Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Wealth Taxes in an open economy never, ever, work.

Try again, Pearse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

gambiaman wrote: »
    Simon Coveney is absolutely awful at explaining why his lot are doing what they're doing.

Yeah but why IS he on.. Could they not get Noonan / Bruton or Burton in to debate this??

Plautus wrote: »
    Sinn Fein's biggest coup in years (ooh-er) was Pearse Doherty. Gerry Adams would have shat himself even in the face of the weak, puppy-like licking of Coveney.

Mainly for having a complete dearth of knowledge of anything that isn't related to being a 'community leader' in the North.

As soon as Adams and McGuinness step aside and let the next Pearse Doherty and his generation take the lead, Sinn Fein will progress in the Republic.
    They need to draw a line under the 'Troubles' generation - they are toxic to most voters in the South.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Yeah but why IS he on.. Could they not get Noonan / Bruton or Burton in to debate this??
    I don't think Noonan has ever appeared on the programme. I'm sure Vincent and Michael would know each other well, they are both West Limerick men.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Because they're away doing real work (maybe not, but It's possible.)

There's a common pattern with all these Fine Gael sacrifices to the lion of Vincent Browne; they're junior lieutenants that organised the heave against Enda.

I reckon it's Phil Hogan devised purgatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Coveney was always rubbish on the tv and the radio. I've no idea what he's like behind the scenes.

Seems to me he only got into the cabinet because his seat is in Cork and FG needed a Cork minister.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I don't think Noonan has ever appeared on the programme. I'm sure Vincent and Michael would know each other well, they are both West Limerick men.

Why would you bother?

Not much to gain and a lot to lose (ask Joan Burton)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

It's all academic, the opposition will always tease us with extra money in our wage, in reality if they were in power they would be explaining why we do not deserve it.

Coveney was always rubbish on the tv and the radio. I've no idea what he's like behind the scenes.

Seems to me he only got into the cabinet because his seat is in Cork and FG needed a Cork minister.
    He comes for a political dynasty, his father, Hugh was a very popular and well liked figure in Cork and within FG. I reckon that has alot to do with it.

Skid wrote: »
    Why would you bother?

Not much to gain and a lot to lose (ask Joan Burton)

Noonan could take Vincent on though. He's more of a heavyweight (oh, and figuratively too :D)

• Advertisement

Plautus wrote: »
    Noonan could take Vincent on though. He's more of a heavyweight (oh, and figuratively too :D)
    He is showing more guts now than when he was leader of FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The hypocrisy of the FG TD and claiming SF are making populist promises. What about those populist promises made by FG before they got elected. Why isn't Vinny pulling him up on this sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Sarah McInerney is a fantastic looking woman. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

just joining late. did that one on the right say that most people in the country want to work in public service or did i hear that completely wrong??!!

As soon as Adams and McGuinness step aside and let the next Pearse Doherty and his generation take the lead, Sinn Fein will progress in the Republic.
    They need to draw a line under the 'Troubles' generation - they are toxic to most voters in the South.

Tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

xi wrote: »
    Tripe.

no it's not. once gerry, martin ferris and the rest of the old guard step aside, then they'll do much better.

Tripe.

I wouldn't support SF economic views (well most of them) but they will increase their support in this country in the coming elections. To think otherwise is putting your head in the sand.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    He comes for a political dynasty, his father, Hugh was a very popular and well liked figure in Cork and within FG. I reckon that has alot to do with it.

The good people of Cork have a shocking sense of entitlement to having a Minister at Cabinet.

He got his seat because of his father. Got his cabinet post because he is from Cork.

He never strikes me as having any grasp on any topic, promoted way beyond his abilities. PR just doesn't work :(

Vincent needs to go to Specsavers. He can't even read the large print.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

where does simon coveney think the high earners will go if their wages are cut?

(just realised I'm 10 mins behind - sky+....sorry)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The good people of Cork have a shocking sense of entitlement to having a Minister at Cabinet.

He got his seat because of his father. Got his cabinet post because he is from Cork.

He never strikes me as having any grasp on any topic, promoted way beyond his abilities. PR just doesn't work :(

He is truly awful, he's the embodiement of 'entitlement' in this country - a usless langer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

oops, there's Ho Chi Quinn being caught by the baldies in another false promise (ie, lie) from last February.
    Nice photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

wow - those ads are long...4 mins behind now!!

Simon could do with a shave, he is lucky the programme isn't in HD :D

Apparently he was reasonably diligent as an MEP because he was permitted to be more circumspect and not wheeled out for engagements like these. A bit lily-livered; word is that Batt O'Keeffe had to console him during his first radio interview on local Cork radio ...

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't support SF economic views (well most of them) but they will increase their support in this country in the coming elections. To think otherwise is putting your head in the sand.

Would it be a good idea if FG adopted the SF proposals?......

Doherty is coming across much better than Coveney on VB.....

quote from Coveney " You cant touch anyone on over €100K as they might have big mortgages"..

Reply from Doherty " but its ok to touch those on low incomes and in some cases take half their social welfare "

no it's not. once gerry, martin ferris and the rest of the old guard step aside, then they'll do much better.

Oh dear, if this the consensus there is no hope for any of us.

It shows where FG aligences lie. The middle class is going to get hammered yet again.

TheRealVinnyB Vinny'sTweetMachine
    The removal service for Simon Coveney takes place tomorrow morning at 10 at TV3. Direct all donations and prayers to Fine Gael. #vinb

I'm collecting mass cards lads. Don't all rush ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Oh dear, if this the consensus there is no hope for any of us.

We'll build a FG FF Theme Park for you. HypocrisyLand will open, come the revolution :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement