Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What did I miss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

This is boring now, it was interesting on the Pat Kenny show yesterday that some of the journalists admitted Michael D Higgins has been given an easy ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

spyderski wrote: »
    Glenna Lynch's own business track record is not exactly flawless either. Has hopped around more vacant units in Dun Laoghaire than is healthy for any business. Not your average "interior designer"!!!

She's not running for president. I wouldn't give a f%$k about Gallagher's accounts if he wasn't either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

spyderski wrote: »
    Glenna Lynch's own business track record is not exactly flawless either. Has hopped around more vacant units in Dun Laoghaire than is healthy for any business. Not your average "interior designer"!!!

Tell me more.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

this is mental.

is there a moratorium or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

SG's "let's focus on the positive, not the negative" call really makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Skid wrote: »
    They have gone to print, Vincent should have raised this a few days ago.
    I'm talking about headlines on the morning of the election.

My accounts are still with my accountant, they have to be completed by mid November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

bluefinger wrote: »
    this is mental.

is there a moratorium or what?

The Moratorium starts at 2pm tomorrow.

Only 13 hours, 43 minutes and 36 seconds to go ...

Ah, a love story before bedtime :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Min wrote: »
    some of the journalists admitted Michael D Higgins has been given an easy ride.

It's hardly his fault if his contemporaries are completely inadequate. Nor would I call the years of principled public service that Michael D has given an easy ride

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The moratoriam(censorship) has to be done away with.

It only applies to the broadcast media by the way - radio and tv.

So Morning Ireland, Pat Kenny and the News at One can still deal with the presidency tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I love those Meteor ads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

The Moratorium starts at 2pm tomorrow.

Only 13 hours, 43 minutes and 36 seconds to go ...

What exactly does the moratorium refer to.
    Is it just polls?
    If there's stuff on Gallagher, can that be discussed independent of the election.
    Sorry for my ignorance.

Jess16 wrote: »
    It's hardly his fault if his contemporaries are completely inadequate. Nor would I call the years of principled public service that Michael D has given an easy ride

I agree. It's not an easy ride, it's just that compared to the others there isn't much muck there to rake. We've seen what the anti-Higgins contingent on Boards have resorted to - a 40 year-old six-month Fianna Fail connection, ffs!

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I'm talking about headlines on the morning of the election.

I was answering your point about Print media ...

but this kind of thing only helps Sean Gallagher

His supporters think, "Well I didn't understand any of that, but they are all ganging up on poor Sean, now. I will definitely make the effort to get out and vote for him now"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Do we really want a presidential resignation over some scandal and we have to do this again!? No thanks. No to Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

wow.
    5000 grand fee to GAA clubs. Money pulled out of Smarthomes which subsequently plummeted leaving investors 'high and dry' to the tune of approx 700,000G not to mention the movement of money into a personal loan (possibly to avoid tax) and another 50G's unexplained.

it's all over

SG's "let's focus on the positive, not the negative" call really makes sense now.

Yeah whether it is David Norris's letters, Dana's relations, Mary's boards, Martin's IRA past, Gay Mitchell being so boring, Michael D being old and with radical views or Sean's FF connections.

Better to focus on the positive as they are all negative.

Is it just polls?
    If there's stuff on Gallagher, can that be discussed independent of the election.
    Sorry for my ignorance.
    There can't be any discussion on the election or the candidates.

• Advertisement

I was answering your point about Print media ...

but this kind of thing only helps Sean Gallagher

His supporters think, "Well I didn't understand any of that, but they are all ganging up on poor Sean, now. I will definitely make the effort to get out and vote for him now"
    i think the 5000G fee for 20 hours to GAA clubs will resonate across the FF heartlands...

Is it just polls?
    Sorry for my ignorance.

After 2pm tomorrow you can't mention the Election on TV, Radio or in Print at all (other than to say it is on, and state the polling times)

The internet isn't affected, though - you can fire away as you always did

Min wrote: »
    Yeah whether it is David Norris's letters, Dana's relations, Mary's boards, Martin's IRA past, Gay Mitchell being so boring, Michael D being old and with radical views or Sean's FF connections.

Better to focus on the positive as they are all negative.

Sean's shifty wheedling. A real good news story for this country.

ArtSmart wrote: »
    i think the 5000G fee for 20 hours to GAA clubs will resonate across the FF heartlands...

True, although that news broke on Monday. Vincent is slow picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If FF were trying to bring in this referendum, Bacik would probably be jumping up and down like a mad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MrsD007 wrote: »
    For Gods Sake, he should have access to them, he is aware of this issue for a while.

No, the main issue in the last while has been the cheque. Tonight's questions is about his company account and is new.

Also, he's being tactical as there is less than 24 hours to go and I'm sure he's just hoping that he's not lost enough votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

murpho999 wrote: »
    No, the main issue in the last while has been the cheque. Tonight's questions is about his company account and is new.

Also, he's being tactical as there is less than 24 hours to go and I'm sure he's just hoping that he's not lost enough votes.

We need some Sean Gallagher 'and not a single fuck was given' posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Why arent people in the media allowed talk about the Election after 2 tomorrow? Has this always been there?

closeline wrote: »
    Why arent people in the media allowed talk about the Election after 2 tomorrow? Has this always been there?
    for the last 20 yrs or so. in case the likes of mitchell go postal again or something. :D

(or in case the 'idiot' factor gets all influenced by the meejha. mindyou, with this craic going on...)

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »

No, there have been a lot of questions about his involvement in Smart Homes and his loan from the Enterprise Board that he had to repay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement