Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Welcome to 'Defending the Indefensible' with your host, Barry Cowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Or he's throwing in the towel?
    No, it is something to do with his extradition appeal, he must have come up with something that will prevent his extradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Re: Bailey, Probably nothing more exciting than a point of law in relation to the way the French authorities are conducting the investigation. We'll have to see ...

Barry Cowen got, eh, schooled tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There's also something grotesque about the people of Laois-Offaly voting Barry Cowen into the Dail.

Skid wrote: »
    Welcome to 'Defending the Indefensible' with your host, Barry Cowen.
    I really enjoyed him and Matt Cooper, I hope they will be invited back again soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

Good man Barry, put the taxpaying scum back in their place

MrsD007 wrote: »
    No, it is something to do with his extradition appeal, he must have come up with something that will prevent his extradition.

Something very wrong about an Irishman Irish resident being extradited for a crime he is alleged to have carried out in this Country, but for which he has not been tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

unfortunately
    Yeah I think he must have, or his Solicitors must have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

There's also something grotesque about the people of Laois-Offaly voting Barry Cowen into the Dail.

the dublin meeja done down thier local hero so they were damned if they were not going to send back a biffo in some shape or form

fatalll wrote: »
    unfortunately
    Yeah I think he must have, or his Solicitors must have...
    I believe Frank Buttimer represents him and he is an excellent solicitor.

• Advertisement

Something very wrong about an Irishman being extradited for a crime he is alleged to have carried out in this Country, but for which he has not been tried.
    Ian Bailey is English though ;) but I know what you mean :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Or he's throwing in the towel?

I dont think so Happyman, from what I'm aware the Irish State have agreed to extradite him to face the French investigators.. And he's fighting it tooth and nail...

Ian Bailey is English though ;) but I know what you mean :)

Oh well :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I dont think so Happyman, from what I'm aware the Irish State have agreed to extradite him to face the French investigators.. And he's fighting it tooth and nail...

Aye, probably. But it's bound to be costing to fight it too. Maybe he has received some stern advice from his brief or his bank. ;)

Oh well :o
    Ah Skid, didn't I tell you before that you are Boards' answer to Jimmy Magee for facts and Larry Gogan for musical knowledge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

It's about time Vincent did a show covering the real Travellers issues.. You'll notice than none of the Traveller men of working age appeared in front of the camera last night... They push the women and children in front of the camera to evoke sympathy from the public... Why didnt Vincent interview the Traveller men and ask them why didnt THEY clean up the site (instead of complaining about the council).. Vincent should realise that 80% of Irish people are not racist, but 80% of the people of Ireland are sick of indulging the Travelling community.

The reluctance of traveller men to appear in front of the cameras is all the more surprising when you consider their familiarity with and their use of the medium in recent times. No need to attach the link, you can guess where to look.

Something very wrong about an Irishman Irish resident being extradited for a crime he is alleged to have carried out in this Country, but for which he has not been tried.

It must be embarrassing for the Gardaí / Irish judicial system... The French are basically saying that they dont trust us to be able to properly investigate and prosecute the perpetrators of the murder of Sophie Toscan De Plantier... Almost as embarrassing as the IMF coming in because "we dont do accounting either"....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Is the innocent until proven guilty senario not different in france.

ie you must prove your innocence as opposed to them proving your guilt?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

Thanks to how it has been alleged how AGS acted, It is unlikely anyone will ever be tried for Sophie's Murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

I believe Frank Buttimer represents him and he is an excellent solicitor.

Hmmm... If you mean he generally represents those who are clearly guilty and manages to lighten their sentences or get them off altogether based on legal technicalities then I suppose that's true...

I'm from the south and have heard many 'stories' about cases he's been involved in and the facts involved... Granted it's his job or at least seems to be his job to always defend the accused (naturally those wealthy enough to afford him) but it would be great to see him on the State's side some time...

• Advertisement

MrThrifty wrote: »
    Hmmm... If you mean he generally represents those who are clearly guilty and manages to lighten their sentences or get them off altogether based on legal technicalities then I suppose that's true...

I'm from the south and have heard many 'stories' about cases he's been involved in and the facts involved... Granted it's his job or at least seems to be his job to always defend the accused (naturally those wealthy enough to afford him) but it would be great to see him on the State's side some time...

hes a defense lawyer , its his job to try and get people off

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

When Vinnie said he was going to return to the "traveller issue" at a future date, I hope he brings a bit of balance to it, which was badly lacking on Tuesday night's programme. I'd love to see Ian O'Doherty in the studio debating some of the issues with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

When Vinnie said he was going to return to the "traveller issue" at a future date, I hope he brings a bit of balance to it, which was badly lacking on Tuesday night's programme. I'd love to see Ian O'Doherty in the studio debating some of the issues with him.

dream on

Vinny is a brave man to invite Nell back on the show.

Vinny is a brave man to invite Nell back on the show.

Surprised she is allowed on any media ... I dont think I can take another love in today... (after the one on Liveline about McAleese)... Not with all the depressing stuff going on in the real world.. :(

I dont think I can take another love in today... (after the one on Liveline about McAleese)... Not with all the depressing stuff going on in the real world.. :(
    I think you are turning into a grumpy old man Jonny :p. Cheer up, Michael D is going to make a fine president.

Just tuned in, Good evening everybody.

When did Michael D record that interview? Is it post election?

Just tuned in, Good evening everybody.

When did Michael D record that interview? Is it post election?
    January 2011

• Advertisement

Just tuned in, Good evening everybody.When did Michael D record that interview? Is it post election?

January, Skid... I'd say Michael D is probably writing a little verse for tomorrow morning... probably getting help from that master of the obvious rhyme that rang in to Liveline a few weeks ago..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement