Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

em, we all know the 'court' case was one of libel (rightly) brought by FR Reynolds? yes?

anway, have to snooze. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

In other words, the paternity test was not immaterial in him not being convicted of rape.

It should be though. Rape doesn't always result in pregnancy. I think using a negative paternity result as an arbiter in this instance is incredibly flawed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

ArtSmart wrote: »
    em, we all know the 'court' case was one of libel (rightly) brought by FR Reynolds? yes?

anway, have to snooze. :)

Yeah, sorry, i admit i'm not familiar with the details of the case.
    So i changed "convicted". :pac:

Legal argument is presumably the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Extended show til 12.20 tonight..

Giant-Coffee-Cup.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Richard Bruton.
    He usually provides a headline or two/radio coverage the day after he appears on Vinny.
    Wait for the girlish laugh...

EDIT: Jaysus, there it is a millisecond after me posting this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

gambiaman wrote: »
    Richard Bruton.
    He usually provides a headline or two/radio coverage the day after he appears on Vinny.
    Wait for the girlish laugh...

EDIT: Jaysus, there it is a millisecond after me posting this!
    He is more Richard Burton than Bruton tonight - great piece of acting!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Richard Brutal or what ... so far I've been left with a mental image of submissive Eamon Gilmore being 'broken in' by Enda Kenny. :(

And there's something a little incredulous about Bruton playing down 'split' talk. Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

So he basically has admitted that promises are being broken without acknowledging which ones. That fixed smile is giving me the creeps. /shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Vinnie is arseing about here with his questions.

woodoo wrote: »
    Vinnie is arseing about here with his questions.

Yeah, wasting a lot of air time on nonsense as usual..

• Advertisement

Increasing vat is only going to send people to the North or online to do their shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yeah the 05.% increase was such a success 3 years ago wasn't it?

@ Woodoo: He needs to go for the jugular. Likes Bruton though for the simple reason that Bruton heaved against Kenny. We know the history ... whiskey, gun, dark room. And Vincent's failure to get on a Fine Gael ticket fado fado.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Isn't coalition wonderful! You can renege on any promise you made to the electorate - which promises probably got you elected - because your coalition partner would not agree to them in the negotiation of the Programme for Govt.!

LOL :D:D Plautus, I'm just after noticing your location, very funny!!!

Niall Collins always reminds me of

175px-Foghorn_Leghorn.png

Bruton just rattled off the cheat sheet about the OECD and IMF favouring non-wealth taxes there. Last week, Coveney was guillotined by Vincent for it. Here? Tsk tsk.

As it happens, it continues the trend of Fine Gael coup participants being the only ones stupid enough to go on the show.

Heh, thanks Mrs. D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Plautus wrote: »
    @ Woodoo: He needs to go for the jugular. Likes Bruton though for the simple reason that Bruton heaved against Kenny. We know the history ... whiskey, gun, dark room. And Vincent's failure to get on a Fine Gael ticket fado fado.

Aul Vinnie egged him on for that heave too.

woodoo wrote: »
    Aul Vinnie egged him on for that heave too.
    Ah, but he didn't need much encouragement from Vinny at the time. Burton has a big ego!

A Fianna Fáil lad giving out about inefficiency in the Public Service.. Get off the fkn stage... Bertie threw money at everything rather than stand up to the unions and get the required reforms.. Richard is right, he does have "some neck"..

• Advertisement

Niall Collins could do with a shave, I really wish these men would make an effort before they appear in my living room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I love how every single FF stooge has found their soap box since they left power.

Where were all the ideas when they were in government? Shower of w**kers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

FG will be using the "FF ****ed the country" excuse for years. :D

Indeed, and that's the problem with FF in opposition - they're not effective because they only ever make the government look good given how much *they* fecked it up.

nummnutts wrote: »
    I love how every single FF stooge has found their soap box since they left power.

Where were all the ideas when they were in government? Shower of w**kers.

Didn't you hear? They received their seals of office as Ministers for Hindsight from Mary McAleese just after the Election ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

A Fianna Fáil lad giving out about inefficiency in the Public Service.. Get off the fkn stage... Bertie threw money at everything rather than stand up to the unions and get the required reforms.. Richard is right, he does have "some neck"..

Aye, Fianna Fail have zero crebility regarding efficiency in anything let along in the PS and local authorities. He should just shut his yap and crawl off into a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

In fairness, they have every right to do so, FF DID f--k up the country (along with the developers, bankers and public service of course)

Well they may over-use it .. but it certainly is true.. FF increased public spending by 40% between 2000 and 2003... decentralisation... dual staff in HSE and old Health Boards.. benchmarking....

You'd want to see the ridiculous building they built for the Army heads down in Newbridge... looks like the Taj Mahal...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

At least as long as they have muppets from said government acting as if they'd know what to do - now that the pressure is off them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement