Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,886 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ease off with the "sniping" and personal abuse please..

Any continuation of personal abuse on this thread will get the poster a week ban, and longer bans for repeat offences!

Back on track now please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

That was a great show last night,Pearse Doherty for Taoiseach and president :cool::cool:
    And Vincent and Pearse on the labour guys back,he didnt know what he was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Why is TV3 so slow putting progs up on playback :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Many facepalms from Vincenzo and Pearse as Labour guy floundered.Margaret is a fox and she was dead right about the markets having a virtual life or death call on a country and its people if their is a buck to be sniffed,they need to be brought to heel.I think even ardent capatilists recognise this now that thing needs to be re-balanced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

very refreshing to see declan ganley torpedo that tedious mom and apple pie equality lark that numerous salary drawing quango queens drone on about , as he rightly pointed out , the phrase is meaningless for the most part

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

They are now spouting communism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What's the story with women wearing glasses on the hair...is this a new trend or what? Every week I end up taking to women who wear glasses all day on their heads without ever using them, more often than not its bloody sunglasses...helllooo..just can't take their comments seriously...
    Can't believe im agreeing with ganley a lot lately...if he runs again id vote for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Armelodie wrote: »
    What's the story with women wearing glasses on the hair...is this a new trend or what? Every week I end up taking to women who wear glasses all day on their heads without ever using them, more often than not its bloody sunglasses...helllooo..just can't take their comments seriously...
    Can't believe im agreeing with ganley a lot lately...if he runs again id vote for him...

Irish man in the street is very anti-europe at the moment so Ganly can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

yes declan communism didn't work. capitalism isn't exactly functional either though.

ive often thought that theese middle class socilists are uknowingly, deeply condescending and patronising towards people from lower income backrounds , its as if they believe people are inherently weak and perpetual victims and therefore need the nanny state to cosset them for thier entire lives , i honestly believe its a chronic form of control freakery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

ganley seems to always come across as an intelligent, well composed guy. would wipe the floor with many a politician in a debate and was very good standing in over the summer.

It great spouting out communism from your house in Dalkey.

tipptom wrote: »
    Many facepalms from Vincenzo and Pearse as Labour guy floundered.Margaret is a fox and she was dead right about the markets having a virtual life or death call on a country and its people if their is a buck to be sniffed,they need to be brought to heel.I think even ardent capatilists recognise this now that thing needs to be re-balanced.

I actually laughed out loud at Pearse and Vincents hands clamp onto face in despair lol :D But it shows you the idiots that got in with FG on shows like that.
    No one is listening though and someone needs to lead Ireland and generate proper organised protests or maybe petitions.

Go on plug the book a few more times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

bluefinger wrote: »
    yes declan communism didn't work. capitalism isn't exactly functional either though.

His point was that true capitalism wasn't allowed to happen i.e. letting the banks fail..instead we've privatised the national debt and nationalised the private debt....how is that capitalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    It great spouting out communism from your house in Dalkey.

he sold that, something about avoiding bankruptcy.

caseyann wrote: »
    I actually laughed out loud at Pearse and Vincents hands clamp onto face in despair lol :D But it shows you the idiots that got in with FG on shows like that.
    No one is listening though and someone needs to lead Ireland and generate proper organised protests or maybe petitions.

I have seen that statement so many times on boards in the last year, so whats stopping you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

The point that the lady made about our tendency, after "independence", to place trust in new elites such as, successful revolutionaries, the McQuade Church, the mohair-suited capitalist tyros of the 60's onwards, the Euro Equality ideal and, now, the commentariat, is so true. That is, it will take us a long, long time yet to actually stand up and believe in ourselves. It's the simple legacy of having no say in the running of our lives, in any meaningful way, in previous years.

irishh_bob wrote: »
    ive often thought that theese middle class socilists are uknowingly, deeply condescending and patronising towards people from lower income backrounds , its as if they believe people are inherently weak and perpetual victims and therefore need the nanny state to cosset them for thier entire lives , i honestly believe its a chronic form of control freakery

Could not agree more.

His point was that true capitalism wasn't allowed to happen i.e. letting the banks fail..instead we've privatised the national debt and nationalised the private debt....how is that capitalism?

its capitalism as goldman sachs and meryl lynch know it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

My problem with Ganley is that he generally comes across as a zealot and when he gets worked up or frustrated he just starts spouting gibberish. I half expect him to jump up on the desk and start waving around copies of Atlas Shrugged and The Wealth of Nations sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sheepydog

God that capitolist guy is so annoying. "tall poppies" where does he get this stuff?

delaad wrote: »
    The point that the lady made about our tendency, after "independence", to place trust in new elites such as, successful revolutionaries, the McQuade Church, the mohair-suited capitalist tyros of the 60's onwards, the Euro Equality ideal and, now, the commentariat, is so true. That is, it will take us a long, long time yet to actually stand up and believe in ourselves. It's the simple legacy of having no say in the running of our lives, in any meaningful way, in previous years.

Most countries are the same, the Russians replaced the Politburo with Oligarchs, Koreans replaced nobility with Chaebol families etc

Corsendonk wrote: »
    I have seen that statement so many times on boards in the last year, so whats stopping you?

Is that a challenge? :D And will you sign it?
    But i meant Pearse doing it,i think he would get alot further.

ganley seems to always come across as an intelligent, well composed guy. would wipe the floor with many a politician in a debate and was very good standing in over the summer.

a very talented man , not sure i entirely trust him but give me sulphur over stupidity anyday

Absolutely. Nationalising the banks has been the single biggest disaster for his country. That was not capatilism. Also Bertie's jobs for the boys in big government was closer to communism than it was to capatilism.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Most 14 year old members of a school debating team would wipe the floor with most of our politicians....and hardly even have to break into a sweat !

Ganley ? Dont trust him and wonder about his history stateside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

i was referring to his usual palaver dragging up the soviet union everytime he is confronted by anyone expressing an opinion to the left of margaret thatcher.

caseyann wrote: »
    Is that a challenge? :D And will you sign it?
    But i meant Pearse doing it,i think he would get alot further.

Thats the problem for SF, Pearse is outshining the elder statesmen. Better if Pearse led them into the next GE, he even makes sense to non SF supporters.

• Advertisement

bluefinger wrote: »
    i was referring to his usual palaver dragging up the soviet union everytime he is confronted by anyone expressing an opinion to the left of margaret thatcher.

id hardly call vincent browne to the left of maggie thatcher , more like to the left of michael d higgins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement