Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

btw lads, what the hell happened to Mick Wallaces arm.. look like he had a support around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

KerranJast wrote: »
    Why is everyone blaming Merkel and Sarkozy? Theyre only doing what their populace want. That's true democracy.

why should they be upset if the greek population vote no and they get to keep the loans?
    Because it's German taxpayers money and they want it back? Pretty simple really.
    Greece can vote no but they won't get any more ECB money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

btw lads, what the hell happened to Mick Wallaces arm.. look like he had a support around it?
    he had a little op on it 2/3 weeks ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

There laughing at us in Europe but thank god for the Greeks there going take Europe and the speculators down a notch or 10:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jays the look on vinnys face after that clip with enda !

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

There laughing at us in Europe but thank god for the Greeks there going take Europe and the speculators down a notch or 10:D

Jonjo you still got the punts in your matress?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Europe shouldn't really be laughing at anyone considering they were the main instigators of this whole common currency fiasco in the first place

Haha I love your fantasy land. The truth is if the Greeks get dumped out theyll have to find their bloated state from tiny tax income. They better start stockpiling wheelbarrows for cash to buy bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

he had a little op on it 2/3 weeks ago

Yeah that was the day after he was in court and on the show last. He said he had to have an op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Much as I think we should not repay the Anglo Bonds I suspect the orders from the ECB are something like

1) If you don't repay all your bonds in full on time, we will withdraw all funding from your banks immediately.

2) If you reveal what we said in 1), we will withdraw all funding from your banks immediately.

• Advertisement

now the shinner is facepalming !

this is gas craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

"Frankfurt's way or Labour's way!!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Not true, we might have a rough 2 years but will rebound, anyway it doesn't make any difference, it will be all over in a few months when the Greek people tell the E.U to piss off.

Iceland isn't Ireland minus the letter 'r'. A country with 1/10th of the population of ours does not have an analogous economy and had no possibility of re-capitalising three over-exposed banks. You can sound very confident and ballpark '2 years' but you can also consider countries like Argentina which defaulted in 2001 and which still doesn't have anything like a triple A credit rating and took 7 years to see any recovery.

Iceland also took a huge hit in living standards which have not returned to previous levels.

Oh Jesus.
    I hope Margaret E Ward has sanctioned this skit.

vinny spliff !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Because it's German taxpayers money and they want it back? Pretty simple really.
    Greece can vote no but they won't get any more ECB money.

as long as the greek people know that when they exercise their democratic right then that's fine. france and germany can issue their ultimatum alright, but greece can still make that choice whether to accept or not. we'll just have to wait and see though.

this sketch is class. the vegetables!

That prick stole my line from this thread. :pac:

Haha I love your fantasy land. The truth is if the Greeks get dumped out theyll have to find their bloated state from tiny tax income. They better start stockpiling wheelbarrows for cash to buy bread.

Your in fantasy land mate not me, i guess you must like taking it up the ass from Europe like a good little boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Forget about the bank payouts.. The lefties always seem to forget that even if we hadnt bailed out any of the banks we would still have an 18 Billion Exchequer deficit.. (apparently now 22 Billion by today's estimates, though I'm not sure you can trust the Dept Of Finance to count at this stage)... granted the interest on the bailout is now add to the current expenditure, but even without this, the country still needs to make cuts to try to balance the books..

tbh, I think Enda Kenny is kidding himself... All private businesses are in serious trouble and will not be able to create the required economic growth, anybody I know who is getting a job is either working for the state or one of the (now state owned) banks.. Pretty soon we'll be like Northern Ireland, everybody will be working for the State..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Lol. If Greece fall we all fall and that's a fact.

• Advertisement

Your in fantasy land mate not me, i guess you must like taking it up the ass from Europe like a good little boy.

But ... you don't actually know what you're talking about :confused:

Nah I'm just a realist and we've no bargaining power unless we're willing to default and lose all our savings. Nice personal abuse btw. Stay classy.

show always seems to end too quickly !

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

The usual bias 3 + vb against the Labour guy.

Pearse Doherty goes on and on - all of these lefties (but Joan) have these stock soundbites/diatribes they segue all questions into.

Plautus wrote: »

Yes i do just because you dont agree with me doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about.
    Simple fact is there is no saving Europe, its a petty Sein Fein are not in power oh well at least the Greeks will stand up to Europe unlike our goverment.

NO you don't actually know what you're talking about.

No. I'm afraid there is nothing you have said which demonstrates any knowledge of the current crisis outside of soundbites and wishful thinking. And buttressing every unsupported, unresearched and plain unlettered statement of yours with 'FACT!' won't change that.

Stay on the Scrumpy Jonjo and leave it to the adults.

No. I'm afraid there is nothing you have said which demonstrates any knowledge of the current crisis outside of soundbites and wishful thinking. And buttressing every unsupported, unresearched and plain unlettered statement of yours with 'FACT!' won't change that.

You better watch yourself your condescending such and such, listen buddy what age are you by the way?
    I can Guarantee i have about 10 times more life experience than you do, and ive met your type before a smart ass know it all but knows nothing in the end type.
    I better calm down cause if i went at you head to head i would destroy all your silly little arugments in 2 seconds.

Looking over your past posts it seems to me that you are indeed as i thought a condescending little wind up merchant who i know from what you post has zero social skills and zero friends.

• Advertisement

Show don't tell. If you want to demolish arguments, you do that, you don't 'threaten' you will.

But asserting 'life experience' as your credentials isn't going to work when it comes to global financial markets and international relations; of which (here's a risky punt) I'm willing to bet you have never studied with any rigour.

Remember to reply to this post of mine by threatening physical violence. It's the Jonjo way.

And what are you, 5? 'I bet you have no friends. And smell.' Get on with demolishing my argument in '2 seconds'.

Edit: and if you're not going to do that, stop side-tracking the thread and ruining it for everyone with your insulting and (ironically enough) know-it-all behaviour with nothing to back it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement