Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Aodhan like a lamb to the slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Plautus wrote: »
    Sean Sherlock is tonight's sacrificial lamb. He's going to be terrible folks, take my word. Constituency politician, he'd vote for anything so long as Mallow hospital was saved.

All politics is local. Sean knows very well which side his bread is buttered. ;)

Aodhan's look at the end:
    "Tell the bad man to go away".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

If looks could kill, Vincent would be brown bread as the camera panned off that segment outside Leinster House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Vincent is losing all objectivity here... He gave O'Riordán a much harder time than the Shinner, when the reality is (do you see what I did there) that Sinn Féin's economic Russian roulette policy is something that they would NEVER have the balls to implement if they were in Government..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Great entertainment Aodhan O'Riordan is. Vincent handed him the rope and he very slowly hung himself with it. "I'm not proud of this budget" I wonder could he have shot himself in the foot more drastically than that.

Looks like Clare is having another good hair day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Oh Vincent. Marry me.
    Plautus, Did I ever tell you how much I'd love to marry Pearse? :D I could listen to his Donegal accent 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

'We deal with reality (in Fianna Fail)'

'And that reality doesn't include being embarrassed anymore.' - Vincent

:D

Aisy Mrs. D! He'd be taking you to Hunger Striker memorials and buying you balaclavas for Christmas (well, to be fair, some people get off on that.)

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Plautus, Did I ever tell you how much I'd love to marry Pearse? :D I could listen to his Donegal accent 24/7.

Ye but would you put in in charge of the household finances??

• Advertisement

I'm reminded of that Margaret Thatcher speech where she described housewives as being in charge of the household budget :P

Like the present government, there would be two people in charge of our financial portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

That Labour TD votes for policies he isn't sure about. That's what he effectively said. Aodhan or something.

I still can't believe he made such a gaffe. Does he not read through what he's voting for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

I'm having Clare around for Christmas din dins, She'd be the crack.

Chest poking I like it.:D

It's surprising how quickly politicians get an attack of the vapours when you ask them a specific question. 'WHICH OECD REPORT' *glowering*

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Like the present government, there would be two people in charge of our financial portfolio.

Well, ye can always get a loan from the Northern Bank without too much trouble ;)

Why are they outside.
    They must be freezing their arses off.

Or is that vinny's MO. Catch them just before they get to their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's surprising how quickly politicians get an attack of the vapours when you ask them a specific question. 'WHICH OECD REPORT' *glowering*

They mention these reports to confuse the public. I bet about 2% of the population know what the OECD is.

Well, ye can always get a loan from the Northern Bank without too much trouble ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOb4s3ETUQc

Yours,

SF Press Office

• Advertisement

Money won't be a problem Harry, I'm sure that Pearse is well set up, he being in the Doll Dáil and all :pac:

The longest rant I have ever heard, well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I think its a disgrace cutting disability for under 25's, its bad enough they have a disability but now there cut by half as well, cant belief there is not more of a outcry over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Why are they outside

Because if they let Vincent Browne into Leinster house it would have to be evacuated

Jess16 wrote: »
    And what do you propose we do with those people Jonathan? Shoot them? Leave them to fend for themselves and have them resort to petty crime because they aren't employable?

I obviously dont mean anybody who doesnt have the capability of working, or those who genuinely cant find work...

But in country it seems that fairness seems to mean:

- a person who was running their own business for years pumping thousands of euros in VAT and income tax in to the Government coffers, suddenly finds the business is no longer viable, is entitled to nothing.
    - a person working for a private business who becomes unemployed is only entitled to similar benefits as those who have never worked at all... (albeit they do get redundancy)..

contrast that with

- a person who hasnt worked a day in their life is entitled to 188 euros a week, rent allowance, medical card etc etc..
    - a person who works in the public sector is entitled to a job for life, no matter how bad they are, can never be fired, and under Croke Park cant have their wages reduced.. We do need public servants of course, but there are a LOT that are now no longer needed... in planning, councils etc etc.

If you look at it dispassionately, the Government should be doing more to help people in the top group, who bring money in to the state... And make it less comfortable for those on in the bottom group who take money from the state..

*awaits throwing of vegetables and such* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Buggs

I think its a disgrace cutting disability for under 25's, its bad enough they have a disability but now there cut by half as well, cant belief there is not more of a outcry over this.

Unless it concerns people directly they don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That Cork lad is a disgrace. Our budgie can talk better than him.

Expect lots of calls to Liveline tomorrow :(

Michael looks really pissed off waiting to get his spoke in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Great entertainment Aodhan O'Riordan is. Vincent handed him the rope and he very slowly hung himself with it. "I'm not proud of this budget" I wonder could he have shot himself in the foot more drastically than that.

I don't think he hung himself at all of course they (should) are not proud of the budget who wants to give a budget like that but they think that it is unavoidable they had to do this. While I don't like it and am happy someone is thinking about the bigger picture rather than throwing there toys out of the pram like some other politicans if they think it will garnish them support

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement