Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Sketch time:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

A bit indulgent, repeating a sketch from the Election just because The Count is in it.

Get some new material, Mario!!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

To be fair, it's a classic, and weirdly prescient too (well, the 100 billion bit at least!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Plautus wrote: »
    It might not make the print edition. Don't think they're publishing any partisan opinion pieces or letters relating to the vote tomorrow.

I'd be very surprised if that's what they do.

In the past, Irish papers have put editorials on their front page on the day of the election, advising people which way to vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"We'll go to the tweets.. no, I've lost them"..

yeah Vincent .. that's WHY we need Cassie?

• Advertisement

I'd be very surprised if that's what they do.

In the past, Irish papers have put editorials on their front page on the day of the election, advising people which way to vote.

Tabloids might do that, but that's unheard of in the broadsheets ever since The Irish Press went to the wall back in '95.

And I know the IT is not doing it, seeing as the following was printed under the letters page today:
    On Thursday's page we will be observing a moratorium on letters relating to the presidential election, the referendums and the byelection in Dublin West.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

think VinnyB was being a bit mischievious with that sketcht.

MARIO got the fecking bank bailout figure right ! thats just bizarre.

and

nowyoursuckingdiesel.com

a sly dig at gallagher mayhaps ?

wouldnt put it past vinny to be that subtle !

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

"We'll go to the tweets.. no, I've lost them"..

yeah Vincent .. that's WHY we need Cassie?

Carmel Crimmins was on tonight.
    Bit like the thinking man's Cassie.

Tabloids might do that, but that's unheard of in the broadsheets ever since The Irish Press went to the wall back in '95.

And I know the IT is not doing it, seeing as the following was printed under the letters page today:

That refers to the letters only.

As far as I know, the paper will deal will the presidency. I doubt the IT will give an editorial on who to vote for, but it will have articles on the election.

FYI, the Independent has consistently put editorials on their front page for referenda and famously put "it's payback time" on their front page on the day of the 1997 general election. Editorials on voting isn't exclusive to tabloids.

That refers to the letters only.

As far as I know, the paper will deal will the presidency. I doubt the IT will give an editorial on who to vote for, but it will have articles on the election.

FYI, the Independent has consistently put editorials on referendum days and famously put "it's payback time" on their front page on the day of the 1997 general election. Editorials on voting isn't exclusive to tabloids.

I forgot about the O'Reilly stable. I suppose they are 'broadsheets' ;) Point being though, if the IT is putting an embargo on letters, the editorial line will shift that way too. It's a tradition in the Times to advocate voter turn-out and leave it at that. Madam Editor boasted of that track record on the morning of the 2007 general election (which was a pointed jab at the Sindo's expense I suppose.)

But the papers publishing matter-of-fact items about the election wouldn't be any different to the broadcasters who also ran perfunctory items about tomorrow's voting tonight. We'll see how it pans out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

FYI, the Independent has consistently put editorials on their front page for referenda and famously put "it's payback time" on their front page on the day of the 1997 general election. Editorials on voting isn't exclusive to tabloids.

true. that edition was infamous. if you don't remember it, then you're only a young lad!

I forgot about the O'Reilly stable. I suppose they are 'broadsheets' ;) Point being though, if the IT is putting an embargo on letters, the editorial line will shift that way too. It's a tradition in the Times to advocate voter turn-out and leave it at that. Madam Editor boasted of that track record on the morning of the 2007 general election (which was a pointed jab at the Sindo's expense I suppose.)

But the papers publishing matter-of-fact items about the election wouldn't be any different to the broadcasters who also ran perfunctory items about tomorrow's voting tonight. We'll see how it pans out!

It's on their front page:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2011/1027/1224306563427.html

And there's an article written by Vincent Browne himself warning against voting for Gallagher.

That and the Irish Examiner is publishing the photograph of Brian Cowen and the Diesel Smuggler tomorrow, which is as good as saying 'Gallagher NO U'

And feck ye Vincent, ruining my point for me (wouldn't have happened under Geraldine Kennedy :pac:)

Well, no sign of that Vincent Browne article in the IT today hotmail - that was yesterday's paper ;) *dog with a bone*

Well, no sign of that Vincent Browne article in the IT today hotmail - that was yesterday's paper ;) *dog with a bone*

Yep I got the wrong date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Its starting now, might have some info ?

New Count Vlad sketch tonight, hijinks from the twitter machine and sticking the knife in Gallagher again ... *sits back*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I see Vincent got his Presidential doo on

Gemma Hussey... I didnt think she'd be back in the media after Eoghan Harris rang in to Finucane the other week and absolutely lambasted her over what she was after saying...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Couldn't Vincent have found something more worthwhile to talk about, this is completely pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Slow news day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Couldn't Vincent have found something more worthwhile to talk about, this is completely pointless.

He'll be telling us to join him at some time tomorrow to go through the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

woodoo wrote: »
    He'll be telling us to join him at some time tomorrow to go through the numbers.
    Not sure I'll get to see it as I'll be watching some quality TV on RTE 1, it's called the LLS and presented a lovely lad called Tubridy :D

Gemma Hussey... I didnt think she'd be back in the media after Eoghan Harris rang in to Finucane the other week and absolutely lambasted her over what she was after saying...

That'd be an endorsement in my book!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I like the VB show, but we are going to die some where along the line, to laff off the "system" is to be on your own, I wish we were French.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Peter Matthews has got himself a goatee and earring.
    Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

Peter Matthews has got himself a goatee and earring.
    Fair play to him.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

That is the truth. De Media really did turn the election contest into a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Ballaghs talking ****e. Pres election is about character not policies.

• Advertisement

An artist and Sinn Féin supporter who lives in the "real world"... I've heard it all now...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement