Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Callen57, I completely agree. Imagine how bad it would be if TV3 was in HD :eek: I must say that Pearse is always immaculately groomed, I like the way he makes the effort for us ladies :D

Absolutely ... there's always a little glow off him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

After a Vinnyless Monday Night, not only is he back tonight, but Mario Rosenstock has a new spoof series before him at 10.30 on TV3...

Tonight with Mario Rosenstock
    Season 1 Episode 1
    New series. The comedian and impressionist takes aim at the guests on weekly topical panel show Tonight with Vincent Browne, and pokes fun at the habits and mannerisms of the host himself in a series of sketches, gags and musical skits
    Category Comedy
    Mario is usually best in small doses, but probably worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Skid wrote: »
    After a Vinnyless Monday Night, not only is he back tonight, but Mario Rosenstock has a new spoof series before him at 10.30 on TV3...

Anything has to better than RTE's latest comedy offering - PJ Gallagher's "Meet the Neighbours". It is a shame that TV3 didn't schedule Mario's programme for Thursday evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Is it new stuff or a complimation of his previous sketches.

Notice how they've schedueled it against the biggest pile of rubbish ever 'The social'

Colmo52 wrote: »

Notice how they've schedueled it against the biggest pile of rubbish ever 'The social'
    I'd say is Mario's best bits, it's TV3 after all ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Colmo52 wrote: »

Watched a few mins of it last night on player & it's definitely up there as a contender along with that sports quiz effort on Sunday evenings .... embarrassing drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

No surprises there - it's being fronted by Craig Doyle after all.

I'd say is Mario's best bits, it's TV3 after all ;):D

Yeah,I think you are correct - the Sky information says ...
    Tonight with Vincent Browne receives the Mario Rosenstock treatment in a show that features his best impressions from the late-night discussion panel over the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I think Mario is very good. But i'd like to see him work with someone else. Like John Culshaw and Debra Stephenson. He could cover so much more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

caught the last few. didnt see the guitar one, which was good. but hopefully they wont to this again.

mario is ok, but it's the brevity which allows the sketches to be enjoyable.

too much = big no no

ETA. get yourself a director Mario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

i cant think of the original song mario sang as willie o dea driving me mad - suffers for his sanity or sumting thanks

woodoo wrote: »
    I think Mario is very good. But i'd like to see him work with someone else. Like John Culshaw and Debra Stephenson. He could cover so much more then.
    Culshaw and Stephenson are in a different league, I think they are brilliant.

Ok.

how many times will vincent

use the word Extraordinary tonight?

i'm going 40

I'd say TV3 bosses are loving this opportunity to do a hacket job on RTE.

he he.

minus one to Vinny so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Countygorey-The original song was Vincent by Don Mclean.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I never saw the programme, but was this priest in Kenya at the time?

ArtSmart wrote: »
    he he.

minus one to Vinny so far
    Is it just Vinny's "extraordinarys" you are counting? Robert Dore used the word too during that interview.

Why is this being made a religious issue? It's nothing to do with religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Great point by this reporter.

• Advertisement

Is it just Vinny's "extraordinarys" you are counting? Robert Dore used the word too during that interview.
    No, the solicitor was saying rte were grand, once the results of the paternity test proved the priests innocence (re fatherhood) , but vinny was trying to say they werent.

What's Breda on about rape? It's such an irrelevance.

Here we go, Breda, the Catholic champion.

plus one vinny - the church cover up buzz

What's Breda on about rape? It's such an irrelevance.

Here we go, Breda, the Catholic champion.
    Her point was relevant, she said the priest could prove he didn't father a child but he had been falsely accused of rape, it would have been very difficult for him to prove his innocence.

WE'RE OFF!!

Breda O'Brien is an apologist for the Catholic Church.

Her point was relevant, she said the priest could prove he didn't father a child but he had been falsely accused of rape, it would have been very difficult for him to prove his innocence.

It's a what if situation...totally irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Skid wrote: »

Tonight with Mario is a new series? Seems odd seeing as the vast majority of the sketches were shown in the first episode. He will have to have done a shed load of new ones to make up a series. Tbh I think Mario would've been better off just doing one or two new sketches a week and have them on Vinnie's show than have a new series. New sketches won't be as funny if there are half a dozen in one go. Plus getting Vincent's reaction is classic.

i cant think of the original song mario sang as willie o dea driving me mad - suffers for his sanity or sumting thanks

32 seconds in - very like Don McCLean's 'Vincent' :)

• Advertisement

Her point was relevant, she said the priest could prove he didn't father a child but he had he been falsely accused of rape, it would have been very difficult for him to prove his innocence.
    Ah, but that's a clever suggestion of inevitable innocence.

the priest could well have raped the girl and she could have become pregnant months later by someone else - a time line he would know.

not saying he has, just saying it's possible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement