Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Furthermore, look at how cynical Papandreou's referendum really is. It's a last stab at a mandate that the Greeks would never give him in snap elections. And it's an unenviable choice; if they vote no the country is broke. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Plautus wrote: »
    Apparently, tonight Vincent is asking if we should follow the Greek example and have a referendum on our bailout deal. Eh, to put it mildly, out of his mind?

Also, ****e line-up:

love dearbhail , shes a great example of a sexy BBW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He thinks that Germany should pay reparations for WWII to cover their debt.. Is this man serious??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Have to agree with the above... The man is not prepared to put ANY of the blame on the Greeks, which is ridiculous... It's the Greek's own fault that they cant pay their debts and cant balance their books.

Greece were never fit to join the Euro. When they admitted that they had cooked their books to satisfy the entry requirements, they should have been kicked out on the spot.

They have been indulged for way too long. They are dragging all of Europe down with them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Teclo

That woman has a fine head of hair... but she always make me feel like crying. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Had to log on to say how :mad: i am at that fecking Greek talking ****.
    There is a old saying, never trust a Greek.

Dimitros is straight out of 1947 - Communists? Seems like a pickled legacy-politician of the dictatorship years, when the military that used to run Greece kept getting hand-outs from NATO et al. to stop Communist contagion.

Draw analogies starting ... now.

Skid wrote: »
    They have been indulged for way too long. They are dragging all of Europe down with them :mad:

Eamonn Dunphy was talking about their accession to the EU, and he blamed Goldman Sachs and Peter Sutherland for "cooking the books"..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Speaking of hair, is Justine McCarthy's frizzy look natural or the product of a perm? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

We are a country of passive herd animals. Well done to the Greek leader and to the proud people of Greece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Speaking of hair, is Justine McCarthy's frizzy look natural or the product of a perm? :confused:

She's just sitting too close to Vinny

On a serious note, a Mario sketch is coming up.

Teclo wrote: »
    That woman has a fine head of hair... but she always make me feel like crying. :(

once sat next to justine in st vincents private hospital , lets just say , she perfers her men older ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

The greeks are really pissing me off and im IRISH, imagine how annoying this must be to the Germans.

There expected to bail everyone out and when they agree to bail the greeks out they say thanks very much and stick the middle finger up at them.

They should tell them to **** off and see how long they last without european money.

On a serious note, a Mario sketch is coming up.

only vinny would be eccentric enough to call time out on a discussion about impending economic armageddon to inform the viewers that a comedy sketch was on route

"I fogot about the sketch ...We will have a sketch eh, after the break ... maybe before the break ..eh ..."

Apologies for repeating myself, but the production on this show really is pirate radio standard. Paper shuffling, Vincent can't read the autocue etc etc ...

Part of the charm, Skid. Only Vincent would bring on the Greek (slightly more bellicose) equivalent of Jackie Healy Rae!

We are a country of passive herd animals. Well done to the Greek leader and to the proud naive tax dodging people of Greece.

;)fixed

"I fogot about the sketch ...We will have a sketch eh, after the break ... maybe before the break ..eh ..."

Yeah it's bad Skid.. the show is short enough with all the breaks... and Vincent loses another 20% by stuttering and stumbling over the autocue, texts and newspapers..

Above all dont upset people with lots of money:p

• Advertisement

Eamonn Dunphy was talking about their accession to the EU, and he blamed Goldman Sachs and Peter Sutherland for "cooking the books"..

I didn't hear that one, to be honest. I'd be happy to throw some blame at Goldman Sachs, but the Greeks are still the primary culprits. It's like blaming a bank for approving you for a massive mortgage.

Part of the charm, Skid. Only Vincent would bring on the Greek (slightly more bellicose) equivalent of Jackie Healy Rae![/QUOTE]

Why is Vincent leaving him off so lightly, if that was an Irish politician Vinny would have him on the ropes for his idiotic comments.

Vincent probably doesn't understand much about the Greek context so doesn't want to chance his arm. Dimitros seriously looks like he'd remember shaking Metaxas' hand on VE day in 1945.

Part of the charm, Skid. Only Vincent would bring on the Greek (slightly more bellicose) equivalent of Jackie Healy Rae![/QUOTE]

Why is Vincent leaving him off so lightly, if that was an Irish politician Vinny would have him on the ropes for his idiotic comments.

vincent is far left himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Putting a tenner through the washing machine is a mistake, unaccounting for 3.6bn is gross incompetence -where is the accountability for this little mistake?

There is a reason, Peter... They have us over a barrel... "you save our banks or we wont fund your Exchequer deficit"... If we could balance our own books they we could negotiate seriously... Unless we implement an emergency alignment of Exchequer income/expenditure, then we have to do whatever they want us to do..

irishh_bob wrote: »
    vincent is far left himself

The Greek guy evidently isn't far left. He's nationalist and anti-communist ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

i would find it impossible to look dearbhail in the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I didn't hear that one, to be honest. I'd be happy to throw some blame at Goldman Sachs, but the Greeks are still the primary culprits. It's like blaming a bank for approving you for a massive mortgage.

it's like blaming the bank that said 'ah sure you may as well up your income there so you'll definitely get the loan', the type of shenanigans they were at for a few years back.

the annoying thing is that goldman sachs are still operating advising governments and peter sutherland is still giving his unwanted opinion on austerity measures while he still draws down his ministerial pension.

on another note, vinny was hilarious trying to figure out who brian ormonde is. a galaxy of stars out in rte indeed!

• Advertisement

:D This is brilliant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement