Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm sick of all these left wing wasters coming on with their populist rubbish....

"we should burn the bondholders" - if they burned the bondholders all the people on Social Welfare and "public servants" would have no money next week.. There is nobody on the left who would have the balls to risk this so for them to suggest it is completely disingenuous..

"we should increase taxes on the rich" - The problem is not with Exchequer income, the problem is with Exchequer spending.. particularly the 20 Billion we are paying in benefits to a large number of the supporters of these left wing candidates.. private businesses are dying, and the cowardice of the Government to push further cuts on businesses instead of making the necessary cuts, is making things worse..

The country is spending too much, we have waaaaay too many public servants, and waaaay too many benefits.... until we tackle the 18 Billion deficit, we are really at nothing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It would be nice to have a body language expert on here to interpret his body language for us :D

I'm no expert but I believe it would go something like "SOS SOS SOS"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

We won't be seeing Joe Costello on the tv for a while after this!
    He reminds me of Dick Roche tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheBun

Pd's Then the Greens. Labour's turn will come. Vote no to the Labour Party Poll Tax

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

overuse of the word 'vulnerable'. raping the word of all meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Is there a difference between 'the most vulnerable' 'those at the bottom' and 'those who are really really struggling'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Will you please tink of de wurkers Vincent..... this show is a farce. The crazies are running the asylum that is tv3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Its usually said by guests in expensive suits or with expensive hairdos! Obviously doing their best to keep the Peter Marks girls off the streets.

I'm sick of all these left wing wasters coming on with their populist rubbish....

"we should burn the bondholders" - if they burned the bondholders all the people on Social Welfare and "public servants" would have no money next week.. There is nobody on the left who would have the balls to risk this so for them to suggest it is completely disingenuous..

"we should increase taxes on the rich" - The problem is not with Exchequer income, the problem is with Exchequer spending.. particularly the 20 Billion we are paying in benefits to a large number of the supporters of these left wing candidates.. private businesses are dying, and the cowardice of the Government to push further cuts on businesses instead of making the necessary cuts, is making things worse..

The country is spending too much, we have waaaaay too many public servants, and waaaay too many benefits.... until we tackle the 18 Billion deficit, we are really at nothing..

I'm sick of all the wasters who are in a position to do something sitting on their holes and continuing the policies the people voted against in the last election to protect their own wages and pensions and who obviously dont give two flying fcuks about the people.

Whinge all you want about the left and their type of argument but at least they are making a fcuking effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

MungBean wrote: »
    I'm no expert but I believe it would go something like "SOS SOS SOS"

Thumbs up to that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Their giving me a headache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

"we should increase taxes on the rich" - The problem is not with Exchequer income, the problem is with Exchequer spending

And increased income gives rise to more capital available for expenditure. I agree that that our fiscal outgoings are greater than necessary and cutbacks are inevitable but I don't see how those surviving on 200 quid a week deserve to be penalised when our politicians and national broadcasters are enjoying six-figure salaries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Daly's Kildare accent seems to be coming out tonight, she mentioned "yeay" already.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Like 'devastated', I find.

Great to see Vinny back on top form. More of a 'Tesco Finest' than 'Tesco Value' harangue for a change!

And, of course, Labour was talking out of its arse when it promised not to support the guarantee while in opposition. Did anyone actually believe 'It's Labour's way or Frankfurt's way' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jayat100

It 's like the muppet show:D

I'm sick of all the wasters who are in a position to do something sitting on their holes and continuing the policies the people voted against in the last election to protect their own wages and pensions and who obviously dont give two flying fcuks about the people.

Whinge all you want about the left and their type of argument but at least they are making a fcuking effort.

Making an effort? Like Joe H and his back of an fagbox pre-budget submission which was about as much use as what it was written on. It's all well and good to hold up the left for making an effort but when their effort is f-all use while drawing down 100k themselves they are serving less purpose than the people they are attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheBun

It is now very clear from the last year the Labour Party Puppets have lied to us on how all levels from the ground up. All mouth on the the other side of Dail Eireann. Then when they get the new suits they sell out those who put them there. Its time to find honest people to run for the Dail. Not these liers

Realistically, there is no way Ireland gets out of this without diligently doing what the lender of last resort tells it to do. Clare Daly has the luxury of knowing she will never get within an ass' roar of government. If she did, she'd **** the country by honouring her current rhetoric. And I'll say that as a big aul' liberal myself.

Labour could have done without pretending they could do anything to change this though. But, unless we all came down in the last shower, when do we ever believe pre-election pledges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

jayat100 wrote: »
    It 's like the muppet show:D

The Muppets are smart, clever and intelligent.

Not much evidence of any of that on the Panel? :confused:

Browne finally gets round to the real issue of the night, our role in the Neue Reich. And ends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

TheBun wrote: »
    It is now very clear from the last year the Labour Party Puppets have lied to us on how all levels from the ground up. All mouth on the the other side of Dail Eireann. Then when they get the new suits they sell out those who put them there. Its time to find honest people to run for the Dail. Not these liers

Like who? Like Clare Daly perhaps? She's the most economically illiterate woman in the country. She dosen't want any cuts at all yet dosen't have a clue where the bloody money is going to come from.

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Making an effort? Like Joe H and his back of an fagbox pre-budget submission which was about as much use as what it was written on. It's all well and could to hold up the left for making an effort but when their effort is f-all use while drawing down 100k themselves they are serving less purpose than the people they are attacking.

They are in opposition, they dont have to write the budget for the government, they were not elected to write the budget. They are doing what they were elected to do unlike the rest of the fcukin donkeys sittin there laughing at the people they conned into voting for them with outright lies.

People havent much expectation of anything from the opposition benches other than to create a stink every now and again. On the other hand Labour TD's lied and conned their way into power and are now giving two fingers to the people who voted for them. So attacking Joe Higgins for not writing a better alternative budget is just pointless and pointing the finger anywhere but where the actual problem is.

delaad wrote: »
    Browne finally gets round to the real issue of the night, our role in the Neue Reich. And ends!

Oh come on. Can't we not be like the British tabloids about this?

Try 'La Troisieme Empire francais' on for size at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

for that you also need honest voters who will stop lying to themselves and accept that there is no magical formula for keeping our spending higher than our tax receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Jess16 wrote: »
    And increased income gives rise to more capital available for expenditure. I agree that that our fiscal outgoings are greater than necessary and cutbacks are inevitable but I don't see how those surviving on 200 quid a week deserve to be penalised when our politicians and national broadcasters are enjoying six-figure salaries

How many politicians and national broadcasters are on six figure salaries, come on you must have a clue right? And EXACTLY how much would you save by cutting them? More facts, less rhetoric please.

They are in opposition, they dont have to write the budget for the government, they were not elected to write the budget. They are doing what they were elected to do unlike the rest of the fcukin donkeys sittin there laughing at the people they conned into voting for them with outright lies.

People havent much expectation of anything from the opposition benches other than to create a stink every now and again. On the other hand Labour TD's lied and conned their way into power and are now giving two fingers to the people who voted for them. So attacking Joe Higgins for not writing a better alternative budget is just pointless and pointing the finger anywhere but where the actual problem is.

Kicking up a stink is no use. I could give you an alternative budget where I pull 15bn out of my hole for the next 10 years and it would be about as plausible as what they suggested.

The opposition do and have had a role in previous budgets where proposals they might have suggested have been adopted and implemented. The problem with the left and certainly the far left is that their proposals are so far off the ludicrous scale they aren't even worth considering. They effectively spoiled their chance at having something worthwhile included.

And who should we direct our ire at? Labour and FG? They are only following orders from our paymasters. And seeing as they are paying to keep this farce on the road I don't see what option they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Were you born recently?

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Kicking up a stink is no use. I could give you an alternative budget where I pull 15bn out of my hole for the next 10 years and it would be about as plausible as what they suggested.

The opposition do and have had a role in previous budgets where proposals they might have suggested have been adopted and implemented. The problem with the left and certainly the far left is that their proposals are so far off the ludicrous scale they aren't even worth considering. They effectively spoiled their chance at having something worthwhile included.

Kicking up a stink is all the opposition can do. The ULA are a very small party who needed to form a technical group to even get their speak in the Dail. They are doing exactly what they were voted in to do. I dont understand how you see them doing what they were voted in to do as more deplorable than people doing the opposite of what they were voted in to do.
    And who should we direct our ire at? Labour and FG? They are only following orders from our paymasters. And seeing as they are paying to keep this farce on the road I don't see what option they have.]

So because they have no choice they are absolved from all responsibility and the opposition fingered for not doing better ?

If you agree with their policies then fair enough but theres absolutely no point in trying to redirect your anger and disappointment onto people who are not in a position to do anything other than what they were democratically voted in to do.

If you say FG and Labour cant do anything but follow orders then what the hell does it matter what the opposition do ? They could sit in the Dail reading ladybird books and still be as effective as the current government.

Plautus wrote: »
    Oh come on. Can't we not be like the British tabloids about this?

Try 'La Troisieme Empire francais' on for size at least :D

Believe me, I love France, but, right now, Sarkozy is just the warm-up guy for Merkel.

I'm not being Brit/Irish tabloid about this, but surely Germany dominate the Eurozone. In spite of themselves, they want to keep it going. But they don't fancy continually having to bail out the weaker members.

This last tortuous 2/3 years have been a German/ECB-driven learning exercise for existing members designed to help them decide whether they wish to remain in the currency union or not.

This Friday night, Frau Merkel will outline the conditions for continued membership for those who are already members, and conditions for those who might wish to join.

We will listen, as a nation, with interest.

A Referendum will no doubt follow.

• Advertisement

So because they have no choice they are absolved from all responsibility and the opposition fingered for not doing better ?

Hey, you're doing the same....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement