Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

I know the cd is for pieta hse, but i'd rather give them the money, than buy the cd and make the politicians feel good.

Has anyone any idea of Cordiff's academic qualifications for the european job?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

headmaster wrote: »
    I know the cd is for pieta hse, but i'd rather give them the money, than buy the cd and make the politicians feel good.

Has anyone any idea of Cordiff's academic qualifications for the european job?

It wouldn't matter at this stage if he had a Nobel Prize in Economics - he presided over an accounting ****-up in the Department of Finance and was a dismal 'career-track' Fianna Fail appointment to Chief Secretary in the department. He should have been dumped for that alone, but then Prionsias De Rossa decided to get shirty and behave like a party whip over there urging MEPs to vote for his appointment or else.

Bosc- I mean Vincent, has gone through the magic door to visit the zoo tonight (i.e. the Occupy Dame Street camp.)

I think Vincent might have been listening to these scurillous accusations that he's read Das Kapital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That woman should have read a few books while she was down there.... Did she think that we had a budget surplus before the bailout?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

How many people are actually there on Dame Street?

This woman knows her stuff!

Edit: Maybe not about the oil stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

This is comedy gold :D Who's going to pay for oil and gas rigs missus?

What is it about Vincent? Any group of people that occupies a piece of land illegally and thrashes it, and he's down there giving them support..

70% of laws emanate from Europe according to Dame Street's resident aul 'wan. Right. Affecting which competences, agreed at which level (The Commission, The Council of Ministers?), having what specific scope?

I like to use qualitative rather than quantitative measures when assessing the impact of new laws. Lots of new regulations on children's toys, hedgerows and nitrates really isn't on the same level as a new Finance Act.

@JonathanAnon - to be fair, I think Vincent is giving them rope to hang themselves with here tonight. I'm getting the impression he wonders what the hell they're doing himself ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

yep, there's an income inequality, but there's also an intelligence and work ethic inequality. we're not all equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fair play to those people for getting out to protest. There will be many more street protests before this ends. People are only starting to show their anger.

• Advertisement

I'll be here until the rule of law returns to this country ... Oh, whoop-de-doo :rolleyes:

Edit - 'What do ye do here all day?' - followed by a pretty feeble answer. Hehe.

Liking Jean, is it? They should get her on more often!

To all the people on the left... We can only tell the IMF/EU/ECB to fk off when we dont need the money they are lending us... To do this we need to get fiscal parity (i.e. cut welfare, benefits, rent allowance, public sector numbers, public sector wages) ... rip up that damned Croke Park Agreement..

So unless you're prepared to do the above, STFU about Anglo Bondholders...

The 80s was a global problem? Hells nah. We were taking crazy amounts of tax off ordinary workers.

To all the people on the left... We can only tell the IMF/EU/ECB to fk off when we dont need the money they are lending us... To do this we need to get fiscal parity (i.e. cut welfare, benefits, rent allowance, public sector numbers, public sector wages) ... rip up that damned Croke Park Agreement..

So unless you're prepared to do the above, STFU about Anglo Bondholders...

Why? We don't have to pay them.

Aíne Kerr is working for Mark Little's Storyful.com now???? Nobody told me?

Why? We don't have to pay them.
    We do if we want that sweet Euro cash to keep the show on the road.

KerranJast wrote: »
    We do if we want that sweet Euro cash to keep the show on the road.

Not according to Constantin and others.

Oh yeah we can tell the Troika to get stuffed, leave the Euro and chance our arm but that's an absolutely huge gamble to take.

Who has the luxury of never having to cash that particular cheque that his mouth is writing.

• Advertisement

KerranJast wrote: »
    Oh yeah we can tell the Troika to get stuffed, leave the Euro and chance our arm but that's an absolutely huge gamble to take.

Maybe but we are not going to get out of austerity this way in any case. The way we are going we will be worse off than any third world country in no time. This is not working. People have no faith in our politicians. Banks not lending, our youth emigrating in droves, new taxes galore.
    Maybe the best option is to refuse to pay the bondholders. Can it get any worse?

Did anyone else just switch off when that guy on the left was talking? So boring.

Is this guy recording a video message for Santa?

I think we are someway off a 'third world country' all the same tayto_lover ... considering even an Iceland style fiscal correction which could engulf us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Whats hanging off your mans beard

Did anyone else just switch off when that guy on the left was talking? So boring.

left ideologically or left on me screen? :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

(i.e. cut welfare, benefits, rent allowance, public sector numbers, public sector wages) ... rip up that damned Croke Park Agreement..

Do you really think that ALL of that isn't going to happen anyway? Just ever so fuçking slowly taking so much longer to get through and recover from than if we just got it bloody over with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

McGuirk?

I do know people like this guy talking and they just believe in all sorts of conspiracy theories and all sorts of things about the EU, the banks etc. When you press them, like VB is, you often find out that they know very little.

• Advertisement

Whats hanging off your mans beard

Caffrey's made a delivery to Dame Street earlier..

231e146fa29c6e87891e7dc98aed.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement