Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Hang on.

You're starting way too high.

Ministers are drawn from TDs, how many TDs are women?

More men are TDs than women. Why?

What are numbers like in student politics? Are more men involved than women? (Anecdotally, I'd guess yes.)

Most politicians are men, appointing women ministers on the basis of their gender doesn't help.

It's a bit odd that in a modern and equal society that we have so few women TDs. I find it odd. Dare I say there's still a touch of sexism in our society...

RayM wrote: »
    The #vinb hash-tag on Twitter is full of comments like that tonight. Mainly from very obnoxious right-wingers. I always find her perfectly reasonable, to be honest. I can never quite understand why she seems to get under the skin of a certain... type of person.

Agreed - some men don't like women giving their opinion or women that are unapologetic in their opinion. It's grand for men to speak like Susan, but when a woman does it, men have a fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

It's a bit odd that in a modern and equal society that we have so few women TDs. I find it odd.

Maybe it's because we lack the patience to work with such morons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

It's a bit odd that in a modern and equal society that we have so few women TDs. I find it odd. Dare I say there's still a touch of sexism in our society...

I dont think so. We have had female presidents for the past 14 years.
    I think its a lack of good female candidates.

And that there all at home doing the washing up:D:D:D

irishh_bob wrote: »
    fathers rarely ever get custody of thier children in the event of a break up , thiers something odd about that in 2011

Are you using this an excuse to justify so few women TDs. I don't get why you mentioned this about fathers' rights. What's your point?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I wonder does the sour blonde wan have a facebook account, i think she might need a poke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

TDs are the product of a system.

They're nominated by parties, which draw them from their own membership. Therefore, for an accurate picture, you need to look deeper than how many TDs there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

It's fairly simple. Half of society is men and the other half is women. If all women voted for a woman and all men voted for a man there would be a perfectly equal balance. Thankfully we live in a democracy and we can vote for whoever we like regardless of gender.

If there is sexism in our society then it is expressed equally by both genders.

Yeah she does have FB account, her favourite movie is Buddy The Elf:D

Anyone else think that having the first 30 minutes from the fatima mansions was a bit ridiculous?

For balance they should finish with 30 minutes from D4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

RayM wrote: »
    The #vinb hash-tag on Twitter is full of comments like that tonight. Mainly from very obnoxious right-wingers. I always find her perfectly reasonable, to be honest. I can never quite understand why she seems to get under the skin of a certain... type of person.

what does she offer other than jaded stereotypical feminist jargon , i wouldnt mind so much if she wasnt drawing a salary from the state

I wonder does the sour blonde wan have a facebook account, i think she might need a poke.

Leave Rita alone will ya:P

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    It's fairly simple. Half of society is men and the other half is women. If all women voted for a woman and all men voted for a man there would be a perfectly equal balance. Thankfully we live in a democracy and we can vote for whoever we like regardless of gender.

If there is sexism in our society then it is expressed equally by both genders.

Of course, women can often be the most sexist. The campaigns against contraception were often led by women. That's not what I'm saying.

It's bizarre that there isn't a greater balance of women in our national parliament. Bizarre.

Agreed - some men don't like women giving their opinion or women that are unapologetic in their opinion. It's grand for men to speak like Susan, but when a woman does it, men have a fit.

thats funny , was trawling through the endless list of QUANGO,s the other day and i couldnt find the NATIONAL MENS COUNCIL

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Is vincent going to ask Averil what "Ayum" means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

what does she offer other than jaded stereotypical feminist jargon , i wouldnt mind so much if she wasnt drawing a salary from the state

What did you find unreasonable about what she was saying? What did she say that merited being described as "a feminist shrew"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    It's fairly simple. Half of society is men and the other half is women.

I really hope you're kidding

Are you using this an excuse to justify so few women TDs. I don't get why you mentioned this about fathers' rights. What's your point?

its about as relevant to the vincent browne thread on the budget as your off topic add lib about women TD,s , i didnt start it but sure sauce for the goose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Jaysus, that Averil wan's a queer wan. Where was she taught to speak like that? You could drive nails with her accent. Looking at the FF guys and gals over the past few days makes me think that they've no future and yes i've seen the new ratings they've got in the polls. Every time they open their mouths, they put their feet straight in. I really do not see them doing anything in their current set up, the old guard have to go, each and every one of the ones that had anything to do with the last goverment. Then, give us, the people, a fullsome apology for their wrongdoing, mean it, then vamoose and let the new deputies start from scratch. FF might be able to do something then, but without this they're gone forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭SnowY32

The russian is going to destroy brian in a sec!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Brian Hayes coming off as mega arrogant.

headmaster wrote: »
    Jaysus, that Averil wan's a queer wan. Where was she taught to speak like that? You could drive nails with her accent. Looking at the FF guys and gals over the past few days makes me think that they've no future and yes i've seen the new ratings they've got in the polls. Every time they open their mouths, they put their feet straight in. I really do not see them doing anything in their current set up, the old guard have to go, each and every one of the ones that had anything to do with the last goverment. Then, give us, the people, a fullsome apology for their wrongdoing, mean it, then vamoose and let the new deputies start from scratch. FF might be able to do something then, but without this they're gone forever.

I honestly think the best thing they could do is rebrand, FF is toxic and will be for years.
    Even if they called themselves the Pedo party i think they would get a better reception.

constantin is a brilliant man , how he doesnt go crazy at having to sit beside muppet politicans and various salary drawing hacks three nights per week is beyond me

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Brian Hayes coming off as mega arrogant.rational

Fixed that for ya;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Fixed that for ya;)

I disagree.

He's both.

He's rational, but also smug and annoying.

In fairness, the only on tonight I like is good ould Constantin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Just as Constantine starts into Brian Hayes Vinny cuts them off to go to the paper headlines. At times this show is infuriating.

I disagree.

He's both.

He's rational, but also smug and annoying.

In fairness, the only on tonight I like is good ould Constantin.

Fair enough, he's both.

This budget was tame however, Constantin is right.

The worst is yet to come!

Vinnny is going to treat us to a band, arent we lucky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

constantin is a brilliant man , how he doesnt go crazy at having to sit beside muppet politicans and various salary drawing hacks three nights per week is beyond me

irishbob,
    He may be right, but politics will prove him to be wrong. Some so called open minds should sometimes be closed for repairs ;) Hmm, I like that comment myself

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You tell em Vinny !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement