitchen that they relented.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/obrien-makes-money-and-loses-friends-471700.html

Imagine a €7m house with no kitchen :D
    A person that rich doesnt need a kitchen! order in everyting from catering companies.

Crazy stuff in Greece at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Again tonight Vincent asks is there any alternative to current course of action on economy. This is the umpteenth time he has asked this and never gets any realisitic and sustainable answers from his moaning guests. Despite being left leaning he constantly exposes the loonacy of the lefty candidates like Richard Boyd Barrat. Time to watch a dvd i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Again tonight Vincent asks is there any alternative to current course of action on economy. This is the umpteenth time he has asked this and never gets any realisitic and sustainable answers from his moaning guests. Despite being left leaning he constantly exposes the loonacy of the lefty candidates like Richard Boyd Barrat. Time to watch a dvd i think.

*Broken record comes to mind. I'm beginning to get fed up with the same topics myself.

• Advertisement

"Get real Taoiseach!" :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement